BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-19-2019, 05:48 PM   #1
CLQ6073
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW f13

First post in bimmer!

My car: 2012 650i xdrive
Wheel: 20'

Old tire: Dunlop run flat
New tire: Michelin Pilot sports AS3+

Consideration when choosing tire:
Overall performance
Comfort
Not changing tires twice a year
Wear and tear

Driving habit:
Never done anything crazy

I recently switched to Michelin Pilot Sports AS 3+ from the Dunlop run flat, which was recommended from my local dealership time to time. It was the best thing I've done to my car! Better than Bavsound upgrade that cost me more than 2k.

I'm a newbie to tires and I spent long time researching on what tire I should choose for my car, and mainly between Michelin PS4S and AS3+. I live in Seattle so I don't need real winter tire and for the couple of days that snows, I drive my finance's suv. I finally decided on the AS3+ since there will be 1-2 months that the temperature can get below 45 degrees.

If you are in the same situation as I was - looking for better tire, I would highly recommend AS3+ and you won't be disappointed. I felt immediate improvement on noise level, riding comfort and cruising smoothness. I'm also getting better fuel consumption for some reason. I didn't feel the steering become light as mentioned in couple different posts.

Again, I believe PS4S are better performance tires but if you have the same considerations that I had, AS3+ is will satisfy the needs and 110% worth the money.
Appreciate 0