BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

05-20-2020, 04:44 AM   #243
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TON-III View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug85 View Post
Black 'M' wing badges added to replace the chrome ones....
Where you got 'em ? I would like to have ones in my red/black-themed car.

And to topic - I took it to the service, some other minor updates but also Eibach springs are to be installed, hope it comes down .... but not too much.

Here is the starting point.
Link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202876376640

I'm going for some Eibach's too soon. I'm told the pro kit drops it 25mm front and 20mm rear (approx). With 15mm spacers all round it should look good!

I'm liking the red!

G30 540i xDrive / Stage 3 via BM3 / xHP Stage 3 / Pure 800 Cast Turbo / 5" Catted Downpipe / MST Intake / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / 19" JR SL01 & Conti SC7 / 20" BBS CI-R & Michelin PS4S / F90 Sway Bars & Braces / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 01:13 PM   #244
bimmer12
Private
Rep
Drives: F06 650xi GC

Quote:
Been looking a bit more into this as my OCD is really bad

Looks like the 640d badge is a bit more to the left of say a 640i or 650i. I think its because of the d.

I did a comparison and also an overlay photo.

I think i can get the back of the d to line up where rhe i would be.. then work left from there.
haha this is some serious commitment to your OCD
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 02:06 PM   #245
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer12 View Post
Quote:
Been looking a bit more into this as my OCD is really bad

Looks like the 640d badge is a bit more to the left of say a 640i or 650i. I think its because of the d.

I did a comparison and also an overlay photo.

I think i can get the back of the d to line up where rhe i would be.. then work left from there.
haha this is some serious commitment to your OCD
Haha! When it's BMW related... It needs to be done properly

G30 540i xDrive / Stage 3 via BM3 / xHP Stage 3 / Pure 800 Cast Turbo / 5" Catted Downpipe / MST Intake / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / 19" JR SL01 & Conti SC7 / 20" BBS CI-R & Michelin PS4S / F90 Sway Bars & Braces / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 04:53 PM   #246
matth3wthao
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F06 650i xdrive

Got a v style carbon spoiler installed yesterday. I think it's too big. Does anyone have a lower profile one?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 05:22 PM   #247
itzjoker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by matth3wthao View Post
Got a v style carbon spoiler installed yesterday. I think it's too big. Does anyone have a lower profile one?
Where did you order this? Usually v-styles look alot skinnier/lower.
Yours look more like a RW Carbon which I prefer.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 05:24 PM   #248
matth3wthao
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F06 650i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzjoker View Post
Quote:
Where did you order this? Usually v-styles look alot skinnier/lower.
Yours look more like a RW Carbon which I prefer.
Looks lower profile in the photos lol

eBay
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 05:27 PM   #249
itzjoker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Looks lower profile in the photos lol

eBay
Yeah they do, could be the angle etc. A diffuser would def balance it out!
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2020, 12:32 AM   #250
TON-III
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 640 DA X-Drive M-Sport -12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TON-III View Post

And to topic - I took it to the service, some other minor updates but also Eibach springs are to be installed, hope it comes down .... but not too much.

Here is the starting point.
Pic in last page

And here is the end point, did come down gently. Some steering rods were also replaced, now the steering is like how I could imagine it would be as being hydraulic powered
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 09:41 PM   #251
Anmolbains23
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Soaking up the sun
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Junebug851615.00
      05-26-2020, 06:15 AM   #252
TON-III
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 640 DA X-Drive M-Sport -12

My F13 was washed/waxed with other hands, here is it as clean as it has ever been.

Also picked up the more light alloy/tire set, current M-Sport's are front 26 kg./ rear 27 kg., these new ones are 20,1 kg./20,4 kg.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 06:41 AM   #253
NorthCountryGuy
The Quiet One
Rep
Drives: M6, E70, E71

Garage List
2013 X6 M  [0.00]
2013 M6  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i Spo ...  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i  [0.00]
Seat coloring

Serviced the friction areas at the exiting side of the driver’s seat. I just took one picture on my phone of the lower area on the backrest. There were two other areas that had about the same wear. One on the backrest, but higher up than the first pic at about the level of the shoulder. The other area was at the lateral aspect of the seat. All the areas lost some pigment/color due to friction. The seat had some compression creases.
I used Colourlock products out of England. Cleaner, pigment for Sakhir Orange (B50), and clear anti friction sealer. The color was an absolute spot on match. Let sit overnight with the pigment. Put the sealant on just now, and will perhaps use the car this evening. So far very happy with the result. Hopefully will be even more happy with the sealant.
Attached Images

