BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-12-2012, 06:07 AM   #45
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX78703 View Post
even if it's "only" $110K, that still 20K over the m5 or 22% price hike for a car that performs exactly the same (580 vs. 560 hp is a meaningless difference, a marketing ploy only).

I think u're right about alpina B7 being a dinosaur now, this has so much more style and performance at the same or less price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
People are going to pay an EXTRA 30k for what is in essence just a cosmetic overhaul on top of the M5?

I have a hard time seeing that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
I dont expect the M6GC to sell well either, and I dont think the pricing chart listed above is correct. While the non-Ms may follow that path, BMW has consistently said the M6GC will be top of the line M, the flagship so to speak, so it will be the most expensive. If it is true that it will have the additional bump in power, that will justify the MSRP higher than the M6cabrio to begin with. Also, they may package the car with additional special options and individual features which may further increase the list prices.

Regarding the comments on the 6er coupe vs 5er sedan, these are different cars, and much more than just cosmetic and two less doors. The M6 is a more agile car, and drives much better than the M5 with a much more agressive tune that cannot be overlooked. It weighs less and is better proportioned. In terms of egonomics, its no comparison, the M6 is designed to wrap around the driver while the M5 is basic in its layout design. They are complete different cars. However, talking about the GC, that is where you get things turned around again. This is more comparable to the 5er, than the 6er, imo. The GC is heavier, longer, and wider than both 5er and 6er, so it will be less agile regardless of any increase in power. The question that will be asked and why I note that the M6GC will not be a high volume norhigh sales car, is that when you compare it to the M5, you may be paying $25K-30K+ for the design and further exclusivity, though less agility. That is not a winning formula, and while it may look very nice in pix, the GC is a large car, and the question would always become, if you need room for 4, why not get an M5 much cheaper, and if you only need room for 2, then the M6 should be the choice. I think BMW is only fighting themselves for sales here, but time will tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
$20k more or a car that may or may not look better than the M5???

BMW said it right when it was made for the US market.

Waste of money, sorry.

If the M6 F08 is going to be M flagship, so I assume it will faster than M5 F10 and M6 F13, and if they officially give it 580 PS, so 20 PS more, it could maybe in fact get 40 PS more. The M6 F08 should not have any problems selling, why noy pay a bit more for a much more beautiful (IMO) and exclusive car? I don't know how about you, but if I have 100K, I would could allreday find a way to get 130K, and if not, I would get something for 70K. What I mean is that there are few people that buy a car to their last penny, and if not, in such a price range, a 20K strech is nothing. The clients surely have a few of such cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #46
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

BMW expect the 6er Gran Coupe to be something of an anomaly like the X6 in terms of success in the market. Some markets might not get it(the actual idea of the overall concept) but others definitely will.

The Gran Coupe Concept was not unveiled in Beijing in 2010 by chance it was launched there to demonstrate BMW's understanding of China's increasing dominance of the luxury car market.
The Gran Coupe has already been previewed at events in China where BMW have left with a substantial order book. Customers apparently liking what they see.

The forthcoming M6 Gran Coupe will be the icing on the cake.

6post.com