BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      04-18-2021, 12:33 PM   #111
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Notice how it’s always the Lewis haters with the excuses for his wins & recovery drives?
Can't actually call it a recovery drive when it was only made possible because of a red flag
Appreciate 5
243Racing1447.50
M5Rick58881.00
Robin_NL8679.50
      04-18-2021, 12:38 PM   #112
rcracin
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Can't actually call it a recovery drive when it was only made possible because of a red flag
Excuses
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      04-18-2021, 12:40 PM   #113
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
Excuses
Truth
Appreciate 3
M5Rick58881.00
Robin_NL8679.50
      04-18-2021, 12:49 PM   #114
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Is the cause relevant?
It was a classic recovery drive that any racer would have been proud of.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 12:54 PM   #115
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Is the cause relevant?
It was a classic recovery drive that any racer would have been proud of.
It was a great drive! I just don't like how he lucked into it.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58881.00
      04-18-2021, 02:05 PM   #116
fanatic1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 CS

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
Great race - “happy when it rains” - spot on.

Bottas/Russel incident deemed “racing incident”

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/n...imola/6333542/

The stewards wrote: “At no time did either car manoeuvre erratically. The track appeared to be not especially wet through Turn 1 but at the point of closest approach to the right hand side of the track, the right-hand side tyres of Car 63 hit an especially damp patch and the car snap yawed, bearing in mind that the car had low downforce in the rear with the DRS open.

“The Stewards conclude that the accident was a racing incident considering the conditions and take no further action.”

Looks like Russell’s right rear gets at least onto the white paint, if not grass:
Appreciate 3
yco5722.50
MKSixer34171.50
Robin_NL8679.50
      04-18-2021, 02:24 PM   #117
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Lando continues to impress. Bold and clean racing. The future will be bright for him.
MKSixer34171.50
fanatic11018.50
      04-18-2021, 02:36 PM   #118
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
Lando continues to impress. Bold and clean racing. The future will be bright for him.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNz-cdjn..._web_copy_link
MKSixer34171.50
      04-18-2021, 02:56 PM   #119
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
This may be the best season in a long time. Thankful for them messing with the low rake cars.
      04-18-2021, 03:34 PM   #120
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
I should hope so, since he's had a car that is light years better than everyone else on the grid.
The Red Bull was fastest in testing, the first race and this race. Only the one-lap prowess of Sir Lewis put it on pole and gave it fastest lap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Today says otherwise.

Did you see Lewis struggling? lol

Lewis is the 'luckiest' man in F1 since years. Today with the Red Flag....

Though I never was a real fan of Nico Rosberg, Rosberg showed what happens when you're the 'first' driver and 'Master of the UniFIAerse' now is Lewis.

But anyway.

Cheers
Robin
Nico won the Championship through Lewis having the most attrition of any Mercedes driver in 2016, not through driving action on the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Lewis was saved by Russell and Bottas

Cheers
Robin

Quote:
That was a fun race.
Verstappen drove a good race...to be fair I was expecting him to throw it off the track at some time during the race but the Red Bull has so much downforce and grip.
Hamiltons recovery drive was pretty impressive...smart also to use the DRS advantage he had from passing Lando to get fastest lap.
Good to see the Macs and the Ferrari in the mix.
Bodes well for the rest of the season.
He lost in on the restart but didn't fully lose it. Pure luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
MKSixer

Notice how it’s always the Lewis haters with the excuses for his wins & recovery drives? And excuses for Max or whoever they support when they lose?

We Lewis fans will continue to bask in our glory until any other driver wins 7 titles, 99 poles and, 96 wins.
So probably for the next 20 to 25 years?

Quote:
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 03:55 PM   #121
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
B. Is the ONLY correct statement you made!!!! I didn't quote your entire absurd post as it doesn't deserve any additional life.

Imola for example, only scHAM could crash and throw his race down the toilet. Only to be saved by a perfectly timed red flag which resulted in:
1. Free car repair - This is open to everyone and the fact that you are singling out Sir Lewis is why I believe you are biased.
2. Free un-lapping - This is open to everyone and the fact that you are singling out Sir Lewis is why I believe you are biased.
3. Gifted 2nd place - Sure. He passed 7 cars on the track. But you keep being you.

