BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      09-08-2020, 12:34 PM   #1
FastNotCrazy
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F06 M6

BMW Damaged My M6

Hey friends,

My local BMW damaged my M6's wrap and Cf splitter. Claimed it before I left but now everyone's dodging. Has anyone gone through something similar and had a good result?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 02:38 PM   #2
KauvSTi
Rep
Drives: M6, M8 Comp, S63, 720S, F8

Unfortunately I had experienced with my local dealer back in 2015. They cracked my new vorsteiner front lip and cracked my front bumper. Went to the service advisor that claimed they will take car of everything with their shop. I asked what about my front lip he said send us the receipt. After sending them the quote from a body shop I've used in the past and the receipt I did not hear from anyone! 3 weeks go by and I head to the dealer and they kept giving me a run around.

As frustrated as I was and no longer wanted to wait I paid for everything out of pocket. I have a lawyer we use for contracts and business so I spoke with him and gave him all the documents and receipts and just recently settled.

Long Story short, get everything in writing that they said they will repair it, give it to a lawyer and let them deal with the headache.

DME Stage III, Catless Downpipes, SSP Basket & Clutches, 3.5" Custom Intakes & Eisenmann Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 05:32 PM   #3
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

A cheaper option is to let everyone on the internet know who the dealer and service manager are. Cost them some business. One lost customer is a few thousand right there. Also, file a police report. Might be able to charge someone with criminal vandalism.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 10:28 AM   #4
KauvSTi
Rep
Drives: M6, M8 Comp, S63, 720S, F8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
A cheaper option is to let everyone on the internet know who the dealer and service manager are. Cost them some business. One lost customer is a few thousand right there. Also, file a police report. Might be able to charge someone with criminal vandalism.
They wont care, my service manager simply told me "we are not hurting for business"

DME Stage III, Catless Downpipes, SSP Basket & Clutches, 3.5" Custom Intakes & Eisenmann Race Exhaust
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2020, 11:00 AM   #5
NytWolf
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10, 2015 F30, 2008 E60

Not with BMW but with my wife's Lexus and the local Lexus service center. I tried the SA, then the GM, to no avail. I simply filed a complaint with Lexus of NA. After a couple days, the GM called me that he had his parts guy order a new part and will let us know when the vehicle is ready. If that didn't work, my next step would have been to go to the BBB.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 07:47 AM   #6
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by KauvSTi View Post
They wont care, my service manager simply told me "we are not hurting for business"
Wow. Pricks or sure. File a police report for criminal damage. Maybe it will get their attention. And call your bluff... let everyone know exactly who the dealership was and the people who caused the damage.
Appreciate 0