General Lee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Garage List
2015 M6 GC F06  [0.00]
Ghost Immobiliser

The detailing company who are currently about to Cermamic coat my MG GC told me about a great security feature I wasn’t aware about. I had been using a physical steering wheel lock & a faraday “cage” wallet to avoid someone cloning or boosting my car lock signal etc. This costs 400 quid and seems a no brainer.

Its a GHOST immobilser that means you need to enter a “pin” using 4 (or upto 20) buttons on your existing steering wheel before the engine starts. So even if you have access or the key you cant start the engine without the button sequence. Very discreet. You can set the pin using any buttons sequence - paddles or M1/M2 button sequence etc. (You can also sync with your iPhone so YOU dont need the sequence yourself.

Check out the video as Im getting it
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 12:04 PM   #2
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

been around for some time now, make sure you get the Ghost 2 variant, will protect car well, what it won't do is stop some scum putting a knife to ones throat and demanding the code.

Make sure the installer does a good job, ensure anti hi-jack is enabled, personal choice if you want the car to dis upon gear select or for it to be dead until you present code

By the way its all about the install/er, Autowatch was selective about their installers previously, it would appear now every Joe/ Shome is fitting the system
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2019, 12:16 PM   #3
General Lee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2015 M6 GC F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taheemr View Post
been around for some time now, make sure you get the Ghost 2 variant, will protect car well, what it won't do is stop some scum putting a knife to ones throat and demanding the code.

Make sure the installer does a good job, ensure anti hi-jack is enabled, personal choice if you want the car to dis upon gear select or for it to be dead until you present code

By the way its all about the install/er, Autowatch was selective about their installers previously, it would appear now every Joe/ Shome is fitting the system
Thanks for the feedback, yeah saw the Ghost 2 variant so will make sure I get that. Ill make sure about the anti Hijack feature too. Thanks again...
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 09:11 AM   #4
neemt
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Cool, i have never seen that before.
Appreciate 1