BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-11-2019, 07:38 AM   #1
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Convinced or Not

Here you go guys

Opinions on a postcard

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 08:04 AM   #2
Airz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Sakhir Coupe

Personally I like the look of the new car however I think BMW have priced it out of the competitive market and will struggle to sell them. I can see BMW dealers having to do some VERY good deals to shift any of them.
I'd also say that other than the looks of the car it's not a vast upgrade from an M6. Yes it has 4 wheel drive however a lot of people see that as a downgrade rather than an improvement.
Lets also not forget that the DCT has been replaced by a standard auto so although I'm sure it's good for an auto it won't be has visceral as the DCT.

So in summary:
  • Nice Car
  • Overpriced
  • If you have an M6 there's no compelling reason to "upgrade"
  • If you don't have an M6 you might want to look at one rather than shelling out for an M8
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 09:02 AM   #3
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

I sort of agree, price point makes it far less of a proposition over the M5, there is word already that its life will be short lived. I cannot see the justification for the £130k price tag.

I recall wanting the outgoing M6 GC at any cost, the 8 does not stir the same emotion.

Having said that a 2 yr old M8 car @ c£50k would be tempting
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 09:16 AM   #4
mikerx5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

Im a fan, but not due to the car itself - due to the options available for a 4 door monster. I looked at the panamera, the rs7, the m5 and the m6. The m6 i just kept coming back to.

I wouldnt replace what i have, but it seems like the next logical fit based on what ive seen that gets me juiced up when im back in the market - unless its a 911 but my family needs the 4 doors so that feels like decades away.

The m6 ages so gracefully, i could also see keeping this for a LONG time. It may just look like the original 8 looks as time goes by - kind of like a unicorn!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 10:37 AM   #5
Airz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Sakhir Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taheemr View Post
I sort of agree, price point makes it far less of a proposition over the M5, there is word already that its life will be short lived. I cannot see the justification for the £130k price tag.

I recall wanting the outgoing M6 GC at any cost, the 8 does not stir the same emotion.

Having said that a 2 yr old M8 car @ c£50k would be tempting
Agree that if it's at that price point in 2 years I'd likely pick one up but at the new price there are better options available.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 02:18 PM   #6
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

I’m all good with everything about it apart from wishing the drivetrain was special in some way.

The DCT in the M2-M6 range is special and the ZF8 is something I can get in a 3 cylinder 1 series F20.

I remember being so excited when reading a long time ago it was developed with the M8 GTE racecar which has a transaxle and wondered if we’d get the DCT used in Ferrari, Ford GT and AMG GT. That box can take 790nm.

If you need 4wd shove the i8 front axle in the car and position the engine like the AMG GT. Then it is worth what they are asking for it.
Appreciate 0