BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-25-2023, 01:56 PM   #1
Rake722
Registered
Rep
Drives: 640d GC

Headlight help required 2018 M6 G. coupe

Hi all, I recently had a little accident in my Gran coupe and managed to destroy the driver-side headlight. I am looking for a secondhand replacement and I’m confused by all the different part numbers listed for vehicles of the same description…

My headlight is a 7471302BMW adaptive LED
I have seen all the models for sale with a different part number that are also for the same model and BMW adaptive LED, but I am unsure whether I can use a headlight for the same vehicle with a different part number. Any advice gratefully received
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2023, 03:30 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

I would use one of the online part database sites like Realoem.com or Bimmercat.com to look up the correct 11 digit BMW part nbr based on my car's VIN.

Once you have found the correct 11 digit BMW part nbr...both of those sites have part cross reference features...so if you click on the 11 digit BMW part nbr...those sites will provide additional information like older or newer part nbrs that are retroactively exchangeable...(or non exchangeable...which can help you avoid a mistake).

This can help you wade through the used parts for sale...you can find the older or newer part nbrs that you can work with.

Here's some examples searching generically for a Euro LCI 640dx w/LED adaptive headlights:
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 08-25-2023 at 04:43 PM..
Appreciate 2
      08-25-2023, 04:35 PM   #3
Rake722
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
I would use one of the online part database sites like Realoem.com or Bimmercat.com to look up the correct 11 digit BMW part nbr based on my car's VIN.

Once you have found the correct 11 digit BMW part nbr...both of those sites have part cross reference features...so if you click on the 11 digit BMW part nbr...those sites will provide additional information like older or newer part nbrs that are retroactively exchangeable...(or non exchangeable...which can help you avoid a mistake).

This can help you wade through the used parts for sale...you can find the older or newer part nbrs that you can work with.
Thank you 🙏
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2023, 02:38 PM   #4
Rake722
Registered
Rep

Ok so checked the sites suggested and what I found were vehicles in which the same light was used - I didn’t find alternative but compatible part numbers.

Here is the result

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...16&series=F06N

So I’m still searching for compatibility issues between mine and other models of the same age 2014-2018

According to the realoem site my part number was released in 2015

PN 63117394916

I noticed a lot of the adaptive ones have at the bottom of the headlights a bit of a silver basil and the plastic base is a dark colour such as black or blue. However on mine it’s silver and grey and silver and grey. It’s very difficult to find secondhand

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2023, 01:47 PM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake722 View Post
Ok so checked the sites suggested and what I found were vehicles in which the same light was used - I didn’t find alternative but compatible part numbers.

Here is the result

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...16&series=F06N

So I’m still searching for compatibility issues between mine and other models of the same age 2014-2018

According to the realoem site my part number was released in 2015

PN 63117394916

I noticed a lot of the adaptive ones have at the bottom of the headlights a bit of a silver basil and the plastic base is a dark colour such as black or blue. However on mine it’s silver and grey and silver and grey. It’s very difficult to find secondhand

Thanks
BMW can update a part number during production…and it replaces (supersedes) a previous part number. The superseded part number can still be used if it says retro-actively exchangeable. DO NOT buy it or try to use it if it says NON EXCHANGEABLE…which means there’s something in its design or operation that is not compatible with the VIN you used to pull up the part.

The headlight design of the pre LCI & LCI are totally different…so one from from a Pre-LCI won’t work for your application. The pre LCI have the turn indicator located BELOW the headlight and the LCI models have the turn indicator located above the headlight & is incorporated in the eyebrow. The corona rings also have a slightly different shape.

You should look for the LCI headlights and part nbrs that are retroactively exchangeable for the number you posted in your quote above.

The pics below show the difference between the pre LCI (1st pic) and LCI (2nd pic)
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0