BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      12-30-2020, 02:03 PM   #1
Akaf1
Rep
Drives: Bmw 650 xi gran coupe

2017 650xi GC Tire Size

I have the above referenced model and needed to replace the stock tires as they were summer tires and I live in NY. Opted for Pilot Sport A/S 3+ from tirerack, however the rears have been backordered for a month and no date in site for delivery. The OEM tires are 275/30/20 in the rear and that is the size that are backordered. They have a set of 275/35/20 in stock, however said the 35 vs. 30 might not fit or could cause rubbing on the wheel well. Any advice? I have the new A/S on the front but am still running the summer tires on the rear and don't want to go too much further in to winter on them. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 04:27 PM   #2
Walt White Coupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 650ix Coupe, 23 C8 Vette

Because you have an "X" drive, the circumference of the tires are critical and you have to stick with the original sizes or you will prematurely wear out your transfer gear box even if they do fit.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 09:50 PM   #3
AccordTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i XDrive Gran Coupe M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaf1 View Post
I have the above referenced model and needed to replace the stock tires as they were summer tires and I live in NY. Opted for Pilot Sport A/S 3+ from tirerack, however the rears have been backordered for a month and no date in site for delivery. The OEM tires are 275/30/20 in the rear and that is the size that are backordered. They have a set of 275/35/20 in stock, however said the 35 vs. 30 might not fit or could cause rubbing on the wheel well. Any advice? I have the new A/S on the front but am still running the summer tires on the rear and don't want to go too much further in to winter on them. Thanks
As said definitely a no go. The rolling circumstance will be too different and cause transfer case issues.
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
Powder Coated 373m Triple Bronze
CPG intakes
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Custom Snow Performance methanol injection
Custom exhaust, straight pipes to quad tips
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps
xHP Stage 3