BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-12-2022, 02:46 AM   #1
paul_80eighty
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13

Cyl 7 Misfire, DTM at WOT - Plugs/Coils/injectors done already

Hey guys, I’ve owned my F13 M6 for around 8 months now and love it. However I’ve run into an issue that started about a month ago.

When in 2nd gear or higher, I noticed a stutter/hesitation when doing a pull. This problem started gradually. The first time it happened I wasn’t even sure if I fully noticed it. The next time, it threw drivetrain malfunction at me. This would happen at 75% throttle or more.

For context, I’ve got aftermarket charge air coolers, Charles’s DPs, fatback exhaust and an ECU tune.

So, I changed out my plugs to NGK 97506 1-step colder gapped to 0.024. This did not fix the issue, although it was time for a plug change anyway. Then, I changed out ignition coils. This did not fix the issue either. Finally, I changed out the injectors in bank 2 (since the misfire is cyl 7). I really thought this would fix it, however it did not. I did notice a slight improvement - I had to drive a bit harder for it to throw the code again. But regardless, the issue persists. The only code being thrown is cyl 7 misfire.

I’ve tried reverting to stock tune without success. But in doing this, I noticed it took driving the car a bit harder as well to get it to throw the code - which makes me think it’s still a fuel system issue.

Idle is smooth, and driving the car normally I don’t notice anything wrong whatsoever. It could be so many things, but wanted to see if anyone has had this issue before where there’s a persistent in one cylinder only under load heavier load (1st gear pulls still rip to redline with no noticeable issues). I haven’t noticed any unusual smoke from the exhaust or any unusual smells either.

Thank you for any input!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2022, 12:48 PM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
After the new injectors were installed was the calibration info updated on the DME? Could possibly be HPFP or LPFP. Hit the F10 M5 Engine forum and search on there for misfires, a treasure trove of info on misfire troubleshooting.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vision, CCB, RKAutowerks Forged Rods/Pistons & E85 DI Exhaust Cams,Carbon Fiber CAI & Billet Diff Brace, Infinity Design CF Turbo Inlets, Swaintech Coated DPs, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3 Flash, Bootmod3
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2022, 09:01 PM   #3
M6Roar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M6GC

lower the gap in that cylinder to 0.022 and see if it helps
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 09:06 PM   #4
AbedChaar
Registered
Rep