BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

View Poll Results: Which Tuner is the Best
Dinan 3 16.67%
Mission 4 22.22%
AC-Schnitzer 0 0%
G-Power 0 0%
Turner Motorsport 0 0%
Burger Tuning 6 33.33%
Evolve 2 11.11%
Noelle 0 0%
Evotech 1 5.56%
PP-Performance 0 0%
Manhart Racing 0 0%
Kelleners Sport 0 0%
Active Autowerke 0 0%
Hamann 0 0%
VR (Vivid Racing) 0 0%
Evolution Tuning 0 0%
RaceChip USA 0 0%
ESS 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

05-06-2019, 03:59 AM   #67
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6DYS View Post
Wow!! I’m at a loss for words right now. Mission???? WTF??? Customer service is very important to all businesses today people. I’m thankful for your so valuable input. There are several members on here that I know (including myself), that will be purchasing new tuners in the very near future. Many of which, are/were leaning towards the Mission Tuner. But, by what you have just stated, I’m sure it has and will influence our decision to purchase the Mission Tuner. Sorry for your troubles!

I am totally alarmed at the numbers that you are getting from Mission Tuner, for a stage 2 tuner. Just 40 hp gain is nonsense!! I know M6 owners that have absolutely no mods and are able to get that much hp gain from race-fuel alone. I have tried E85 on my wife’s M4 and got 43 hp gains on the dyno. She didn’t want me to mess with her car, so all I have done, is experiment with fuels. So, any tuner that has very little or no gain in hp should be totally avoided. After all, our BMWs are very expensive cars and we should not want to mess them up!
exactly. 40 hp on stage 2 is garbage. people with no mods could get that easily. look, the reason i went with mission is because i read 3-4 great reviews for them. so i thought i would get great results as well. apparently not. he is blaming my model year (13) and my fuel (91)..your mileage may vary? all i wanted was a refund. and i would delete his tune from my car. he refused so i guess this review was inevitable. im still going to delete the tune when i get the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM6GC View Post
Did you get a baseline dyno of your car? Also what kind of dyno? Care to post the dyno sheet?
i did not get a baseline. he told me i dont need it , for both dyno sessions. i asked him if i should and he said no because he has tons of m6 m5 baseline dynos and mine will not be far off, so listening to his advice i did not get a baseline. driving my m6 stock it did not at all feel underpowered having driven other m6's before.

run 3 was the best figures from my first dyno session. i did like 6 runs.

8 and 9 are from the second dyno session. run 7 was like 540 hp and 550 torque so i assumed it was wheelspin or something. as you can see after i drove 2 hours to get it retuned, let him drive the car, run diagnostics, tweak the boost, this that, i lost hp and torque. i dont have time for this..

its a dynojet. its the dyno he told me to go to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airz View Post
This is pretty shocking especially given that most tuners rely on word of mouth and there reputation to stay in business. You'd expect them to be bending over backwards to help you to a)ensure you get the best experience in order to maintain their reputation and b) to make sure that they aren't overlooking something in the tune or particular software versions on your car that could ultimately impact other future customers cars.
Lets bee honest it only takes a couple of bad responses on forums to totally ruin a companies reputation in the enthusiast scene as no one wants to risk damaging their car when the market has so many alternatives for tuning.
i dont like ruining companies reputations. but when he said theres no refund i got mad. if im not happy with the software, and i want to remove it, why no refund? thats bullshit money hungry shit if you ask me. i already gave him a chance to fix it but it got worse as you can see in the dyno.
Appreciate 1
M6DYS17.50
      05-06-2019, 05:34 AM   #68
Mr. M6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 F06  [9.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx__xs View Post
exactly. 40 hp on stage 2 is garbage. people with no mods could get that easily. look, the reason i went with mission is because i read 3-4 great reviews for them. so i thought i would get great results as well. apparently not. he is blaming my model year (13) and my fuel (91)..your mileage may vary? all i wanted was a refund. and i would delete his tune from my car. he refused so i guess this review was inevitable. im still going to delete the tune when i get the chance.

i did not get a baseline. he told me i dont need it , for both dyno sessions. i asked him if i should and he said no because he has tons of m6 m5 baseline dynos and mine will not be far off, so listening to his advice i did not get a baseline. driving my m6 stock it did not at all feel underpowered having driven other m6's before.

