BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-08-2021, 01:42 PM   #9791
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Not sure where we are with the Gilligan's Isle topic, but put me down for the director please.
Casting hammock?
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
vreihen1615333.00
      07-08-2021, 01:54 PM   #9792
Mein11
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, Chevy Colorado

Quote:
Seriously, I don't wish anyone anything but sincerity and good vibes. Some people are overly annoying and don't realize that other people being kind, isn't a green light to continue with the behavior. Sometimes it requires someone being a twat for the other party to realize they should stop being an idiot.
Mostly why I've stopped posting in OT for what you outlined. Everyone deserves good vibes, but some people are assholes (or have other flaws) and should be called out on it. Granted that's gotten me perma-banned 3 times, so it's just watching from the sidelines...., and I'd compare it to watching a Detroit Lions game.

Just as dealing with the general public, not everyone deserves to be respected, if they can't respect others themselves. And using the "I just tell it as it is" excuse is equally stupid.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      07-08-2021, 02:36 PM   #9793
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Casting hammock?
Nah.....casting is for the amateurs. Direction is for the one's that made it past the hammock. They made the list and in front of the camera....now they just need to let me direct....or I can tell them how to run their life. (Shit, sorry, had to. I'll stop now.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mein11 View Post
Mostly why I've stopped posting in OT for what you outlined. Everyone deserves good vibes, but some people are assholes (or have other flaws) and should be called out on it. Granted that's gotten me perma-banned 3 times, so it's just watching from the sidelines...., and I'd compare it to watching a Detroit Lions game.

Just as dealing with the general public, not everyone deserves to be respected, if they can't respect others themselves. And using the "I just tell it as it is" excuse is equally stupid.
Don't get me wrong, I love the OT section. It's not quite the Thunder Dome that it used to be, but it's till good for a laugh and some interesting conversation. I was a retail regional manager for years, I agree 100% with respect and the general public. It seems like every couple of years, someone comes here with an online "persona" they are trying to push. I'm a firm believer that everyone should just be themselves; not to act like some 1980's movie funny person that isn't funny.....that is unless you're real personality is the 1980's movie funny person; if that's the case, still be you, just do it over at the Mustang forums. People expect it there.

I'll stand my ground yes, but I also include myself in the bullshit I spew forth. By no means am I better than anyone else, but if I need to be called out, I accept it, reflect on my behavior and make changes if necessary.

Last edited by King Rudi; 07-08-2021 at 02:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2021, 02:48 PM   #9794
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
And using the "I just tell it as it is" excuse is equally stupid.
Most of the time when someone says "I just tell it like it is" all it means is that they just want everyone to know their opinion.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
Mein11422.00
      07-08-2021, 03:05 PM   #9795
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
My last three official dates were with the same LEO Pilot. Any descriptive for that?
Yup, stripe squirrel

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 2
Tommy-G4490.50
Lady Jane70874.50
      07-08-2021, 05:54 PM   #9796
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Why do you guys have your panties in such a bunch? Lighten up. I thought king Twat was actually kind of funny. Call me a name and I'll call you one. Geez
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      07-08-2021, 06:07 PM   #9797
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Why do you guys have your panties in such a bunch? Lighten up. I thought king Twat was actually kind of funny. Call me a name and I'll call you one. Geez
How'd you know about my panties?
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7563.50
      07-08-2021, 07:45 PM   #9798
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Not sure where we are with the Gilligan's Isle topic, but put me down for the director please.
This island needs quality quality control, right? Seeing as how in my actual professional life I pretend to be qualified for QC, I feel I should be the one 'manning' the couch/hammock.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25116.50
King Rudi13154.00
      07-08-2021, 08:03 PM   #9799
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

My island will be fire, not to be confused with Fyre Island.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
M5Rick60091.50
      07-09-2021, 05:39 AM   #9800
Mein11
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, Chevy Colorado

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I love the OT section. It's not quite the Thunder Dome that it used to be, but it's till good for a laugh and some interesting conversation.
That's the case with most forums anyways, all the damn kids are stuck on the BookFace and Yourspace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Most of the time when someone says "I just tell it like it is" all it means is that they just want everyone to know their opinion.
Exactly. In the south they use "Bless your heart". Like fuck off with all that shit, just say you're a fucking idiot and stop beating around the bush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Jokes on you, I don't wear panties, grandpa.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      07-09-2021, 07:38 AM   #9801
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
My island will be fire, not to be confused with Fyre Island.
So, it will be in California?????
      07-09-2021, 07:44 AM   #9802
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
That's the case with most forums anyways, all the damn kids are stuck on the BookFace and Yourspace.

