BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

01-15-2024, 06:51 PM   #1
Markusallan
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 650xi, Porsche 986

Exclamation Trying to resolve the Christmas tree warning lights. 4x4, DSC,Brake,Parking errors

Hi all...
I am working through these codes and have replaced the speed sensors and ran ISTA that says that it looks like the VTG control Unit that needed to be replaced on my 2012 BMW 650xi.
When I went to the dealer they said that the transfer case needed to be replaced at 7500 bucks. But the test plan on ISTA says that the codes are not stored on the Case and not to replace it...
I bought a used VTG control unit online and installed it. I cant seem to figure out how to encode it to the car?
I have ISTA D and ISTA P but the D version says that the programming directory is not working and not sure I need P to encode the control unit?
I have a ENET cable and wondering if anyone with experience doing this is willing to help. I have not had a job in two years and need to find a way to resolve this without spending almost 8k...LOL.
If is not the VTG I found a rebuilt transfer case online cheap and will replace that next..
Thanks for anyhelp you can offer!!
Appreciate 0