BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-22-2020, 06:46 AM   #1
yulook
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Red face CCB Squealing - driving me insane

Hey guys

So I've owned the m6 f13 now for over a year

The only thing that is driving me insane is the squealing that comes after some dust has built up. I have the full CCB

Is there a pad that doesn't squeal?

I looked at the Pagid rsc1

The reply I got was Pagid rsc1 is a race pad and will squeal a lot....

What to do? I dont want to be hosing my rotors off every few days.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 08:09 AM   #2
Speednlux
Private
Rep
Drives: F12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulook View Post
Hey guys

So I've owned the m6 f13 now for over a year

The only thing that is driving me insane is the squealing that comes after some dust has built up. I have the full CCB

Is there a pad that doesn't squeal?

I looked at the Pagid rsc1

The reply I got was Pagid rsc1 is a race pad and will squeal a lot....

What to do? I dont want to be hosing my rotors off every few days.
They all squeal when hot, even the non CCB brakes. Itís the downside of having high performance brakes I suppose.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 11:02 PM   #3
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

I have CCBS and donít have any squeal , I do wash my car a lot , I get very minimal from just the rears after a few hundred miles but very minimal ,
The discs really need to be power washed thoroughly to reduce the squeal , It actually tells you this in the on board instruction manual under CCBS cleaning
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 12:33 AM   #4
brad850csi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

I have normal brakes but I find after I drive hard through some hills for 10 plus minutes(using 25-30l/100km) that they'll behave and be quiet for the next 3000-5000km. I had similar behaviour on another car in the past too with big brakes. Perhaps try that?
      06-23-2020, 12:53 AM   #5
m6NYC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupť

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
I have CCBS and donít have any squeal , I do wash my car a lot , I get very minimal from just the rears after a few hundred miles but very minimal ,
The discs really need to be power washed thoroughly to reduce the squeal , It actually tells you this in the on board instruction manual under CCBS cleaning
I totally agree, after cleaning my wheels with a chemical cleaner and power washing them off with every wash it completely eliminated that annoying squeak for all my cars.
Not to hijack the thread but I see your from NY, Whipple, what part if you don't mind me asking.
Appreciate 1
Whipple140.50

06-23-2020, 04:31 PM   #6
TinCanSailor
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06

BMW even put a video out about it.
Flying Ace4003.50

06-23-2020, 05:03 PM   #7
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6NYC View Post
I totally agree, after cleaning my wheels with a chemical cleaner and power washing them off with every wash it completely eliminated that annoying squeak for all my cars.
Not to hijack the thread but I see your from NY, Whipple, what part if you don't mind me asking.
Im right next to you Bro, Im from Queens.
      08-11-2020, 04:11 PM   #8
dmaxer
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 w/ CCB

I had CCBs with a severe squeal. I used Permatex Ultra Disc Brake Caliper Lube and squeal is 1000 times better but not completely gone. I will re-apply during the next oil change. No, this is not an advertisement...the stuff worked better than I anticipated.
      08-11-2020, 04:20 PM   #9
dmaxer
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 w/ CCB

I also have the PAGID brake pads in a box with approximately 20 miles on them. PAGID doesn't ship them with new mounting hardware like springs so there was a small axial dimensional difference which made the pads "clunk" while Kitten changed direction from rolling forward to backwards and vice versa. There didn't seem to be any longitudinal dimensional discrepancy once they were installed. I drove from the mechanics straight home and back to the mechanic to have the original pads installed. So, I have PAGID brake pads for sales with 20 highway miles on them...if anybody in interested.