I'm 55 years old, retired and have been a F1 fan since 1985. My prior police profession has nothing to do with anything! I treated EVERONE equally then as I do now! If this is what you call equal, you may not know the definition of the word. I am of a similar age and I don't call people names. I deconstruct based on facts, not my feelings. And I've been watching F1 since I was about 10 years old. I've been to races as the guest of both Mercedes and Red Bull. I know and communicate with a couple of TPs on a regular basis. I could go down a list of people I actually know and have broken bread with in F1 but you keep being you.

I've stated many reasons I don't like scHAM. NONE of them have ANYTHING to do with race! Then why did you call him the ridiculous names you did and don't do that for other drivers?

So, you be better!!! Stop being overly sensitive to criticism of your driver. Also stop with the false assumptions and insinuations. You don't know me!!! Your writing demonstrates who you are.

As far as Sir Hamilton, Sir Elton or Sir anybody goes I don't care who the Queen calls Sir. I only mention Elton John because I actually like him!

I'm an American. The royals mean absolutely nothing to me!
It's polite to call people by their actual titles.
All in blue.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
Steeler2422.00
      04-18-2021, 04:45 PM   #122
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic1 View Post
Great race - “happy when it rains” - spot on.

Bottas/Russel incident deemed “racing incident”

The stewards wrote: “At no time did either car manoeuvre erratically. The track appeared to be not especially wet through Turn 1 but at the point of closest approach to the right hand side of the track, the right-hand side tyres of Car 63 hit an especially damp patch and the car snap yawed, bearing in mind that the car had low downforce in the rear with the DRS open.

“The Stewards conclude that the accident was a racing incident considering the conditions and take no further action.”
I'm guessing if the cars were reversed, Russell would've been penalized though. Valterri definitely moved over to the right to get back on the racing line. Russell had no choice but to move/flinch right at that speed. The worst part of the collision aside from Williams having a decent race blown apart, was the red flag that put all lapped traffic back in line with the top 8 drivers.
Appreciate 1
fanatic11018.50
      04-18-2021, 04:47 PM   #123
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
All in blue.
Whatever, Leave me alone & add me to your ignore list!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Killed by Death; 04-18-2021 at 05:18 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2021, 05:01 PM   #124
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
I'm guessing if the cars were reversed, Russell would've been penalized though. Valterri definitely moved over to the right to get back on the racing line. Russell had no choice but to move/flinch right at that speed. The worst part of the collision aside from Williams having a decent race blown apart, was the red flag that put all lapped traffic back in line with the top 8 drivers.
I thought it was a racing incident...and Russell let himself down with his tantrum at Bottas.
The red flag was unavoidable...and surely a safety car would have reshuffled the pack to exactly the way it was for the restart?
True...Hamilton (and Perez?) really lucked in with the timing of the red flag but it made for a fun sprint to the chequered flag.
Not sure if the saturday sprint race idea for later this year is going to work as well though.
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2021, 05:12 PM   #125
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
I thought it was a racing incident...and Russell let himself down with his tantrum at Bottas.
The red flag was unavoidable...and surely a safety car would have reshuffled the pack to exactly the way it was for the restart?
True...Hamilton (and Perez?) really lucked in with the timing of the red flag but it made for a fun sprint to the chequered flag.
Not sure if the saturday sprint race idea for later this year is going to work as well though.
Agreed it was a raining incident which was unavoidable after the initial move. I have little doubt it was a blocking effort though, but it is was it is. Russell was definitely emotional over it and there was little doubt in mind that given his walking pace to Bottas' car, he was on a mission to give him a piece of his mind. I can also appreciate Bottas giving him the middle finger given the crash had just happened, but I believe Bottas knows he's at fault here and will never admit it.

Truth be told I was excited to have a Williams pass a Mercedes, but replace Williams with team/car X and I'm still happy. :

I'm excited to see Lando drive this season. His performance compared to Riccardo is quite impressive. A

lso Ferrari's return to the upper mid pack seems to be realistic although they don't seem to have the race pace to hold it.

All in all we can only hope for a season that isn't over half way in overly dominated by one team, again. Although my instinct tells me it's the same as Brawn GP and they're developing next years car to leap frog the field once again...
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2021, 07:19 PM   #126
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Great race, seemed like Max was the only driver who didn't put a foot wrong.

Hamilton, while being one of the best if not the best ever, is unquestionably the LUCKIEST driver of all time. Outside of that pitlane incident in China years ago, the guy's luck is just absolutely astounding. I mean, you almost have to wonder if he's made a deal with somebody in the nether realm for the way his luck runs. No way he should have taken 2nd today, but through yet another bolt of lighting luck there he is. When you combine being great AND being lucky I don't know how the hell you can lose.
Appreciate 7
      04-18-2021, 08:30 PM   #127
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Great race, seemed like Max was the only driver who didn't put a foot wrong.