Exactly. In the south they use "Bless your heart". Like fuck off with all that shit, just say you're a fucking idiot and stop beating around the bush.

Jokes on you, I don't wear panties, grandpa.
I forgot all about that. Last time I was in NC on a trip I heard someone say that and for a second I was like huh? Then it clicked that the person they were describing they thought was an idiot.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 01:45 AM   #9803
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

2. Yeah fair enough! Next!
3. Jeff is scary. So glad you're out of that relationship!
4. Haha, so your date pointed out the pilot? Good wing man (pun intended).

Have a great weekend! Order the drinks with all the sugar!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      07-10-2021, 01:51 AM   #9804
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
...., just do it over at the Mustang forums. People expect it there.
Daaaaaaamn that cuts me deep. I know you saw my post about what brought me to this forum.

*insert emoji
*insert he he he
Appreciate 3
Esteban43788.50
Sedan_Clan25116.50
King Rudi13154.00
      07-10-2021, 10:12 AM   #9805
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Cockpit cockrider I laughed so hard.

Okay, sorry for the delay, hectic week. Allow me to give more details on Wednesday, and I'm sorry if I skipped any replies, I'm pressed for time tonight.

In no particular order:

1. Yes, he (surgeon) did have the disadvantage as I love a good pilot. Dad was a navy pilot and then flew for US Airways/American Airlines for decades so the ground roots have been laid on why I love aviation so much. Always been a flyer, love to travel, etc.

2. Surgeon was the one who asked me out first. Then we canceled. He then texted me last week, I never responded to him. Then he hit me up on IG messages asking when he could take me out, so I accepted the date. I figured, hey, he must really have an interest in meeting me if he's seeking alternate ways to get a response out of me. Wednesday night comes and he's just the hardest person to have a conversation with. I asked him what type of surgery he performs (even though I already knew from his profile), his response was "complicated ones." Then radio silence. Okay, the last surgeon I went out with was more than happy to go into detail about what he does, he was very passionate about his work. This guy, nothing. Then I asked him what his favorite movie is to which he replied with "I don't really know." I said "Do you know your favorite color?" He said "Blue, what's yours, orange?" (I was wearing an orange dress) I said "No, it's also blue." Then again silence. I just felt like he asked me out, take some initiative, ask me some questions! Like, fuck. I felt like I was talking to a wall. It was frustrating me.

3. The sugar question. Rewind to 2017, I dated a guy for years who criticized every single thing I would eat, order, have in my fridge. He would embarrass me at restaurants. I remember ordering some strawberry lemonade alcohol drink once and with the waitress standing there, he looked at me and said "of course you'd order the most sugary drink." So fucking rude. This was the narcissist attorney who randomly flew to DC and showed up at my doorstep while I wasn't home and was angry that I wasn't there, if any of you remember those posts. It got to the point in our relationship where he would order for me. I'm not going down that road again. NEVER again. So when this guy, right out of the gate, asked for the least amount of sugar, it was instant flashbacks and I was thinking, "oh no, not another Jeff, I'm not doing this shit again." Maybe he was a diabetic, and I'm just a bitch for having a flashback, but it just was not a good start for me.

4. The pilot at the next table. I can't remember what I was talking about but surgeon shushed me (because I'm the one doing all the talking at this point), and pointed to the table next to us and said "that guy is talking about a medical procedure." I stopped talking, looked over and started listening in on the date next to us. He was talking about his medical clearance for flying planes! Well, that certainly caught my attention and I was more interested in the date next to me at that point

I'm sure he'll make some woman very happy. He's just not for me.

Did I miss anything? I hope I didn't leave anyone out. Sorry these responses are rushed. I'm away for a bit starting now as it's my baby's birthday weekend!!!
Perhaps another meet and see what he's like then if he's a bit more talkative, people have bad days and could be he had a bad surgeon day and wasn't so clicky? If not then you'll know for sure and may want to move on.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25116.50
      07-10-2021, 10:34 AM   #9806
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Perhaps another meet and see what he's like then if he's a bit more talkative, people have bad days and could be he had a bad surgeon day and wasn't so clicky? If not then you'll know for sure and may want to move on.
Some doctors are just self absorbed pricks. I meet a lot of them, and I choose not to socialize or refer my patients to them.
upstatedoc7563.50
Sedan_Clan25116.50
Lady Jane70874.50
Sara5791.00
      07-10-2021, 01:58 PM   #9807
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Cockpit cockrider I laughed so hard.

