BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

02-19-2022, 03:11 PM   #1
ikenjoku7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335i

Garage List
2014 f13 M6  [0.00]
Unhappy Increased discharge warning won't go away

So I was having issues in the past with my passenger door handle malfunctioning where it would unlock my car if I was anywhere near it and keep trying to unlock the gas tank door. Found a door handle on eBay and got it painted. Installed it and the problem went away instantly, or so I thought. I still get an "increased discharge" warning every single time I start and stop my car and it has gotten to the point where the inevitable happened and I needed a jump. After I got a jump, I brought a charger and let my car charge overnight. Everything seemed fine for the next 24 hours. The "increased discharge" warning even went away....for 24 hours. The next day I started getting the warning again and fast forward to today where my car needed another jump. Im on the fence about going to bmw to check it out because I know they'll try to blame the subwoofer I installed even though I was having these issues way before I thought about doing that. I also have a radar detector hardwire but I make sure to unplug whenever I arrive to my destination. Do you think replacing the battery would fix this issue? I'm the second owner but im pretty sure the battery has never been replaced and its a '14. I also know that wintertime is known for exposing batteries that need to be replaced so im just weighing my options before I head to the dealer. Do door handles need to be coded when their installed?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 10:46 AM   #2
dagoo98
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikenjoku7 View Post
So I was having issues in the past with my passenger door handle malfunctioning where it would unlock my car if I was anywhere near it and keep trying to unlock the gas tank door. Found a door handle on eBay and got it painted. Installed it and the problem went away instantly, or so I thought. I still get an "increased discharge" warning every single time I start and stop my car and it has gotten to the point where the inevitable happened and I needed a jump. After I got a jump, I brought a charger and let my car charge overnight. Everything seemed fine for the next 24 hours. The "increased discharge" warning even went away....for 24 hours. The next day I started getting the warning again and fast forward to today where my car needed another jump. Im on the fence about going to bmw to check it out because I know they'll try to blame the subwoofer I installed even though I was having these issues way before I thought about doing that. I also have a radar detector hardwire but I make sure to unplug whenever I arrive to my destination. Do you think replacing the battery would fix this issue? I'm the second owner but im pretty sure the battery has never been replaced and its a '14. I also know that wintertime is known for exposing batteries that need to be replaced so im just weighing my options before I head to the dealer. Do door handles need to be coded when their installed?
You need a battery. Make sure it's an AGM Battery and make sure it is registered to the vehicle after you install it.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 02:02 PM   #3
LA640WS
Private
Rep
Drives: Vert 640, Merc SL63 R232

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikenjoku7 View Post
New Battery ASAP, I started getting the same message last week while the temps dropped to 50F. Then the alarm started triggering on its own and without the siren. I got into the car and the red LED under the rearview mirror fast blinked until I started the car. The first occurrence however was the message on the screen alerting that all electronics would be turned off, which they were. I drove the car two days and the electronics message disappeared, but the alarm was still detecting an intruder over the next couple of days. Lastly, I was getting 40 messages or so on BimmerLink. Ironically, the battery 105 measured at 92% The voltage, displayed 12.4 volts not running and 14.3V running. That many were too coincidental. New Battery all messages cleared it all. Good luck!
Appreciate 0