BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-23-2019, 08:09 PM   #1
Ro_Ja Boy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cars

Odd Cross-Shopping: M6GC vs Trackhawk

I know it’s a weird comparison, but am in the process of selling my current daily driver and if it sells soon, will need to find a replacement. I haven’t found the perfect M6GC and have been looking at the Trackhawk as another option.

I’m wondering if anyone has cross-shopped the two of them and thoughts. Obviously much different options (car vs suv, awd vs rwd, etc) but both are enthusiast’s cars.

I figure a 2016+ M6GC will end up being $65k vs $75k for a used Trackhawk that would have two extra years of warranty and less miles.

Am I nuts to be shopping the two?

Last edited by Ro_Ja Boy; 04-23-2019 at 08:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 10:08 PM   #2
MelbourneFinn
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 G30 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [9.00]
Interestingly, I was considering exactly this pair... Hands down, the M6 is a better car, by miles... But if you live in cold climate (I don’t), need massive amounts of space (I don’t), and are prepared to accept inferior finish the TrackHawk might be an interesting option.

Obviously, I ended up with am M6, and happy about my decision!

On another note, perhaps consider Jaguar F-Pace SVR, Range SVR, or wait for the Velar SVA?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 06:40 PM   #3
kong24680
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone Metallic F06 M6 Gr

I crossed shop these 2 cars but ultimately decided with the m6 GC. Over all the m6 has better handling, quality, and looks. On the flip side, the track hawk is definitely more robust (storage space of an SUV and AWD). The trackhawk definitely has the better motor as well. You could easily make a 1000hp+ out of that motor for little money (no M tax), and the motor will still be fairly reliable. Since the m6 isn't my daily, I didn't end up going for the track hawk. If I had to live with just 1 car though, I'd probably choose the trackhawk.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 07:37 PM   #4
Ro_Ja Boy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cars

It will be for daily duties. I have a frame off Bronco with coyote motor being built as well as a restored 69 Camaro in the garage, so have other cars to tote the kids in on the weekend (besides my wife’s car too).

I think my plan will be to buy an M6GC if I can find the right one when my current truck sells and if I can’t find one, “settle” for the TH.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 12:36 PM   #5
kong24680
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone Metallic F06 M6 Gr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy View Post
It will be for daily duties. I have a frame off Bronco with coyote motor being built as well as a restored 69 Camaro in the garage, so have other cars to tote the kids in on the weekend (besides my wife’s car too).

I think my plan will be to buy an M6GC if I can find the right one when my current truck sells and if I can’t find one, “settle” for the TH.
If you don't need the extra luggage space and awd, definitely get the m6
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 02:55 PM   #6
BM dnobagaV
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 528i

My buddy has an SRT Jeep, and while it sounds nice, the quality is levels below an M6. I assume the Trackhawk is similar, if only more power (and tuning potential).
To mention, the infotainment system is ungodly awful, I wouldn't go for it.
Appreciate 0