BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-22-2021, 01:15 PM   #45
seanmhu
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13, Honda S2000

Does anyone know if i am able to run the meisterschaft exhaust without the mid section (velocity box), meaning I just run the rear portion of the exhaust? I am assuming no because the piping are different diameters
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 01:19 PM   #46
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmhu View Post
Does anyone know if i am able to run the meisterschaft exhaust without the mid section (velocity box), meaning I just run the rear portion of the exhaust? I am assuming no because the piping are different diameters
You can - a lot of people have just their axle back. You'll need to get a reducer to merge the Meisterschaft system with the factory. At least I did as I'm running their mid section but not the axle back.
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2021, 08:13 AM   #47
JFWM3
JFWE92M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 M6 Gran Coupe 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post

I've heard the Akra has a beautiful sound but I am looking for a more raw, nasty, throaty, angry, pissed off, hulk smash, roid rage type of exhaust. I have a feeling Meisterchaft might be the ticket.

Brian
Having heard them on an M6 in person I can tell you this is pretty much what you will get.
I had an Akra on my M3 and again on my M6. Simply the best workmanship and the best sound. It's not obnoxious. It won't give you headache in the car, but sounds great outside. It's mature and suits this classy car.

06-28-2021, 06:56 PM   #48
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmhu View Post
Yes there axle back fitment is made for it, but Dont do it ,get the Full exhaust it really changes the sound with the Velocity box and Midpipe
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2021, 04:44 PM   #49
castlesteve
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Coupe, 2017 X5M

i agree. The full GTC/GTS exhaust is intoxicating. Nothing sounds like it (that I'm aware of)
Appreciate 0