Hamilton, while being one of the best if not the best ever, is unquestionably the LUCKIEST driver of all time. Outside of that pitlane incident in China years ago, the guy's luck is just absolutely astounding. I mean, you almost have to wonder if he's made a deal with somebody in the nether realm for the way his luck runs. No way he should have taken 2nd today, but through yet another bolt of lighting luck there he is. When you combine being great AND being lucky I don't know how the hell you can lose.
He certainly was lucky today. If we didn't have a red flag and restart, I'm positive he doesn't finish 2nd. He spent what seemed like an eternity trying to back out of the gravel near the wall on I believe was Tamburello. Then he had to pit to replace front wing because he thought he could turn his car around, which I could not stop laughing when he crushed his wing against the wall haha. So after aaaallll that time wasted, he still manages to finish 2nd? Red flag and restart, absolute dumb luck for him today at Imola.
Appreciate 3
      04-18-2021, 08:33 PM   #128
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

My name and reputation has been smeared in some threads recently. Just so you guys & gals know where I'm coming from in the future I put together a little list.

Favorite Driver: Kimi, LEC is next upon #7 retirement

Favorite Team: Ferrari

Least Favorite Team: MB, never owned one never will, I'm a BMW guy.

I Like: ALO, NOR, SAI, RIC, GAS, VER, TSUN, RUS & MSC of course

I don’t like: VET, Mazespin, Stroll, Osama Binotto & scHAM

Indifferent: BOTTA$$, PER, OCON, GIO, LAT

Favorite Team Principals: Steiner, Wolff & Horner

Honorable Mention: Albon & GRO

Love Netflix “Drive to Survive” and the awesome insight!

Now you can see the motivation behind my posts. Interpret them how you wish but personal attacks, not cool!

Peace Out
Attached Images

Last edited by Killed by Death; 04-19-2021 at 08:25 PM..
Appreciate 2
      04-18-2021, 09:32 PM   #129
atopa2002
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3M, 2013 e92 M3, F15 X5

Quote:
My name and reputation has been smeared in some threads recently. Just so you guys & gals know where I'm coming from in the future I put together a little list.

Favorite Driver: Kimi, LEC is next upon #7 retirement

Favorite Team: Ferrari

Least Favorite Team: MB, never owned one never will, I'm a BMW guy.

I Like: ALO, NOR, SAI, RIC, GAS, VER, TSUN, RUS & MSC of course

I don’t like: VET, Mazespin, Stroll, Osama Binotto & scHAM

Indifferent: BOT, PER, OCON, GIO, LAT

Favorite Team Principals: Steiner, Wolff & Horner

Honorable Mention: Albon & GRO

Love Netflix “Drive to Survive” and the awesome insight!

Now you can see the motivation behind my posts. Interpret them how you wish but personal attacks, not cool!

Peace Out
why use scHam instead of his real short name Ham as you used for all the drivers ? your bias/feeling towards him just showed through.
Appreciate 2
racerbruce3848.50
Steeler2422.00
      04-18-2021, 10:47 PM   #130
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atopa2002 View Post

why use scHam instead of his real short name Ham as you used for all the drivers ? your bias/feeling towards him just showed through.
To be fair, his fav team is Ferrari and he gave Binotto a interesting first name lol
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2021, 10:55 PM   #131
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Y’all act like I’ve killed your kitten when you find out someone dislikes ham. Then out of the same mouth, just the other side, you belittle max and trash him as though he gathered a litter of kittens and killed them. Shits wild.

Happy for my boy Lando. Been his fan from the jump. Sad for my boy Ric though, it’s got to be tough giving way to team orders and seeing it was the right move. I hope he isn’t discouraged.

Same for Vet. Each day that he’s in seat I struggle more and more to think he’s still got it. An early retirement didn’t help my waning hope.
Appreciate 2
      04-19-2021, 12:39 AM   #132
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Bottas quite literally blocking Russell from the Merc seat. He is coming Valtteri.

Russell would not have been puttering around in 9th the entire race in that Merc seat. Russell was pressuring him in a f*cking Williams.

Should have made the move in the off season Merc, shame on you.
Appreciate 2
NickyC17346.00