BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

07-07-2020, 08:26 PM   #1
wwwfixr
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Which rear diffusser for my 2017 F06 650i Gran Coupe with Corsa or Soul exhaust?

I have a 2017 F06 650 GC and want to get either Corsa exhaust or Soul performance exhaust but I don't see any for the 650, just the M6.

I've seen that the Corsa or Soul exhaust for the M6 doesn't fit the stock diffusser for the 650 but will fit if you change the diffusser for the M6.

Does the stock M6 diffusser (or any diffusser for the M6) fit the 650?

Lastly, if I just do a muffler delete and say forget the fitment issues, will that cause a check engine light to pop on?

Thanks in advance!!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 08:33 PM   #2
doggboy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

If you have the Msport option the M6 rear diffuser is a direct fit. You can get carbon one piece diffusers from ebay or alibaba for around $350 , but fitment isnt perfect and they need to be urethaned to the bumper. I bought a one piece polypropylene version that fit ok, still took some effort to make it fit, and i needed to be painted.

If i were to do it again I would get the factory painted M6 piece (can be found new for under $200) and then add the carbon center diffuser (many to chose from).

A muffler delete will not cause any issues with the vehicle, with the possible exception of it being too loud.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 08:46 PM   #3
wwwfixr
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggboy View Post
If you have the Msport option the M6 rear diffuser is a direct fit. You can get carbon one piece diffusers from ebay or alibaba for around $350 , but fitment isnt perfect and they need to be urethaned to the bumper. I bought a one piece polypropylene version that fit ok, still took some effort to make it fit, and i needed to be painted.

If i were to do it again I would get the factory painted M6 piece (can be found new for under $200) and then add the carbon center diffuser (many to chose from).

A muffler delete will not cause any issues with the vehicle, with the possible exception of it being too loud.
I do have the Msport option, so that's great news because I'm finding diffusser everywhere for the M6. Yeah, I'd definitely want it gloss black as that's what I have for all my accent pieces (ie wheels), so I can just get one and get it painted.

Also, good info on the muffler delete, I may just do a muffler delete and then if they're too loud, order the exhaust. Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it!!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 08:50 PM   #4
AccordTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i XDrive Gran Coupe M

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggboy View Post

Huh? The m6 carbon diffuser DOES NOT fit directly on to the msport 650i. The center is completely different. If you want the factory m6 carbon diffuser you will need to order the surrounding piece from bmw. Other opinion is to buy an aftermarket 650i msport diffuser. I have the 2 piece like the m6.

Edit. Sorry I see you explained it later on. Sorry about that. Just want the guy to realize the m6 carbon center does not fit directly.
Attached Images

Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
Powder Coated 373m Triple Bronze
CPG intakes
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Custom Snow Performance methanol injection
Custom exhaust, straight pipes to quad tips
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps
xHP Stage 3
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 10:16 PM   #5
wwwfixr
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordTR View Post
Huh? The m6 carbon diffuser DOES NOT fit directly on to the msport 650i. The center is completely different. If you want the factory m6 carbon diffuser you will need to order the surrounding piece from bmw. Other opinion is to buy an aftermarket 650i msport diffuser. I have the 2 piece like the m6.

Edit. Sorry I see you explained it later on. Sorry about that. Just want the guy to realize the m6 carbon center does not fit directly.
Thank you for this info! I like your diffusser, would you happen to have a link so that I can see what product it is?

Thanks again and I appreciate you looking out for me. This has been a very helpful thread already. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 10:38 PM   #6
jackliu0527
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 650iXdrive GC

This is what I'm rocking!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 05:28 AM   #7
wwwfixr
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackliu0527 View Post
This is what I'm rocking!!!
What diffusser (link?), tips, and mufflers (or deletes) are at play here?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 08:14 AM   #8
jackliu0527
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 650iXdrive GC

i got the diffuser from ebmotor, and that is an M5 competition muffler on it, more info at this link

https://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1670903
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 03:01 PM   #9
wwwfixr
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackliu0527 View Post
i got the diffuser from ebmotor, and that is an M5 competition muffler on it, more info at this link

https://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1670903
Thanks for the info!!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 05:50 PM   #10
wwwfixr
Rep

Quote:

Where did you get your 2 piece? Do you possibly have a link or the name of the diffuser? I can't seem to find any 2 piece diffusers.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 07:13 PM   #11
AccordTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwfixr View Post
Quote:

Where did you get your 2 piece? Do you possibly have a link or the name of the diffuser? I can't seem to find any 2 piece diffusers.
Yeah I'll find it tonight and post back for you.
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
CPG intakes
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps
xHP Stage 3
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 10:03 PM   #12
AccordTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwfixr View Post
Quote:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/122001828863
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
CPG intakes
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps