BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > Member's Classifieds [6 Series and M6]

01-07-2022, 03:54 PM   #1
Panda6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 X6M AND F15 X5 35i

ap racing calipers and hawk performance brake pads

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
I have a set of gently used AP racing calipers
FRONT 6 PISTON #CP9040
REAR 4 PISTON #CP5200
Also BRAND NEW front and rear HAWK brake pads #HB110F.654 and #HB586N.660

calipers are in great condition with no paint missing and come with all hardware and stainless braided lines. they also come with brackets to fit the BMW F15 X5 or F16 X6. custom brackets can be made by a forum member here as a few of the guys make them or from Paragon performance brakes which also sales custom two-piece rotors for any make or model the cheapest I've seen in the US hands down. Everything here brand new is around $4k i am asking $1050 shipped for everything. Thank you.

Attached Images

Last edited by Panda6; 01-14-2022 at 11:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 05:06 PM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
A great deal from a valued and trusted member. GLWS sir.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1
Panda6109.00
      01-07-2022, 06:12 PM   #3
Panda6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
A great deal from a valued and trusted member. GLWS sir.
Thank you sir.
      01-14-2022, 11:10 AM   #4
Panda6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

$1050 shipped lowest price.
      01-16-2022, 09:43 PM   #5
Gotyour6
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 (F06)

OK, I have a real rookie question. As I think the OEM brake calipers are good, these are better? Also, would it mount directly on my F06? Sorry for the newb question.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 06:58 AM   #6
Panda6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotyour6 View Post
OK, I have a real rookie question. As I think the OEM brake calipers are good, these are better? Also, would it mount directly on my F06? Sorry for the newb question.
no such thing as a newbie question at all. yes these brakes are better performance and material quality wise than anything from the factory. As the m6 front 6 Pistons are smaller and the rear Pistons are just a single pot vs a 4 pot piston on each rear with the AP setup. bad thing about OEM calipers is no matter if they're made by brembo or not they are made out of lower quality materials for mainstream manufacturing they aren't meant for the high pressures of racing like the AP brakes. I'm not sure if the brackets will Mount up as most of the SUVs can cross over easy from E to F chassis I'm not sure about the cars, but Paragon performance makes custom brackets and rotors for any BMW maker model for these calipers and pretty cheap too compared to other brake companies.
      01-17-2022, 10:41 AM   #7
Gotyour6
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 (F06)

Ok, thanks so much. I am going to try to find out if I can get more info for mounting. I'll start with this Paragon place. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 04:17 PM   #8
Panda6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotyour6 View Post
Ok, thanks so much. I am going to try to find out if I can get more info for mounting. I'll start with this Paragon place. Thanks again.
no problem, but I'm sure paragon will handle it for you they are the premier custom brake company in the US
      01-18-2022, 02:50 PM   #9
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
One thing to have in mind our cars (M5/M6, X5/XM5) came with electric parking brake. One of the reason we have that funny rear brake. Not sure how you can make those rear calipers work.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 05:59 PM   #10
Panda6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyinp View Post
One thing to have in mind our cars (M5/M6, X5/XM5) came with electric parking brake. One of the reason we have that funny rear brake. Not sure how you can make those rear calipers work.
True you won't be able to use the parking break for the pure M cars, but it's triple the amount of standard BMWs that have a traditional Park button. I just listed it on the M forums because they will fit and for more views. Maybe someone who owns a pure M car has a friend or loved one who isn't a forum member who owns a non M BMW that might be looking for a kit like this you never know so it's best to leave no stone unturned. Thank you for your interest. If that is what it was.
      01-19-2022, 07:35 PM   #11
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda6 View Post
Quote:
True you won't be able to use the parking break for the pure M cars, but it's triple the amount of standard BMWs that have a traditional Park button. I just listed it on the M forums because they will fit and for more views. Maybe someone who owns a pure M car has a friend or loved one who isn't a forum member who owns a non M BMW that might be looking for a kit like this you never know so it's best to leave no stone unturned. Thank you for your interest. If that is what it was.
Just transparency as for people who ask here where to get brackets/brake disks should know that will lose the parking brake. Also, not sure what the comment about pure M car means, are you saying that anything with electric parking brake isn't real M car?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 07:13 AM   #12
Panda6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda6 View Post
Quote:
Just transparency as for people who ask here where to get brackets/brake disks should know that will lose the parking brake. Also, not sure what the comment about pure M car means, are you saying that anything with electric parking brake isn't real M car?
I'm saying pure M cars doesn't have park button before the new M8 and M5 meaning DCT transmission or X6M X5M which had a 8-speed but was set up to act as a DCT with no Park button all which had to rely on pulling the electronic parking brake. This has nothing to do with my listing so if you want to talk further you can DM me. Thank you officer.
      02-03-2022, 01:21 PM   #13
Panda6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

up.