Crank the ac I'm fat make my own heat
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 05:32 PM   #2444
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I swam last night. Some guy was in the jacuzzi. He kept carrying on a conversation, but there wasn't anybody there. Like giggle, "yeah, that right, I know" giggle some more. "What about over at teh church" laugh, He kept ducking his head under water, so I don't think he had headphones. Then I went in and eventually emerged and he knew my name
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 07:13 PM   #2445
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Little vague you went in where? First gay experience?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 09:02 PM   #2446
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Stay clear of the Korean "male health spas" unless you like weeners in your butt.

If so/ then enjoy.
      07-16-2019, 09:03 PM   #2447
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Stay clear of the Korean "male health spas" unless you like weeners in your butt.

If so/ then enjoy.
Did you make that mistake?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 09:08 PM   #2448
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post

If so/ then enjoy.
Did you make that mistake?
Was about to.

Thank God for Yelp.
      07-16-2019, 11:44 PM   #2449
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Little vague you went in where? First gay experience?
Went in jacuzzi

I'm about to turn fity-3. First anything experience?? Give me a break
      07-18-2019, 10:35 PM   #2450
jos_wright
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 sedan

I'm mildly annoyed at the several people who silently decide they're going to do circuit training, so they have each of the machines set at the proper weight. Then in the middle of the circuit they're distracted by something on TV or a friend just came in, so I'm thinking, "Machine's free now" and they flash me that "How dare you use the machine I've invisibly reserved for my exclusive use while not bothering to tell anybody" look.

...like, seriously?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 10:04 AM   #2451
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I got robbed today on my main bench set. Asked for a spot and told the dude just to watch and not touch the bar. As soon as I got down to my chest, the dude panicked, grabbed, and yanked the bar up and racked it. Fuckin people.
PoorLurker1135.00
      07-19-2019, 10:08 AM   #2452
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
I got robbed today on my main bench set. Asked for a spot and told the dude just to watch and not touch the bar. As soon as I got down to my chest, the dude panicked, grabbed, and yanked the bar up and racked it. Fuckin people.
That's why I like my current training partner so much. He is heaps stronger than me, and has a twisted sense of humor. He will let something bury me...but only because he knows he can get it back off of me!
      07-19-2019, 10:12 AM   #2453
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I try to pick big people who look like they've been going to the gym for a little bit... I don't like to workout with partners. Can't always pick a good spotter though.
      07-19-2019, 10:41 AM   #2454
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I try to pick big people who look like they've been going to the gym for a little bit... I don't like to workout with partners. Can't always pick a good spotter though.
I worked out for years without a partner. I knew of this guy when he joined my gym...World / National Level Champion in his sport and it ended up he would come in at 3:30AM every morning like I did.

Asked me one day if I was interesting in training together, and I jumped at the chance just to pick his brain. That was 10+ years ago.

I found out the best way to improve was to train with someone bigger and stronger than myself....plus the guys trains with an intensity like no one I had ever seen.

Best thing I ever did...and I'm not really the social type either.
      07-19-2019, 08:05 PM   #2455
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Quote:
Oh man! I hate this the most. There are times that I will spend an extra few minutes looking for just the right person. It's weird that often times, jacked guys jump in too early even after I tell them to let me struggle.

It may be best to have a n00b looking guy who will just be like "this is a lot of weight,.... he said not to touch it... i should listen"

I always have the same saying "I don't need a lift. Let me struggle. I will tell you if I need help" Amazed that people can't comprehend that.

One guy totally touched the bar and then was like, that fourth rep was all yours.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 09:44 AM   #2456
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Last night watched some dude use the leg press machine. Loads the thing up with 5 to 6 plates on each side. Gets done and just walks away leaving the unracking of the plates on the next poor schmuck.

And the inability to count continues as some of the fools can't seem to properly place the dumb bells back on the rack in proper order.
Appreciate 2
UncleWede17872.50
Rmtt8206.00
      07-31-2019, 12:12 PM   #2457
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Last night watched some dude use the leg press machine. Loads the thing up with 5 to 6 plates on each side. Gets done and just walks away leaving the unracking of the plates on the next poor schmuck.

And the inability to count continues as some of the fools can't seem to properly place the dumb bells back on the rack in proper order.
This bugs me to know end. And being as OCD as I am, I find myself getting in just a workout un-racking weights.

And I have mentioned this before, but we have this group of 5 people that have been coming in as long as I have so early in the morning.

And it's still the same "way to much weight" and do partial reps if you can even consider the ROM they are using to be generous enough to call it that.

And Like I previously mentioned....2 of them know better. Years ago they trained properly. Now they don't car. Shrugs, curls, bench, leg press, and more with at most 6 inches of movement. I cringe every time I watch them go through their routine.