8 and 9 are from the second dyno session. run 7 was like 540 hp and 550 torque so i assumed it was wheelspin or something. as you can see after i drove 2 hours to get it retuned, let him drive the car, run diagnostics, tweak the boost, this that, i lost hp and torque. i dont have time for this..

i dont like ruining companies reputations. but when he said theres no refund i got mad. if im not happy with the software, and i want to remove it, why no refund? thats bullshit money hungry shit if you ask me. i already gave him a chance to fix it but it got worse as you can see in the dyno.
go with BM3 you will like it 100%
good luck with your next tune
      05-06-2019, 11:37 AM   #69
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

Quote:

There is definitely something wrong with the way your car is running and I would not run it on the tune, bring it back to stock for the time being. The power lines on the dyno don't look good, should be a smooth curve. Also the bottom of the sheet is being measured in speed and should be showing RPM, your car is actually making around 10whp less due to the view settings on the sheet that is being shown. It may not be a tuning issue, there may be something wrong with your car like spark plugs, coils, fuel filter, etc. something doesn't look right and it would be a massive waste of money if you went with say DME tuning and got the same results, something is holding the car back. Mission Performance is a Tuner not a mechanic and there is a difference. When another tuner messed up the tune on my car I went to Alex and he tuned my car to perfection and it's been running stage 2 strong for over a year and no one has posted negative results from them before so I would think this is a mechanical issue more than it is a tuning issue.
Appreciate 1
DRKNTM615.50
      05-06-2019, 02:47 PM   #70
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There is definitely something wrong with the way your car is running and I would not run it on the tune, bring it back to stock for the time being. The power lines on the dyno don't look good, should be a smooth curve. Also the bottom of the sheet is being measured in speed and should be showing RPM, your car is actually making around 10whp less due to the view settings on the sheet that is being shown. It may not be a tuning issue, there may be something wrong with your car like spark plugs, coils, fuel filter, etc. something doesn't look right and it would be a massive waste of money if you went with say DME tuning and got the same results, something is holding the car back. Mission Performance is a Tuner not a mechanic and there is a difference. When another tuner messed up the tune on my car I went to Alex and he tuned my car to perfection and it's been running stage 2 strong for over a year and no one has posted negative results from them before so I would think this is a mechanical issue more than it is a tuning issue.
well SA smoothing is off and everything is uncorrected.

i recently changed my spark plugs to what alex specified. fuel filter is brand new. coils im not sure. but ya im flashing to stock. car overall feels healthy. just not the power that was advertised.

what is your stage 2 dyno like. i honestly do not expect any mechanical issue from the car. theres no codes. no symptoms of an issue. no weird noises.
Appreciate 1
M6DYS17.50
      05-06-2019, 04:15 PM   #71
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
well SA smoothing is off and everything is uncorrected.

i recently changed my spark plugs to what alex specified. fuel filter is brand new. coils im not sure. but ya im flashing to stock. car overall feels healthy. just not the power that was advertised.

what is your stage 2 dyno like. i honestly do not expect any mechanical issue from the car. theres no codes. no symptoms of an issue. no weird noises.
I have not been on a dyno with the M6. I started with the JB4, then Mission stage 1, then stage 2 and noticed an increase in power each time it was tuned. My Saleen Extreme, after rebuilding the engine and upgrading the supercharger put down 610whp on a conservative 91oct tune and was able to put the power down to the ground on 315/35/20 drag radials. On my stage 2 M6 I can tell the car is faster than the Saleen which was 800lbs lighter and I can lose traction in 1st through 2nd on the same 315/30/20 drag radials that are on my M6 currently. It's putting down well over 600whp, if a 4,200lb car cannot keep traction on 20" 315 width drag radials you know it's making power.
Appreciate 1
M6DYS17.50
      05-06-2019, 06:20 PM   #72
M6DYS
SPEED DEMON
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:

I don’t view your disclosure of your actual experience with a business as you trying to ruin that company. It’s accountability and transparency in today’s social media society. Reviews are the costs of doing business nowadays. Totally unbiased reviews are pivotal in today’s business environment. Any given company should not expect to see only the good stuff about them being stated, but everything that’s pertinent to consumers decisions making.

With that said, I hope that if Mission Tuning sees this discussion thread, they may have a change of heart and give you a refund. That, in my opinion would say a whole lot about the company. It would reassure me that this company stands behind their product(s) no matter what! I’m extremely happy to have seen your review of Mission Tuning in the time that you did it. I had received my tax refund and was in the process of pulling the trigger for a new tuner. And Mission was the way that I had planned to go. There’s no guessing now, as to whether I’m going to buy their tuner for my M6
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 02:41 AM   #73
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have not been on a dyno with the M6. I started with the JB4, then Mission stage 1, then stage 2 and noticed an increase in power each time it was tuned. My Saleen Extreme, after rebuilding the engine and upgrading the supercharger put down 610whp on a conservative 91oct tune and was able to put the power down to the ground on 315/35/20 drag radials. On my stage 2 M6 I can tell the car is faster than the Saleen which was 800lbs lighter and I can lose traction in 1st through 2nd on the same 315/30/20 drag radials that are on my M6 currently. It's putting down well over 600whp, if a 4,200lb car cannot keep traction on 20" 315 width drag radials you know it's making power.
i think you should get a dyno
Appreciate 1
M6DYS17.50
      05-07-2019, 11:35 AM   #74
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:

Those stage 2 mission tuning numbers are definitely off. On their website they a have dyno'd m5 on 91 + axel back running 557whp (very strong, probably higher than most stock). And they have a Stage 1.5 (?) on that same car running 678whp. I also checked their IG account and they show a 2013 M6 with downpipes running their 1.5 tune putting down 722WHP on 91! I'm going stage 1 here soon and will likely still give them a shot, but hopefully this matter is addressed and/or corrected here shortly for you, bud. And hopefully some guys already running their tune can chime in with their experience + dynos.
Appreciate 1
M6DYS17.50
      05-07-2019, 03:03 PM   #75
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
Those stage 2 mission tuning numbers are definitely off. On their website they a have dyno'd m5 on 91 + axel back running 557whp (very strong, probably higher than most stock). And they have a Stage 1.5 (?) on that same car running 678whp. I also checked their IG account and they show a 2013 M6 with downpipes running their 1.5 tune putting down 722WHP on 91! I'm going stage 1 here soon and will likely still give them a shot, but hopefully this matter is addressed and/or corrected here shortly for you, bud. And hopefully some guys already running their tune can chime in with their experience + dynos.
tell me about it. a 2013 m6 with downpipes 1.5 722whp. my 2013 m6 with downpipes 570whp. and im supposed to be happy?? lol.

best reason he can give me is i need better fuel.
Appreciate 1
M6DYS17.50
      05-08-2019, 09:46 AM   #76
BadSeed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M6 GC

Garage List
2015 BMW M6  [0.00]
2010 BMW M5  [10.00]
In case you haven't reviewed Evolve

https://www.6post.com/forums/showpos...4&postcount=31

- The only tuning company I've ever used so I can't compare to other tuners.
- Great results for my E60 M5 & F06 M6, no regrets other than frequent visits to the gas station which happens to be $4.50 /gal on 91oct.
- Excellent customer support & performance products
- Flash your tune with your computer. Unfortunately, no handheld flasher option
- Can't say they produce the highest Dyno numbers since not all Dynos are created equal. Some produce higher numbers than others, same goes for stock vehicles
What I can say is that they are highly concerned about the longevity of their customer vehicles.
Ex: setting the torque to 700+ on Stage 1 is easy. Set that on a stock clutch, & you'll be replacing it much sooner than expected. Similar rule applies to HP.
      05-08-2019, 10:15 AM   #77
M6DYS
SPEED DEMON
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSeed View Post
In case you haven't reviewed Evolve

