BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

Yesterday, 07:10 PM   #1
Ralph III
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Bleeding Coolant System, help please?

Hello All,

Does anyone know the proper procedure for bleeding the coolant system on a N63TU engine (2018 650i)? There are various videos with nothing definitive.

On my 07' 530xi you basically did the following.

1. Ignition on (no start)

2. Heat all the way up

3. Fan all the way down

4. Press gas petal for 10 - 15 seconds.

It's basically the same procedure on some of the videos I've watched with the following differences.

*One says to turn the headlights on, set everything, turn ignition off, press gas petal down, turn ignition back on; hold gas petal down for 15 seconds. Leave door open with seat belt engaged.

*One says to just set everything but that it's not necessary to press down the gas petal.

I drained the coolant from the bottom of the radiator as I wanted to add some fresh. I realize this doesn't drain the entire system but I'll probably perform the procedure again in a few months.

Lastly, how do you drain the coolant from the turbo charger system? Otherwise, the bleeding process is supposed to bleed both systems.

Thanks,

Ralph
Appreciate 0