BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

10-09-2021, 02:34 PM   #23
tliartis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog2964 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMSteven View Post
I haven't had to use the warranty yet so I can't say. Only had the car a little more than a month, but IMO I would look for a CPO 6 Series or at least one that's still under factory warranty at a BMW dealership so they can extend it.
That might be plan B if the one i bought doesnt pan out. It gets delivered monday and i will have a PPI done at the BMW dealership tuesday and depending on how that goes, i may or may not keep it.
thx
All after inspecting the car I noticed this spot. I'm not sure what it is. Clear coat failing? Bird etching? It's smooth to the touch. Any thoughts? It's in the shadow of the phone in the picture
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 09:31 PM   #24
arucano
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Grand Coupe CP

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 GC  [10.00]
that looks like someone tried to tough up a scratch. With metallic paint that type of diy repair result is not uncommon.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 01:24 AM   #25
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Does not look like touch up to me. Looks like a splatter and touch up would not be smooth. It is either residue on the surface or bird or some other clear coat etch. It's very hard to judge from photos what something like that is. Even in person I usually use magnification to see clearly what I am dealing with, whether it is above or below the surface, and whether it has cut through the clear coat or can be sanded and polished or even just polished.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 01:28 AM   #26
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

And no, that is not clear coat failure in the sense you mean it, although it may be clear coat damage from some acidic material.
Appreciate 0