And the I hear about how...I bust my ass and still never make any progress. Well then that obviously means you are doing something wrong and if it isn't working...then change what you are doing!!

Rant over.
King Rudi13152.00
      07-31-2019, 02:00 PM   #2458
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

While I'm on here complaining, would like to get other's take on another thing that annoys me. Would any of you get annoyed if you're say working out on a bench press bench and someone just comes over and takes weights that are stored/hanging on the bench? Said person doesn't ask if I am going to use said weights. Just takes them. I also want to add with my gym, there seems to be shortages of certain size plates or they somehow end up on the other side of the gym. If a certain plate isn't at the apparatus I'm using, I suck it up and walk to a apparatus that is free with the weights I'm looking for; even if it's right next to me but someone is using that apparatus. I just think it's common courtesy which isn't so common these days.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      07-31-2019, 03:59 PM   #2459
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
While I'm on here complaining, would like to get other's take on another thing that annoys me. Would any of you get annoyed if you're say working out on a bench press bench and someone just comes over and takes weights that are stored/hanging on the bench? Said person doesn't ask if I am going to use said weights. Just takes them. I also want to add with my gym, there seems to be shortages of certain size plates or they somehow end up on the other side of the gym. If a certain plate isn't at the apparatus I'm using, I suck it up and walk to a apparatus that is free with the weights I'm looking for; even if it's right next to me but someone is using that apparatus. I just think it's common courtesy which isn't so common these days.

It annoys me. I don't like people approaching the equipment I'm currently on. I extend them that courtesy....so they can do the same thing. Especially if I'm squatting or benching, I'm typically going to be using most or all of the weight that is on the equipment.

I've had one guy grab a 45 from my bench and load just the one on a leg press. Did his set and left it.

I yelled across the room and told him if he was finished, I wanted it back as I was moving up to 3 plates on the bench. He brought it back and said something whimsical....and I replied what he was doing was a waste of time anyway.

Now he avoids me!
      07-31-2019, 05:53 PM   #2460
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
It annoys me. I don't like people approaching the equipment I'm currently on. I extend them that courtesy....so they can do the same thing. Especially if I'm squatting or benching, I'm typically going to be using most or all of the weight that is on the equipment.

I've had one guy grab a 45 from my bench and load just the one on a leg press. Did his set and left it.

I yelled across the room and told him if he was finished, I wanted it back as I was moving up to 3 plates on the bench. He brought it back and said something whimsical....and I replied what he was doing was a waste of time anyway.

Now he avoids me!
You're THAT guy that they show in all the etiquette videos my gym now shows.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      08-01-2019, 05:49 AM   #2461
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
You're THAT guy that they show in all the etiquette videos my gym now shows.
LOL

Yeah....I wouldn't dare step into a Planet Fitness.

Actually I am quite reserved and stay to myself. But sometimes people just rub you the wrong way. I would go out of my way to hep anyone that asked for it.

Maybe the etiquette videos should take notice of this thread!
      08-01-2019, 09:24 AM   #2462
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
LOL

Yeah....I wouldn't dare step into a Planet Fitness.

Actually I am quite reserved and stay to myself. But sometimes people just rub you the wrong way. I would go out of my way to hep anyone that asked for it.

Maybe the etiquette videos should take notice of this thread!
At World, they have this video on loop. Gorilla suit with WG shirt, chases people off benches, screams, slams weights, leaves weights in place. I just laugh, then SMH at teh yeahoos who can't be bothered to put their shit away. Don't leave 4 plates on the shrug machine, some poor weakling like me takes 25 minutes to unload that shit and put on 10s

There are dumbbells out by the pool. WTF? You carried them out there to do your lunges or whatever, carry them back!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 09:31 AM   #2463
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
At World, they have this video on loop. Gorilla suit with WG shirt, chases people off benches, screams, slams weights, leaves weights in place. I just laugh, then SMH at teh yeahoos who can't be bothered to put their shit away. Don't leave 4 plates on the shrug machine, some poor weakling like me takes 25 minutes to unload that shit and put on 10s

There are dumbbells out by the pool. WTF? You carried them out there to do your lunges or whatever, carry them back!
lol 4 plates on the shrug with absolute no abdominal control or bracing... from someone who had terrible form....so many 15-25 yr olds dont understand the body is meant to move as one
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 09:35 AM   #2464
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
lol 4 plates on the shrug with absolute no abdominal control or bracing... from someone who had terrible form....so many 15-25 yr olds dont understand the body is meant to move as one
Come on, their knees are locked, what more bracing do they need????

Damn, even typing that made my lower back hurt.
Appreciate 0