BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

09-21-2022, 05:29 AM   #1
Al14hos
Rep
Drives: 2014 m6

2014 bmw m6 sports 200 cell cat

Hello
I’m new to the forum. So Hello everyone.

I’m looking for help if like to get a sports 200 cell cat for my m6 however can’t seem to find any sound clips etc.
does anyone have one?

I would go catless but due to restrictions on emissions etc it’s not ideal.

Thanks
Ali
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2022, 08:46 AM   #2
Infamous039
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 Xdrive35i M-Sport

CTS Turbo makes a high flow 200 cell cats for the M6. Here the link to the cats, there $700 and I believe free shipping.

https://www.moddedeuros.com/products...xh-dp-0034-cat
96 Camry (Daily Ride)
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2022, 11:55 AM   #3
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous039 View Post
CTS Turbo makes a high flow 200 cell cats for the M6. Here the link to the cats, there $700 and I believe free shipping.

https://www.moddedeuros.com/products...xh-dp-0034-cat
Interested if anyone has personal experience with these as far as fitment and overall quality is concerned -- curious why they are 1/3rd the price of most other High-Flow catted DP's. I've never seen high flow cats this cheap. If they're legit, it would be a great buy
      09-21-2022, 12:05 PM   #4
Marcus Frost
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: Various

I have AMS Downpipes with Cats and the cats failed on these. I am in the process of replacing them and am leaning towards Capristo.

I believe there is an issue with tuning, high heat, and conventional "race cats" simply taking on too much heat in the S63 configuration. I think it is important to have castings for durability on these motors and the ones picture appear to be all welded stainless piping.

AMS is a quality company but I think this platform poses unique challenges and I would too like to know what success stories there are out there regarding high flow cats and tuned M6s.
1969 Lincoln Continental Sedan
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2022, 12:57 PM   #5
Infamous039
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 Xdrive35i M-Sport

Great questions above. I think I saw a YouTube video where they installed CTS turbo cats on an M6 and then dyno'd it, not sure if it spoke on longevity and durability.
96 Camry (Daily Ride)
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2022, 04:30 PM   #6
Chilldontsice
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F06 MG GC

Ive had the 200cell CTS downpipes on my m6gc comp for about 5 k miles.

I didn't install it but my Indy had no problems with it

There is a mild smell at idle but nothing too bad (wife and kids haven't noticed)

No check engine light was on before I got the tune as well

My tuner did not code for CEL delete at my request and it has yet to come on.

It sounds pretty good. I have comp exhaust which was eh o-k but since I've installed the downpipes there is a very noticeable difference. I love it I get thumbs up and compliments everywhere.

I was on the fence on getting a meister/ Eisenmann and while the sound is not on par with these, this is definitely enough to hold me over

My wife would complain about cold starts after I put on the dps before I coded it out.

I can try to get a sound clip but it probably wouldn't do it justice since it would be through the iPhone.
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2022, 04:39 PM   #7
Al14hos
Rep
Drives: 2014 m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilldontsice View Post

There is a mild smell at idle but nothing too bad (wife and kids haven't noticed)

It sounds pretty good. I have comp exhaust which was eh o-k but since I've installed the downpipes there is a very noticeable difference. I love it I get thumbs up and compliments everywhere.

I was on the fence on getting a meister/ Eisenmann and while the sound is not on par with these, this is definitely enough to hold me over

My wife would complain about cold starts after I put on the dps before I coded it out.

I can try to get a sound clip but it probably wouldn't do it justice since it would be through the iPhone.
Hi it would be great if you could please send me a sound clip or upload one.

I'm in the UK so I'm finding it hard to get CTS
But can get some 200cell variants which I sure would be similar

But want to see do you get:

Turbo spoll sound?

Crackles?

And upshift crackles?

All these are what I want/hope for. Ofcourse I know I can get this with the decat with is 1/5 of the price nearly but I have the legality issue

Thanks
Ali
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2022, 05:18 PM   #8
Chilldontsice
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F06 MG GC

Hey yea I'll try this week.

Yea there's a nice spool I can hear. Sounds great with the windows down and even better in tunnels.

It crackles a bit but not too much honestly. Kind of like an amplified version of what the comp exhaust does

down shifts are great tho, definitely can get some crackles. I honestly haven't herd it with upshift but I've passed ppl in tunnels and they've confirmed it does crackle/ burble. I didn't get a burble tune btw as this is my daily
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 10:43 AM   #9
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilldontsice View Post

Thanks for the feedback on these - would also be interested in some sort of sound clip when you have the time

For coding out the cold start idle, how did you go about doing this? I know it is possible with tuning, but I'm not running any tune at the moment and I'm wondering if it's possible to do without buying a tune