BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

07-03-2020, 03:41 PM   #1
oguz kuruca
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83 BMW M4

Arrow coupe/vert m6 exhaust on m6 gran coupe

is it possible to fit coupe/vert m6 exhaust on m6 gran coupe? are the coupe/vert exhausts shorter?
How about f10 exhuasts?

I'm looking for used exhaust for Gran Coupes, but there are alot more options for coupe or f10s.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 05:05 PM   #2
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

I've seen someone get an F10 M5 exhaust and hack it up slightly to make it fit an F06 (the tips are in slightly different places) but the F12 and F13 are a lot shorted in the chassis so converting one might be a lot harder, or it might be easy if it is a straight 113mm section to remove I guess.
      07-03-2020, 07:16 PM   #3
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oguz kuruca View Post
is it possible to fit coupe/vert m6 exhaust on m6 gran coupe? are the coupe/vert exhausts shorter?
How about f10 exhuasts?

I'm looking for used exhaust for Gran Coupes, but there are alot more options for coupe or f10s.
I have a Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust from a F!2/F13 on my Grancoupe,The rear section with the mufflers are exactly the same ,but the mid pipe is the section that would be shorter,and there is approx 4-1/2 length difference between the coupe and grancoupe , but that being said Meistershaft exhaust connections leave a lot of extra adjustment to make up the difference.
In the pic you can see there is about 4-1/2" of pipe at each connection and gave me plenty of room to make it long enough without problems,The exhaust has been on my car for approx 2 years zero issues.
The only reason I did this is because the person I bought the system from had a coupe and sold it for a grancoupe and he is the one that found out it fits ,I was a little skeptical but he was being very genuine to me so I bit the bullet and everything worked out

This is for Meistershaft exhaust only im not sure how other exhaust systems assemble to allow this much adjustment

I heard the M5 and M6 grancoupe have the same length exhaust but the rear section muffler hanger locations are different and must be hacked off and rewelded back on the muffler
Attached Images

2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 05:13 PM   #4
iamvanja
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 640i GC white on red

Mufflers from coupe and grand coupe are identical (have a coupe one on my GC).
F10 AFAIK has slightly different hanger location and there are hacks to make it work.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 11:58 PM   #5
oguz kuruca
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamvanja View Post
Mufflers from coupe and grand coupe are identical (have a coupe one on my GC).
F10 AFAIK has slightly different hanger location and there are hacks to make it work.
coupe vs GC same lenght? I thought coupe was shorter?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 01:31 AM   #6
iamvanja
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 640i GC white on red

Quote:
Originally Posted by oguz kuruca;
The mufflers are the same. The pipes after that (mid section and back) are not the same length.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 01:33 AM   #7
oguz kuruca
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamvanja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by oguz kuruca;
The mufflers are the same. The pipes after that (mid section and back) are not the same length.
Do you think I can make a coupe exhausdt fit a GC? Cut it in the mid section and add 3-4 inches?
Appreciate 0