nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Back to the topic. I went to the eye doctor today. I hate to say it, but I'm having a hard time driving in the dark. I have multi-focal contacts and if I adjust the distance, the close up suffers or visa versa. So, I'm going to try driving glasses with glare resistant lenses. I'm OK during the day, but the dark is tough. When did this happen to me? Getting old sucks.

And why can't NY and NJ use that highly reflective paint on the roads that FL uses? I don't care how dark or rainy it is in FL, you can always clearly see the road markings.
i know the feeling, i have a bad right eye.
Several retina detachment surgeries and i wear glasses.
I never tried contact lenses.

+1 on reflective lanes
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 06:58 AM   #2314
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I was just in looking at Lasix and they told me about lens replacement. 12g vs 5 but you never get cataracts and don't need monovision correction since new lens stays flexible

Hoping Second Chance lottery entries (15k) comes thru soon!!!
The thought of someone screwing with my eyes freaks me out.
      10-10-2019, 06:59 AM   #2315
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Back to the topic. I went to the eye doctor today. I hate to say it, but I'm having a hard time driving in the dark. I have multi-focal contacts and if I adjust the distance, the close up suffers or visa versa. So, I'm going to try driving glasses with glare resistant lenses. I'm OK during the day, but the dark is tough. When did this happen to me? Getting old sucks.

And why can't NY and NJ use that highly reflective paint on the roads that FL uses? I don't care how dark or rainy it is in FL, you can always clearly see the road markings.
I'm not old yet, but my eyes have been getting more sensitive to the headlights from oncoming cars. My doctor told me that blue eyes are more sensitive to light, but I think it is also a combination of that and car headlights getting brighter. Seems every morning on my commute in when it is dark out some guy in a pickup with HIDs will completely blind me coming over a hill.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 08:36 AM   #2316
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Quote:
I was just in looking at Lasix and they told me about lens replacement. 12g vs 5 but you never get cataracts and don't need monovision correction since new lens stays flexible

My eye dr quit even trying to put my contacts in decades ago and just puts them on my finger now. *I* have no problem and can touch my eyeball without a blink. Anyone else gets within a few inches and I'm all aflutter
      10-10-2019, 01:20 PM   #2317
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I'm not old yet, but my eyes have been getting more sensitive to the headlights from oncoming cars. My doctor told me that blue eyes are more sensitive to light, but I think it is also a combination of that and car headlights getting brighter. Seems every morning on my commute in when it is dark out some guy in a pickup with HIDs will completely blind me coming over a hill.
oh that's a getting old thing? yikes
i hate driving at night because this country, even though they discovered electricity and invented lightbulbs, don't know how to install lights on roads. those would be great in terms of lighting the environment up so people don't get blinded.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 02:04 PM   #2318
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
That was me 4 months ago when I had to have cataract surgery. Eyeballs and scalpels do not mix and I was terrified. Easiest surgery I have ever had. 10 minutes and I was out the door with my friend on our way to Kerbey Lane for breakfast.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 03:00 PM   #2319
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:

I've been contemplating Lasix. I have worn contacts since the age of 16....so almost 30 years. My prescription hasn't changed in all those years.
      10-10-2019, 03:02 PM   #2320
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I've never worn glasses and eyes failing a bit. Only wear glasses now to watch tv sometimes drive but would consider surgery
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 03:28 PM   #2321
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
CONFESSION:

I just received an offer for a new position, moving from management into executive spot at a new company that is consumer products versus mining - so much more stable company.

Offer letter was within range I was willing to accept. I countered with a slightly higher amount and have not heard back with a response in about 24 hours.

I know I am probably stressing over nothing, but this was a big promotion so now I am completely freaking out that I may have botched it with the salary negotiation request.

Someone help talk me down from my panic attack!
      10-10-2019, 03:34 PM   #2322
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
CONFESSION:

I just received an offer for a new position, moving from management into executive spot at a new company that is consumer products versus mining - so much more stable company.

Offer letter was within range I was willing to accept. I countered with a slightly higher amount and have not heard back with a response in about 24 hours.

I know I am probably stressing over nothing, but this was a big promotion so now I am completely freaking out that I may have botched it with the salary negotiation request.

Dude. I already told them u were cool and they bumped the original idea, but you had to counter even higher
      10-10-2019, 03:36 PM   #2323
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Dude. I already told them u were cool and they bumped the original idea, but you had to counter even higher
You're not helping....

10-10-2019, 03:38 PM   #2324
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You're not helping....

Out loud. Good thing I'm in a police car working
      10-10-2019, 03:40 PM   #2325
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
CONFESSION:

They were expecting it, stop worrying. I of course assume you were polite and made a case for your request. If so, they're just kicking it around, and I bet you won't hear much for 72 hours. If they don't get back to you in 72 hours, then I might start to worry a little.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00
      10-10-2019, 03:43 PM   #2326
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
CONFESSION:

Don't sweat it. If it's meant to be....it will work out. There is nothing wrong with you making a counter offer.....I just think it shows confidence on your part.

I think they would feel the same way. And worst thing that I could see happening is that they tell you that what they offered is considered fair on their part.

They have to realize you are also putting yourself out there at a certain risk, and they should respect that.
cmyx6go15561.50
      10-10-2019, 03:44 PM   #2327
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
CONFESSION:

I would say relax, unless you were being a pig with your counter. No one is going to jump and accept the counter immediately. They will discuss internally and get back to you in a few.
King Rudi13152.00
      10-10-2019, 03:45 PM   #2328
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
I miss Joekerr busting my chops. Where did he go?
      10-10-2019, 03:45 PM   #2329
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

xanax?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 03:46 PM   #2330
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You're not helping....

In a past thread....I detailed my situation. But I was at a point where I didn't care anymore. They came through, but my boss still had to make it look like a win in the company's favor!
      10-10-2019, 04:12 PM   #2331
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
CONFESSION:

You have nothing to worry about. All part of the game. You know how this game is played. They expected you to counter offer if they realize you are worth your salt, and they do, otherwise the offer would not have made to begin with. You know, just as well as I do, that even if they already know the position is yours, they're going to make you sweat it out for a few days. Congrats on the new position.
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15561.50
Rmtt8206.00
      10-10-2019, 04:19 PM   #2332
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Done - they responded.

My counter was that since my current employer covers my health insurance premiums, and that would go away - that they increase my base salary by a commensurate amount.

They countered with no change in base salary but increased my annual bonus by 2.5%, which was comparable.

I signed and accepted the offer. Now I have to go tell my current employer - who is going to completely loose their shit.

New position is VP of Finance for a $29bil consumer products company. I'm stoked. Feel pretty good considering I am only 42.
kscarrol8775.50
Rmtt8206.00
ASAP10051.00
Dang3r12503.00
King Rudi13152.00