BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-23-2019, 11:30 PM   #1
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: m6

M6 CF diffuser V4: 2 piece or 1 piece?

So I want to pull the trigger on this type of diffuser and apparently it comes in either a 1 piece version

or a "2" piece (3)

which one should i go with for the best fitment? they both cost around 1300
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 02:06 AM   #2
Havy
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

They look both great. I don’t know the fitment of both but each additional bolt- glue connection is a potential risk of a bad fitment.
I would go with the future design version (1 piece). It is just my personal taste.
Appreciate 2
      03-24-2019, 07:38 AM   #3
mikerx5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havy View Post
They look both great. I don't know the fitment of both but each additional bolt- glue connection is a potential risk of a bad fitment.
I would go with the future design version (1 piece). It is just my personal taste.
I agree... the 1 piece is my choice also - though my guess is the 2 will have less fitment issues since the 1 piece needs to be perfect from tip to tip to adhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 06:39 PM   #4
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

the bottom is the replica ENLAES diffuser, it has minor fitment flaws but is easy to correct. the vorsteiner 1 piece is nice but i never liked the fit of the center section.

the 3 piece is probably also easier to install compared to the 1 piece. being you can adjust your gap spacing on the 3 piece, vs you have to adjust the bumper to the 1 piece style.

I have the ENLAES version and it fits well, however the CF weave is not very good, granted you cant see it unless you get under the car so....
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 09:55 PM   #5
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtagXMASTER View Post
the bottom is the replica ENLAES diffuser, it has minor fitment flaws but is easy to correct. the vorsteiner 1 piece is nice but i never liked the fit of the center section.

the 3 piece is probably also easier to install compared to the 1 piece. being you can adjust your gap spacing on the 3 piece, vs you have to adjust the bumper to the 1 piece style.

I have the ENLAES version and it fits well, however the CF weave is not very good, granted you cant see it unless you get under the car so....
you haave any pics of it?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 12:21 AM   #6
dclin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: FD3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerx5 View Post
I agree... the 1 piece is my choice also - though my guess is the 2 will have less fitment issues since the 1 piece needs to be perfect from tip to tip to adhere.
This. You have to hope the one piece was molded correctly for everything to lineup. At least with the multi-piece, it can be adjusted at those attachment points, which are underneath the car and not noticeable if off slightly.
Appreciate 1
mikerx5438.50
      03-25-2019, 01:25 PM   #7
111singh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Nothing atm

Wanting to make a similar purchase myself, i came across this link..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...AbTest=ae803_4

anyone ever bought from here? prices seem cheap, just hope the quality isn't
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 03:19 PM   #8
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 111singh View Post
Wanting to make a similar purchase myself, i came across this link..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...AbTest=ae803_4

anyone ever bought from here? prices seem cheap, just hope the quality isn't
theres also this

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/6-Se...2-e915b6c4caa8
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 04:05 PM   #9
111singh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx__xs View Post
I saw this to, i thought the middle two fins were alittle small in comparison to the rest and the V, but also have reservations on fitment and think i might play it safe with a 3 piece even if it costs more. I can't be arsed with having to mess about too much with the bumper to get things to fit. I'm hoping the carbon fibre is actually good quality strong stuff with a gloss shine.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 04:13 PM   #10
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I saw this to, i thought the middle two fins were alittle small in comparison to the rest and the V, but also have reservations on fitment and think i might play it safe with a 3 piece even if it costs more. I can't be arsed with having to mess about too much with the bumper to get things to fit. I'm hoping the carbon fibre is actually good quality strong stuff with a gloss shine.
they have a return policy. might pull the trigger
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 04:00 PM   #11
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
you haave any pics of it?
here are some pics of mine. the CF on the end wings were no too great in the area under the exhaust, so you never see it. the rest is really good. there is also a gap space between were it meets together. i like the space , but some people don't like it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
mikerx5438.50
      03-26-2019, 09:12 PM   #12
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
here are some pics of mine. the CF on the end wings were no too great in the area under the exhaust, so you never see it. the rest is really good. there is also a gap space between were it meets together. i like the space , but some people don't like it.
looks very nice. what tips do you have?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 09:20 PM   #13
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

FI Exhaust with FI Carbon tips
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 09:58 PM   #14
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
FI Exhaust with FI Carbon tips
https://enlaes.com/product/bmw-f06f1...-diffuser-frp/

is this the diffuser?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 06:54 AM   #15
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

So yes and no. This one linked is similar to the one on Ebay or alibaba. it has a carbon fiber weave pattern on the finish side, and then behind is just fiberglass. that is totally fine and id recommend that to save cost, because your going to bottom out on some driveway or something and scrape the bottom and not be too concerned you just scraped it up. A true CF one costs way more but will hurt a lot more when it scrapes so go with the FRP.

the other problem is that ENLAES is getting back into business now so I am not sure how long it will take to get or if this is just a new ENLAES site and they are continuing their old practices. I have only heard negative things about the company from a fitment and deliverable aspect. their designs are great but service is pretty rough. I'd also ask them for a picture to make sure its not some different design being they just returned to doing business.

