BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

12-01-2020, 06:27 PM   #1
phan
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 35d, M5 SC'd, M6GC

Rear Door Panel Removal (electric shades equipped)

I've done some searching and while I've come across a few sources, it seems as though removing door panels on a GC with rear electric shades in the doors can be tricky and/or easy to mess up.

Is it as bad as I've read or am I being scared for no reason? Would appreciate any/all help, just need to replace the rear door speakers/tweeters as everything else has been done.

TIA!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 10:11 PM   #2
Msparta
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan View Post
I've done some searching and while I've come across a few sources, it seems as though removing door panels on a GC with rear electric shades in the doors can be tricky and/or easy to mess up.

Is it as bad as I've read or am I being scared for no reason? Would appreciate any/all help, just need to replace the rear door speakers/tweeters as everything else has been done.

TIA!
Lmao! I am about to do this exact same thing - I'm replacing door trim and also have shade equipped doors for the rears! I have another thread on here so if you find any videos or step by step guides do ping.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 12:49 AM   #3
Msparta
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

I found this thread posted elsewhere re: panel removal - specifically with a section on the sunshade equipped rear doors and what to do to get it removed without damage.

Also some pics on that thread worth checking out:

https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/f...cs-yet.715734/

If you do get started - document and share pics and steps - maybe you get to it before I do mine.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 08:45 AM   #4
phan
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 35d, M5 SC'd, M6GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msparta View Post
If you do get started - document and share pics and steps - maybe you get to it before I do mine.
Sure thing, if I can find the time this weekend I'll give it a go.
Appreciate 0