BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-28-2021, 11:18 AM   #23
AlpineKing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s not in love with the m8’s. The feeling I got when the m6gc was originally released was that “THIS will be my next car!”…With the m8, I feel like I’m almost forcing myself to like it. No DCT (big let down) and it lacks visual aggression to me. The m8gc looks too “sedan-like” IMO. No aggressive body lines on the side as per the m6gc. Sucks bc I really wanted it to grow on me (mainly for the s63tu). As for the OP regarding what’s next, likely an RS7 or GT63s. The rs7 weighs nearly 5k lbs which is crazy, but in the aftermarket world they’re making up for that with some serious power (important to me with whatever car I go with). I’ll have to drive it to see how it handles, though. These two cars alone have single handedly won me over for my next move.

Couldn't echo this comment more! I went in recently to the local M dealership and got quite an offer on my GC (couple grand less than I paid) in order to swap into a M8GC and I felt like i was forcing myself to like the car. The styling is not the same, transmission seems less aggressive and the only justification I could convince myself of was "well it is now AWD" That along with the horrid deprecation that was incoming is steering me away big time. I'll hold onto the M6 for at least the next few years, but sadly the way that BMW is going, it looks like this might be my first and last newer Gen M cars.
Appreciate 3
Kick 6285.00
mikerx5461.00
Flo1989342.00
      09-02-2021, 04:29 PM   #24
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

[QUOTE=I felt like i was forcing myself to like the car. The styling is not the same, transmission seems less aggressive and the only justification I could convince myself of was "well it is now AWD" That along with the horrid deprecation that was incoming is steering me away big time. I'll hold onto the M6 for at least the next few years, but sadly the way that BMW is going, it looks like this might be my first and last newer Gen M cars.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, my lease is up on my M6GC, its fully spec'd and like you I cant talk myself into purchasing an M8, the differentiation does not even come into it. I have decided to refinance my car, its never had anyone expect me sit in it and still smells new, so a purchase at the balloon payment at £28k seems a bargain, what would I replace it with for that price.

here it is
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf IMG_0315.pdf (132.5 KB, 60 views)
Appreciate 3
mikerx5461.00
S1NGH217.00
      09-08-2021, 10:52 PM   #25
Msparta
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick 6 View Post
I just test drove a 2022 M8 Competition GC and it only had a few advantages over my 2018 M6 GC. The M8 sounded better, was more up to date on the interior, and it had better low speed acceleration. What I didn't like about it was the gearing. They didn't have the HUD programmed yet and since it is geared different, I wasn't very efficient on maximizing my shifts.

The upper end acceleration was not as good as my car but I have a DME tune. The salesman told me that after a 1200 mile break in period, BMW recodes their M8's and adds 75 hp to get it up to 625. I still wouldn't think the acceleration would be better than what I've got. I took him for a short drive in my car and all he could say was "Holy Crap!"

The M6 looks so much better than the M8. If I'm going to pay 140K for a car, I want it to look 140K. After my time is up on my M6, I don't think I can go with a M8. I'm not sure where I'll go but I just can't downgrade on looks that much. Any suggestions?
Dude I am in the same exact boat as you. The overall m6 in my case the grand coupe comp package with CCB is just a monster of a car and the m8 just has some better interior touches and tech but overall does not feel like a true upgrade…

I've been restoring my m6 and replacing parts to keep her young and fresh…

Do tag me and let me know what you decide on as your next car as I find myself feeling and thinking the same exact way!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 10:17 PM   #26
city1991
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i x drive F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick 6 View Post
I just test drove a 2022 M8 Competition GC and it only had a few advantages over my 2018 M6 GC. The M8 sounded better, was more up to date on the interior, and it had better low speed acceleration. What I didn't like about it was the gearing. They didn't have the HUD programmed yet and since it is geared different, I wasn't very efficient on maximizing my shifts.

The upper end acceleration was not as good as my car but I have a DME tune. The salesman told me that after a 1200 mile break in period, BMW recodes their M8's and adds 75 hp to get it up to 625. I still wouldn't think the acceleration would be better than what I've got. I took him for a short drive in my car and all he could say was "Holy Crap!"

The M6 looks so much better than the M8. If I'm going to pay 140K for a car, I want it to look 140K. After my time is up on my M6, I don't think I can go with a M8. I'm not sure where I'll go but I just can't downgrade on looks that much. Any suggestions?
M6 looks 100 times better than M8. I wouldn't trade it or sell it.
Appreciate 0