BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

12-08-2023, 08:32 AM   #1
naughtyboy956
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 650i

Passenger seat occupancy e-sys fa code out

Hello everyone,

I recently had two annoying lights on the dashboard after purchasing my 2012 BMW 650i. The first annoying code was the (“Passenger Restraints Malfunction” = “PASSENGER SEAT OCCUPANCY DETECTOR NOT ENABLED”) which just appears on the cluster every 15second, then we have the “TPMS SENSORS” = “** THERE WAS NO CODE FOR THIS ON ISTA PROGRAM, JUST LIGHTS ON HUD SCREEN & CLUSTER WITH FLAT TIRE SYMBOL” ** I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY VO & FA CODED OUT THE TPMS WHICH WORKED PERFECT WITH NO LIGHTS ON EITHER SCREENS OF CAR.

Now that I have that annoying tire alert removed, I had purchased two different Seat Mat Bypass plugs for my f12 bmw series both were supposed to work after clearing the codes with ISTA but no luck on either one of them. And yes I purchased two separate brands because some reviews mentioned they had results and some didn’t so vice versa on both bypasses and I just decided to purchase them both at once.
After the headaches of removing seat and disconnecting battery to keep messing with the bypasses, I decided to FA Code out the Seat Occupancy Mat on E-SYS.

The following are what I have FA coded out and done for passenger seat on ACSM module:
  1. Disconnect sensor mat plug *LEFT IT AS EMPTY SLOT*
  2. Occupancy sensor— CIS_Beifahrer: -> nicht_akttiv
  3. Passenger seat position sensor— Sitzpositionsensor_Beifahrer: -> nicht_aktiv
  4. Passenger seat position sensor memory— Sitzpositionsensorserkennung_Sitzmemory_Beifahrer: -> nicht_aktiv

After doing all this I opened External Applications on E-Sys and ran the Clear DTC function which made no changes whatsoever then I tried doing it by opening ISTA and deleting faulty codes and the same airbag light and passenger restraint code appear on the dash and hud sceen. I then found Tool32 download from Mike’s Easy BMW Tool Package and downloaded it and tried attempted to clear codes like that but no luck either here’s the steps I followed for tool32 with same “job status = Okay” but didn’t change anything on my flashing airbag lights.

1) Launch C:\EDIABAS\Bin\TOOL32.EXE
2) Hit F3
3) Load C:\EDIABAS\Ecu\F01.PRG
4) In the "Select Job: F01" window, select FS_LOESCHEN_FUNKTIONAL
5) Hit F5
6) "Results" window should show "JOB_STATUS = OKAY"

Also, I did make sure the white plug under the passenger seat is connected correctly and making contact.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS? IS IT MY TOOL32 SOFTWARE THATS NOT RESETTING CODE PROPERLY? AM I MISSING SOMETHING IN MY CODES?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 08:58 AM   #2
naughtyboy956
United_States
Rep

shawnsheridan Can you help me out?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 01:27 PM   #3
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyboy956 View Post
shawnsheridan Can you help me out?
If you ran Tool32 FS_LOESCHEN_FUNKTIONAL Job, and it showed "JOB_STATUS = OKAY", and you still have fault code, then the issue is the fault is persistent, and the fault condition must be rectified.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 01:36 PM   #4
naughtyboy956
United_States
Rep

I’m embarrassed to post all these codes that popped up, but dang I feel like I was screwed over buying this car. I should have had the bimmerlink app and Bluetooth device to check how much stuff was really hiding in the background.

Any chance you can help me fix or find a solution to rectify the Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor code?

I tried to PM you but I’m a new member.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 05:02 AM   #5
naughtyboy956
United_States
Rep

kubax86 Can you help me figure out what’s going on with my coding?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 12:40 PM   #6
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyboy956 View Post
I’m embarrassed to post all these codes that popped up, but dang I feel like I was screwed over buying this car. I should have had the bimmerlink app and Bluetooth device to check how much stuff was really hiding in the background.

Any chance you can help me fix or find a solution to rectify the Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor code?

I tried to PM you but I’m a new member.
If you tried coding it out then make sure its disconnected.
From the error its seems there was something altered. You can start by vo coding the module and try to disable it.
Appreciate 0