BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-15-2023, 07:19 AM   #8295
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Will do, we love to run up there and see who is out and about when the weather gets nice, often on Sundays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFatDoom View Post
Come for the Tinder stories, stay for the budding bromance here
Dont blow my game!
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2023, 07:21 AM   #8296
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

So on the original topic, we did have a good valentines date night (not really valentines, just rode the bike to a brewery and dinner) but looks like we are back on track.
Appreciate 2
Soul_Glo13373.50
      02-15-2023, 12:00 PM   #8297
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
So on the original topic, we did have a good valentines date night (not really valentines, just rode the bike to a brewery and dinner) but looks like we are back on track.
Glad to hear. It's always tricky balancing the fact that no one is perfect with setting and enforcing boundaries for yourself. It's definitely more of an art than a science.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 12:40 PM   #8298
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

It helps she acknowledged she basically withdrew and agreed it made the situation worse.

We really get along but I kind of have the feeling we might end up being more of a drinking/riding buddy. We get along and have a blast when hanging out but seems a bit too timid/introverted for me long term. I have a strong personality and I kind of need the same.

Might give it a couple more weeks before having the discussion, she could still be someone to hang out with if she is game.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 02:48 PM   #8299
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
It helps she acknowledged she basically withdrew and agreed it made the situation worse.

We really get along but I kind of have the feeling we might end up being more of a drinking/riding buddy. We get along and have a blast when hanging out but seems a bit too timid/introverted for me long term. I have a strong personality and I kind of need the same.

Might give it a couple more weeks before having the discussion, she could still be someone to hang out with if she is game.
Does that actually work lol... bcuz i've never seen that work.
      02-15-2023, 03:51 PM   #8300
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
LOL yeah Im not expecting to but we shall see, obviously it would be a no go if I ended up with someone else though as I doubt they would want her around.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 01:36 PM   #8301
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Yeah so that one fizzled, she was back into the push/pull stuff (not a shocker after hearing about the family history) so I got bored and bailed. Also the weirdness about a female acquaintance of mine made me worried about trust issues.

Multiple dates since and its been, umm, interesting. Zero catfishes so far, I think Im just more critical of profiles and pics and easily spot the obvious photoshop (or the fact that one of a 38 year old womans pics has "25" balloons behind her at what obviously looks like her birthday party.

Everyone looks like their pics but Im wondering if there is a woman out there in her late 30s/early 40s without some sort of unresolved trauma. Had a few of those and you could tell off the bat as they would get super clingy from the get.

Probably one of the oddest ones was a wannabe sugar momma. You could tell she got divorced for the childhood friend but got the farm (guess they were heavy hitters, massive house and 8k/mo in alimony) and was looking for a revenge relationship. When I was younger I probably would have gone for it but you could tell it would be short lived and volatile.

The interesting thing is they have all been successful women. Either business owners, dynamic careers, badass hobbies, etc. But then the trauma comes up. Oh well, guess that is why they are single.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 01:38 PM   #8302
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
She actually hit me up when she was out like "Hey, is that your bike" when at trendy areas where I'd likely be hanging out (and her too, similar tastes).
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 02:21 PM   #8303
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
But then the trauma comes up. Oh well, guess that is why they are single.
Be interesting to hear what the women say about the single men. I'm sure they say basically the exact same thing "Oh well, that's why he's single"...it's just the "why" I'm curious about. I'm certain its on both ends though.

Dating just sounds like a complete clown show these days. Am so glad to be married.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 03:06 PM   #8304
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Broad ruule of thumb, women are worried the man is a potential loser and men are worried they woman is crazy. You can see it playing out here in this thread.
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13373.50
      02-21-2023, 03:29 PM   #8305
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post
Be interesting to hear what the women say about the single men. I'm sure they say basically the exact same thing "Oh well, that's why he's single"...it's just the "why" I'm curious about. I'm certain its on both ends though.

Dating just sounds like a complete clown show these days. Am so glad to be married.
Yeah I don't know. Im guessing the narrative is I ghosted them but I did state I was no longer pursuing any form of relationship and why.

As far as "why they are single" some were somewhat new to Atlanta (at least within the past two years, etc.) And, of course, divorce.

Ive got another one tentatively for tomorrow evening, again she seems cool and grounded in chat. She has lived here for years but splits time between ATL and NYC. So we shall see what sort of trauma she is running from.

Maybe I should do an experiment and go for the younger ones with the vapid ass profiles and compare...
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 03:38 PM   #8306
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Maybe I should do an experiment and go for the younger ones with the vapid ass profiles and compare...
Do it! Leonardo DiCaprio could benefit from a little competition for that age pool. And you two are roughly the same age...hey, look at that, has to be a new nickname for you somewhere in all this if you go after that age group...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 12:15 AM   #8307
m3rcliess
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3 6MT

Quote:

The dating world is in shambles on both sides. I was single for 5 years before getting into the relationship I'm in now and I think the biggest "theme" I experienced was just overall lack of commitment. Everything was too casual - could be "dating" for months but never fully committed to me. I don't know if that was a me thing or a men thing. I've been told I'm intimidating by more than one past situationship 🤷🏼‍♀️ Also, funny enough I have been catfished by men more than once 😂
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 09:23 AM   #8308
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
Do it! Leonardo DiCaprio could benefit from a little competition for that age pool. And you two are roughly the same age...hey, look at that, has to be a new nickname for you somewhere in all this if you go after that age group...
I dont own a yacht though. I think it would be easier if your ONLY criteria is they look good on the bow topless in the med.