https://www.6post.com/forums/showpos...4&postcount=31

- The only tuning company I've ever used so I can't compare to other tuners.
- Great results for my E60 M5 & F06 M6, no regrets other than frequent visits to the gas station which happens to be $4.50 /gal on 91oct.
- Excellent customer support & performance products
- Flash your tune with your computer. Unfortunately, no handheld flasher option
- Can't say they produce the highest Dyno numbers since not all Dynos are created equal. Some produce higher numbers than others, same goes for stock vehicles
What I can say is that they are highly concerned about the longevity of their customer vehicles.
Ex: setting the torque to 700+ on Stage 1 is easy. Set that on a stock clutch, & you'll be replacing it much sooner than expected. Similar rule applies to HP.
I totally agree with you. There are many modifications and tuners available for our BMWs. The right mods have to be matched with the right tuner, in order to maintain a safe operating vehicle. These cars aren’t cheap at all. So, why would anyone want to harm their vehicle, as well as, put their life in danger??? I have always been leery of any tuner that claims significant gains in hp and torque, without requiring any additional performance parts to be added to the vehicle to offset the higher performance. From as simple as adding high performance tires, to higher octane gasoline, and or more, some type of additional modification is necessary for the optimum performance and safety of the vehicle and operators.

Thanks for your input on your experience with the Evolve Tuner.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 11:04 AM   #78
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No need, I have enough experience with cars to know roughly how much power I'm making. Plus I run other cars and pull forward on C7 Z06's, with under 650whp on this car you most definitely would not. Good luck and hopefully you get this issue sorted out with your car
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 01:36 AM   #79
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No need, I have enough experience with cars to know roughly how much power I'm making. Plus I run other cars and pull forward on C7 Z06's, with under 650whp on this car you most definitely would not. Good luck and hopefully you get this issue sorted out with your car
idk man, i dyno all my cars modded or not. curious why you're refusing to see numbers for yourself lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 09:37 AM   #80
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
idk man, i dyno all my cars modded or not. curious why you're refusing to see numbers for yourself lol.
A couple of reasons, one of them being that my butt dyno is fine tuned and the second being that I have always had bad experiences with dyno's. It puts way more wear on the car than doing runs on the street in cool weather and I take very good care of my cars. My M6 does not eat any oil, and everything is perfect with it, so why ruin a good thing? My 335 blew a turbo on the dyno, my Saleen blew the engine, etc. Like I said, if i am pulling on new modded Z06's, there's just no need.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 01:37 PM   #81
M6DYS
SPEED DEMON
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffxxx View Post
I still don't see Bootmod3 on your poll.
The poll ended on the 5th. However, I tried to add it to the poll before it ended, but it was too late to mod the poll. Sorry.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 01:13 PM   #82
Airz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Sakhir Coupe

Just as an update I have my car booked in at the local reputable dyno tomorrow for a power run. I'll post a pic of the dyno sheet up here so people can see what the stage 1 93 octane BM3 OTS map makes.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 03:24 PM   #83
MikeM6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M6GC, X5M, M3, X7, X5

Quote:
Just as an update I have my car booked in at the local reputable dyno tomorrow for a power run. I'll post a pic of the dyno sheet up here so people can see what the stage 1 93 octane BM3 OTS map makes.
Great. Looking forward to seeing the results.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 04:02 AM   #84
Londonboy
Private First Class
Rep

Following!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 06:28 AM   #85
Airz
Private
Rep

Right so I had the car dynoed this morning and unfortunately I left before checking the actual dyno sheets so I only have crank HP/torque (That's usually the figures people want in the UK).
So here is the dyno sheet for the crank HP.

So with a crank figure of 691 you're looking at about 598 at the wheels as a guestimate. The dyno operator who I've known for a long time said the tune was very clean and that I should be happy with the power and delivery... I can't argue with that given my experience driving it
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 06:34 AM   #86
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Right so I had the car dynoed this morning and unfortunately I left before checking the actual dyno sheets so I only have crank HP/torque (That's usually the figures people want in the UK).

So with a crank figure of 691 you're looking at about 598 at the wheels as a guestimate. The dyno operator who I've known for a long time said the tune was very clean and that I should be happy with the power and delivery... I can't argue with that given my experience driving it
drivetrain loss is only about 10% in these cars...so with 691 crank hp you are looking at more like 621 whp.

but this dyno gets crank and not whp? thats weird.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 06:51 AM   #87
Airz
Private
Rep

Quote:
drivetrain loss is only about 10% in these cars...so with 691 crank hp you are looking at more like 621 whp.

but this dyno gets crank and not whp? thats weird.
It does get wheel but I forgot to ask the dyno operator for the wheel graph before leaving. He gives people crank because that's what most of his customers want.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 03:12 AM   #88
Londonboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Looking good.

How was the install process for the map?
Appreciate 0