BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

05-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #45
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyGeeGee View Post
I ordered Frozen Bronze with Vermillion Red Nappa Leather. Option wise I got:

Leather dashboard with contrast stitching
Soft Close Doors
Comfort Seats
LED Lights with High Beam assist
Navigation System
BMW Indivisual Anthracite roofline
Electric Rearwindscreen sunblind
Smoker package
19" V-Spoke style 366 wheels
BMW Professional sound system
Electric glass roof
4 Zone AC

I know I'm missing some but these are the important ones. Here how it will look.
Very nice! I highly recommend the 19" style 423 wheels as seen here, though.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #46
WhyGeeGee
Second Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC , 2016 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Very nice! I highly recommend the 19" style 423 wheels as seen here, though.

Best regards,
south
They look really nice I think I might order them. Thanks mate.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #47
Holland Harry
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 640d Gran Coupe, Z1

Just ordered my 640d M-sport in Tanzanitblue with champagne/black leather, sport seats in front, 20 inch wheels M performance 464M, shadowline, etc.

Can't wait to get rid of my 7 serie and start driving the brilliant new 6 Gran Coupe.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #48
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
They look really nice I think I might order them. Thanks mate.
Great choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland Harry View Post
Just ordered my 640d M-sport in Tanzanitblue with champagne/black leather, sport seats in front, 20 inch wheels M performance 464M, shadowline, etc.

Can't wait to get rid of my 7 serie and start driving the brilliant new 6 Gran Coupe.
Congrats!

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #49
Beach
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135I

What is the point of this car? At this price point why not just make it a hatch and try to out do the Panamera and A7. This would still come in as competition to the CLS.

I'm a huge BMW fan but this car is a waste and the development cost should have gone to an 840i or 850i coupe.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 12:07 AM   #50
WhyGeeGee
Second Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach View Post
What is the point of this car? At this price point why not just make it a hatch and try to out do the Panamera and A7. This would still come in as competition to the CLS.

I'm a huge BMW fan but this car is a waste and the development cost should have gone to an 840i or 850i coupe.
In my opinion the point of this car is for people who wants a 4 door car with the luxury of the 7er , the handeling of the 6er and the individuality that comes with it.

The reason that this car is priced close to the Panamera and not the A7/CLS is because it's based on the 6 series.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 02:25 AM   #51
Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S

Garage List
Quote:
In my opinion the point of this car is for people who wants a 4 door car with the luxury of the 7er , the handeling of the 6er and the individuality that comes with it.
+1
      05-16-2012, 02:35 AM   #52
Holland Harry
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 640d Gran Coupe, Z1

Quote:

The reason that this car is priced close to the Panamera and not the A7/CLS is because it's based on the 6 series.

Spot on WhyGeeGee!

I wanted something special after my 7 series with a sportier look and a much better driving experience than the 7 series. So the 6 Gran Coupe is perfect for that. By the way if every body loves the Panamera what's the problem with the Gran Coupe than?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 06:38 AM   #53
WhyGeeGee
Second Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland Harry View Post
Spot on WhyGeeGee!

I wanted something special after my 7 series with a sportier look and a much better driving experience than the 7 series. So the 6 Gran Coupe is perfect for that. By the way if every body loves the Panamera what's the problem with the Gran Coupe than?
I think that the Gran Coupe is one of the best cars BMW has ever built and according to many websites who test drived the car they had almost nothing negative to say about the car and I think that is the problem. The car is just that good and from what I see there are 2 things people can pick on:

1- The look of the car which is subjective.
2-Price of the car which I think shows how much people want this car but the high entry price is what's keeping them from getting it thus they keep mentioning it all the time as the major downside.

Moral of the story BMW made a special car for their special customers if they wanted to compete with the CLS or the A7 they would have made a 5 series Gran Coupe.

Sorry about the rant

Last edited by WhyGeeGee; 05-16-2012 at 06:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #54
Beach
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135I

I guess I haven't looked at it from that perspective. I was looking at it from the point of functional space of the car. By keeping the luxury of the vehicle and making it a hatch. I guess I was just looking for BMW to replace the 5GT with something that performed well and looked good.
I guess I'll just have to keep my X6 for that.

Quote:

Appreciate 0

6post.com