Right now Im split between a sex positive woman and one that seems like she would be a good drinking buddy. Might just enjoy this black hole for a bit and reboot later.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2023, 12:22 AM   #8309
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Welp guys and gals, went out with 3 different babes in the past 6 weeks and have been rejected by all of them. All went to two dates, all involved varying degrees of kissing/making out. Two texted citing lack of chemistry and one didn't even have the decency to text back and ghosted.

I keep getting kicked in the balls when I put myself back out there. Just an expensive waste of time.

Meeting up with a Milf wednesday wish me luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2023, 07:12 AM   #8310
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Its been going well for me other than the eventually turn into madness. But as far as success Id say bumble works.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2023, 07:46 AM   #8311
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Welp guys and gals, went out with 3 different babes in the past 6 weeks and have been rejected by all of them. All went to two dates, all involved varying degrees of kissing/making out. Two texted citing lack of chemistry and one didn't even have the decency to text back and ghosted.

I keep getting kicked in the balls when I put myself back out there. Just an expensive waste of time.

If I may suggest, back in the day it was far harder to get together so a) one was rejected less often and b) people were likely more inclined to be less picky because ...well.... it was hard to meet people.

Every half decent looking young woman now has a date at the swipe of her finger, they're gonna get picky, don't take it personally. The wheel turns as they age and men can start picking and choosing, women have a short shelf life but when young can pick and choose, it is what it is.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9729.50
      02-28-2023, 08:21 AM   #8312
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post

dude this is simply online dating as i've stated above... the girls have TOO much choice...99% sure it's not you... they just think there is something always better out there... which is why it's best just to meet girls in real life instead

a lot of these chicks that do this will probably soon hit over 40 and be single forever...

i heard some girl say they went on 75 dates on bumble and another say they get 2-3 dates a week... i was like, umm... i think I know what the problem here may be
      02-28-2023, 10:39 AM   #8313
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
i heard some girl say they went on 75 dates on bumble and another say they get 2-3 dates a week... i was like, umm... i think I know what the problem here may be
Gonna be like throwing a frankfurt down a hallway by the time they are mid 20's with that many dates.
Appreciate 1
ASAP10193.50
      02-28-2023, 10:48 AM   #8314
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Man, yall must hang out with some trashy people.

I got another "Date" lined up but Im not a hotdog down a hallway or spending tons of money. I always meet for a beer or coffee first (or in the case of a couple I didnt get anything). I basically told anyone Ive been talking to that I need to see your face first before I commit to shit. The main one I am talking to now seems a bit different in so much as she isnt throwing herself at me from the get, I think that was the red flag I was falling for.

As far as online vs "the good ole days" I don't know if anything has really changed a ton other than the sheer volume (on both sides). Unless you were setup or had a common friend group with someone when you approached someone at a bar, restaurant, club, show, public restroom, whatever you were basically "swiping right" on them thinking "Hmm, I could fuck this person" and (if single) if they accepted they were basically "swiping right" as well. And even then men were expected to do the pursuing and the younger/more attractive people were spoiled for choice.
Appreciate 2
ASAP10193.50
UncleWede18100.00
      02-28-2023, 11:48 AM   #8315
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
dude this is simply online dating as i've stated above... the girls have TOO much choice...99% sure it's not you... they just think there is something always better out there... which is why it's best just to meet girls in real life instead

a lot of these chicks that do this will probably soon hit over 40 and be single forever...

Yup I know why this is happening but it still sucks every time. Once I met a chick who proudly stated I was the 5th guy she met that week. Immediately knew I was just being used as a credit card for an evening out.

As far as meeting women in real life. Between bars and the occasional grocery store/beach approach I've gotten many numbers over the years, but even those seldom lead to dates.
Appreciate 1
ASAP10193.50
      02-28-2023, 12:18 PM   #8316
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Man, yall must hang out with some trashy people.

I got another "Date" lined up but Im not a hotdog down a hallway or spending tons of money. I always meet for a beer or coffee first (or in the case of a couple I didnt get anything). I basically told anyone Ive been talking to that I need to see your face first before I commit to shit. The main one I am talking to now seems a bit different in so much as she isnt throwing herself at me from the get, I think that was the red flag I was falling for.

As far as online vs "the good ole days" I don't know if anything has really changed a ton other than the sheer volume (on both sides). Unless you were setup or had a common friend group with someone when you approached someone at a bar, restaurant, club, show, public restroom, whatever you were basically "swiping right" on them thinking "Hmm, I could fuck this person" and (if single) if they accepted they were basically "swiping right" as well. And even then men were expected to do the pursuing and the younger/more attractive people were spoiled for choice.
atlanta may just be a better area for normal women...

the alpha cities like nyc, la and miami are super tough