I would call them up and confirm it is really for sale. see if you can get it installed and give them some pictures and they might even work out a better price for you for being able to help them market their product.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 07:21 AM   #16
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

I should also mention that since the diffuser is multiple pieces and so aggressive, if there is a small fitment issue in the center it will be harder to notice. a lot of the replica vorsteiner ones I have seen all have really ugly edge finish on the center section, but is more noticeable because its more plain. mine had a slight issue in the center section that I was able to bend/tweak the issue out and fit it in really well. much more forgiving and easier to manipulate than the 1 piece. I also thought the space in the center section on both sides was wrong, turns out its correct. there is a small gap that is visible on the outside portion. it is actually the way it is suppose to be. I am talking about the gap between the diffuser center section outside edge that comes down and where it meets the bumper. you can see the gap space that is about a half inch to an inch. that is actually finished CF and helps give it fitment forgiveness.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 02:07 PM   #17
Havy
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

It looks really cool.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 12:34 AM   #18
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So yes and no. This one linked is similar to the one on Ebay or alibaba. it has a carbon fiber weave pattern on the finish side, and then behind is just fiberglass. that is totally fine and id recommend that to save cost, because your going to bottom out on some driveway or something and scrape the bottom and not be too concerned you just scraped it up. A true CF one costs way more but will hurt a lot more when it scrapes so go with the FRP.

the other problem is that ENLAES is getting back into business now so I am not sure how long it will take to get or if this is just a new ENLAES site and they are continuing their old practices. I have only heard negative things about the company from a fitment and deliverable aspect. their designs are great but service is pretty rough. I'd also ask them for a picture to make sure its not some different design being they just returned to doing business.

I would call them up and confirm it is really for sale. see if you can get it installed and give them some pictures and they might even work out a better price for you for being able to help them market their product.
wait so, you're telling me the authentic enlaes diffuser is cheaper than the knock offs on aliexpress?? hmm lol.

also, i called them and nobody picked up, the line is disconnected
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 06:39 AM   #19
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
wait so, you're telling me the authentic enlaes diffuser is cheaper than the knock offs on aliexpress?? hmm lol.

also, i called them and nobody picked up, the line is disconnected
I noticed the Enlaes website came back not too long ago, maybe its been up about a month or 2. the original one from years ago was about 3k. so the knock offs on ebay at around 1k were a deal. the ebay FRP and authentic FRP would probably be the same in terms of quality and fitment. most often the actual source of the diffusers is some factory off in Taiwan that then sells the same part to another reseller here with a no name/E or V style branding to it. finding a fully carbon fiber piece would be incredibly hard to find.

by the sounds of you not being able to call into Enlaes that's already a good tell that they have not changed their business practices. its a real shame. don't even bother dealing with the company you will most likely lose your hair dealing with them. grab the ebay knockoff, you'll be happier with that one and get it way faster than Enlaes could get it to you.

granted it takes like 2 months to get it from the ebay store probably. but I have heard countless stories parts never arriving and then Enlaes stopped doing business without refunding any money to its customers. not too sure whats going on over there. there is a lot of talk about them on audi forums.

I bought mine here https://www.ebay.com/itm/EX-Style-Ca...gAAOSw1RVaUtwi

took a sold 2-3 moths to get, but I think its worth it. if you cant see the blemishes from my photos you wont be able to notice them, like I said they are under the exhaust tips, you'll never see them. I also contacted Spec-m to give me a discount and they gave me a better price than what is listed on Enlaes new website.

I will say though that it does not come pre drilled, so you will have to mark your spots to attach it. I used double sided tape and fasteners and its very solid.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 08:57 AM   #20
111singh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I will say though that it does not come pre drilled, so you will have to mark your spots to attach it. I used double sided tape and fasteners and its very solid.

So my side bits only have a single hole in them where the oem bumper plugs go...the rest of the long bit on the side sections that fit snug under the bumpers edge has nothing, no holes etc, is that the part where you used tape?

don't want them to come flying off if i'm giving it some down the road.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 10:22 AM   #21
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So my side bits only have a single hole in them where the oem bumper plugs go...the rest of the long bit on the side sections that fit snug under the bumpers edge has nothing, no holes etc, is that the part where you used tape?

don't want them to come flying off if i'm giving it some down the road.
I drilled extra holes and bolted them and used double sided tape to properly ensure they would not come off. its under the car enough to not notice the holes, and then if it bother you, you can use a plastic plug clip to fill in the hole for a truly professional look.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 10:12 AM   #22
111singh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I drilled extra holes and bolted them and used double sided tape to properly ensure they would not come off. its under the car enough to not notice the holes, and then if it bother you, you can use a plastic plug clip to fill in the hole for a truly professional look.
I curious how and where you drilled extra holes, as the long sections are hollow. Would you mind taking some pics for me? Also thinking additional holes might have to be done as the existing... small hole on the top part that touches the bumper and larger hole on the bottom so you can get a socket set on a nut or bolt head.
Appreciate 0