Okay, sorry for the delay, hectic week. Allow me to give more details on Wednesday, and I'm sorry if I skipped any replies, I'm pressed for time tonight.

In no particular order:

1. Yes, he (surgeon) did have the disadvantage as I love a good pilot. Dad was a navy pilot and then flew for US Airways/American Airlines for decades so the ground roots have been laid on why I love aviation so much. Always been a flyer, love to travel, etc.

2. Surgeon was the one who asked me out first. Then we canceled. He then texted me last week, I never responded to him. Then he hit me up on IG messages asking when he could take me out, so I accepted the date. I figured, hey, he must really have an interest in meeting me if he's seeking alternate ways to get a response out of me. Wednesday night comes and he's just the hardest person to have a conversation with. I asked him what type of surgery he performs (even though I already knew from his profile), his response was "complicated ones." Then radio silence. Okay, the last surgeon I went out with was more than happy to go into detail about what he does, he was very passionate about his work. This guy, nothing. Then I asked him what his favorite movie is to which he replied with "I don't really know." I said "Do you know your favorite color?" He said "Blue, what's yours, orange?" (I was wearing an orange dress) I said "No, it's also blue." Then again silence. I just felt like he asked me out, take some initiative, ask me some questions! Like, fuck. I felt like I was talking to a wall. It was frustrating me.

3. The sugar question. Rewind to 2017, I dated a guy for years who criticized every single thing I would eat, order, have in my fridge. He would embarrass me at restaurants. I remember ordering some strawberry lemonade alcohol drink once and with the waitress standing there, he looked at me and said "of course you'd order the most sugary drink." So fucking rude. This was the narcissist attorney who randomly flew to DC and showed up at my doorstep while I wasn't home and was angry that I wasn't there, if any of you remember those posts. It got to the point in our relationship where he would order for me. I'm not going down that road again. NEVER again. So when this guy, right out of the gate, asked for the least amount of sugar, it was instant flashbacks and I was thinking, "oh no, not another Jeff, I'm not doing this shit again." Maybe he was a diabetic, and I'm just a bitch for having a flashback, but it just was not a good start for me.

4. The pilot at the next table. I can't remember what I was talking about but surgeon shushed me (because I'm the one doing all the talking at this point), and pointed to the table next to us and said "that guy is talking about a medical procedure." I stopped talking, looked over and started listening in on the date next to us. He was talking about his medical clearance for flying planes! Well, that certainly caught my attention and I was more interested in the date next to me at that point

I'm sure he'll make some woman very happy. He's just not for me.

Did I miss anything? I hope I didn't leave anyone out. Sorry these responses are rushed. I'm away for a bit starting now as it's my baby's birthday weekend!!!
Happy birthday to your little one. Thanks for the update. The breakdown adds a bit more clarity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
2. Yeah fair enough! Next!
3. Jeff is scary. So glad you're out of that relationship!
4. Haha, so your date pointed out the pilot? Good wing man (pun intended).

Have a great weekend! Order the drinks with all the sugar!
This!!!! Jeff was a tool and a half for sure.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60091.50
      07-10-2021, 02:25 PM   #9808
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
Some doctors are just self absorbed pricks. I meet a lot of them, and I choose not to socialize or refer my patients to them.
Tell me all about it....
Appreciate 1
DocL1930.00
      07-10-2021, 04:42 PM   #9809
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Now thats hilarious, Im curious how you'd get that
Don't worry; we will tell you.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615333.00
Dang3r12512.00
      07-10-2021, 06:28 PM   #9810
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Especially surgeons. Some of the best ones Ive known (save for one, who is a real life Doogie Howser) I would have guessed were on the spectrum.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25116.50
      07-10-2021, 07:16 PM   #9811
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
Quote:
Especially surgeons. Some of the best ones Ive known (save for one, who is a real life Doogie Howser) I would have guessed were on the spectrum.
Yeah, much like many of the IT guys I know. Brilliant, but a little awkward. They've been really reliable friends though.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      07-10-2021, 07:46 PM   #9812
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Yeah, much like many of the IT guys I know. Brilliant, but a little awkward. They've been really reliable friends though.
Hey, I resemble that remark! Although Im socially functional enough to have made it to being an analyst, the server guys though...
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25116.50