BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-19-2019, 11:13 AM   #1
Slimm2.0
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13

help, bluetooth connected but won’t play

My phone has been paired to my car but it wont play music via bluetooth. It will accept phone calls thru bluetooth but wont play any music from any of my music apps. Anyone experienced this? What you do to fix it?

FYI I had my car coded last year
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 12:59 PM   #2
HeyKC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimm2.0 View Post
My phone has been paired to my car but it wont play music via bluetooth. It will accept phone calls thru bluetooth but wont play any music from any of my music apps. Anyone experienced this? What you do to fix it?

Tried deleting the phone and re-pairing with the car to ensure the media option is also selected?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 06:13 PM   #3
M3nt4l
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F20, BMW E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyKC View Post
Quote:

Tried deleting the phone and re-pairing with the car to ensure the media option is also selected?
It may require Enhanced Bluetooth/Bluetooth audio to be coded in. If you can provide me with the last 7 of the ViN I can see what headunit you have.

Thanks
Sat Nav Map Updates
SLI FSC
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 09:38 AM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

If you can see that music is playing (by a time count etc) but you don't hear anything...try turning up the car's VOL knob...after turning up the volume on your device.

Bluetooth doesn't seem to play at the same volume as the radio and music uploaded to the hard drive. If you do turn up the car's VOL...remember to turn it down when before going back to the car's radio etc.

Also, sometimes I have to have the app on my phone playing prior to connecting to the car...so try that, too.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 07:15 PM   #5
Slimm2.0
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13

I tried deleting and repairing, didnt work. It says “Not Connected” even though i can make and receive phone calls thru bluetooth. I usually turn the car off and on and it will work but this time its not working.
I’m using usb port to play music.
Hard drive and CD stored music works fine
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 03:11 AM   #6
M3nt4l
Private
Rep

Quote:
I tried deleting and repairing, didnt work. It says “Not Connected” even though i can make and receive phone calls thru bluetooth. I usually turn the car off and on and it will work but this time its not working.
I’m using usb port to play music.
Hard drive and CD stored music works fine
Also check if under "Configure Bluetooth" menu if Bluetooth audio is selected.
Sat Nav Map Updates
SLI FSC
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 09:08 AM   #7
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
HeyKC asked the question bolded in the quote above...and I can't see where that has been answered yet.

Bluetooth (telephony) is different than Bluetooth music streaming (A2DP)...and you can tell by little icons in iDrive if your device is set-up for one or both capabilities. When you pull up the iDrive screen that shows your phone's connection to the car...are both icons illuminated? (see image below if you're unsure of what is being referred to)

Also, what are your media options...when you decode your VIN what option codes do you have for media? I believe you need 6NF to stream music from your phone. If you only have 6NL...this may be the reason music streaming isn't working:
  • S6NFA Music interface for Smartphone
  • S6NLA Connection Bluetooth USB devices incl
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 03:55 PM   #8
M3nt4l
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Quote:
Tried deleting the phone and re-pairing with the car to [COLOR="DarkRed"]ensure the media option is also selected[/COLOR]?
HeyKC asked the question bolded in the quote above...and I can't see where that has been answered yet.

Bluetooth (telephony) is different than Bluetooth music streaming (A2DP)...and you can tell by little icons in iDrive if your device is set-up for one or both capabilities. When you pull up the iDrive screen that shows your phone's connection to the car...are both icons illuminated? (see image below if you're unsure of what is being referred to)

Also, what are your media options...when you decode your VIN what option codes do you have for media? I believe you need 6NF to stream music from your phone. If you only have 6NL...this may be the reason music streaming isn't working:
  • S6NFA Music interface for Smartphone
  • S6NLA Connection Bluetooth USB devices incl
If you have NBT headunit then 6NS is required. If you have CIC and COMBOX then either 6NK or 6NL is required (Depending if you have SOS button).
Sat Nav Map Updates
SLI FSC
Appreciate 0