2013 X6 M Sapphire Black Metallic / Black Merino \ Carbon Fiber - Son’s
Appreciate 4
itzjoker149.50
benacto348.00
Junebug851615.00
iamvanja167.00
      05-26-2020, 10:41 AM   #254
benacto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCountryGuy View Post
Serviced the friction areas at the exiting side of the driver’s seat. I just took one picture on my phone of the lower area on the backrest. There were two other areas that had about the same wear. One on the backrest, but higher up than the first pic at about the level of the shoulder. The other area was at the lateral aspect of the seat. All the areas lost some pigment/color due to friction. The seat had some compression creases.
I used Colourlock products out of England. Cleaner, pigment for Sakhir Orange (B50), and clear anti friction sealer. The color was an absolute spot on match. Let sit overnight with the pigment. Put the sealant on just now, and will perhaps use the car this evening. So far very happy with the result. Hopefully will be even more happy with the sealant.
wow I gotta look into that stuff!
      05-26-2020, 10:50 AM   #255
benacto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M6 GC

found a good parking spot for morning shopping today.
Attached Images

05-26-2020, 11:22 AM   #256
NorthCountryGuy
The Quiet One
Rep
Drives: M6, E70, E71

Garage List
2013 X6 M  [0.00]
2013 M6  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i Spo ...  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by benacto View Post
wow I gotta look into that stuff!
This link covers all the pigments for BMW interior colors. I don’t think there are any that are left out.

https://www.colourlock.com/bmw_leath...our_chart.html
2013 X6 M Sapphire Black Metallic / Black Merino \ Carbon Fiber - Son’s
Appreciate 1
benacto348.00
      05-26-2020, 01:07 PM   #257
alehax
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 640d

---Picture heavy ---
I finally manged to drop it on Eibach springs two days a go. It feels a bit more stiff and better planted on the road and looks way much better. The best was that by chance I popped into a local indie and he done it for £80 all in, happy days! As well, I unwrapped the centre trim and re-wrapped as the carbon fibre lines were not in line with the centre console. While I was at it I took the back trim off as I wrapped it over without taking the trim off and was not happy with it. I managed to take the trim pieces off without taking the backrests off (see photos). If you plan to take yours off you can do it by taking the back seats off (two torx screws) and resting it diagonally on the first aid bit. Use a trim tool to pop the cards open (all details here https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...rests/GNoR5hzc ).The trims are secured by 4 Phillips screws each, use a small ratchet and the trim tool to help you with the job).
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      05-26-2020, 05:58 PM   #258
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alehax View Post
---Picture heavy ---
I finally manged to drop it on Eibach springs two days a go. It feels a bit more stiff and better planted on the road and looks way much better. The best was that by chance I popped into a local indie and he done it for £80 all in, happy days! As well, I unwrapped the centre trim and re-wrapped as the carbon fibre lines were not in line with the centre console. While I was at it I took the back trim off as I wrapped it over without taking the trim off and was not happy with it. I managed to take the trim pieces off without taking the backrests off (see photos). If you plan to take yours off you can do it by taking the back seats off (two torx screws) and resting it diagonally on the first aid bit. Use a trim tool to pop the cards open (all details here https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...rests/GNoR5hzc ).The trims are secured by 4 Phillips screws each, use a small ratchet and the trim tool to help you with the job).
Looking good sitting on them Eibach's!

Did you get the car re-aligned afterwards?

Curious... how did you wrap the cup holder lip/flap. Did you take off the silver trim piece that's on it?

looks ace

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 05:49 AM   #259
alehax
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Looking good sitting on them Eibach's!

Did you get the car re-aligned afterwards?

Curious... how did you wrap the cup holder lip/flap. Did you take off the silver trim piece that's on it?

looks ace
Thanks, a few more things to do (drop to 19"s, Maxton front splitter and Apple Car Play). I haven't done the re-alignment, would you recommend to do it as the garage guy said it doesn't need one?
in regards to the cup holder silver trim, see the photos I took at the time. After you take of the cup holder part push forward (see the arrows in the photo) very hard and the lid will come off. In the thirdd photo I highlighted the three little bits that the lid is held in with glue. Take a Stanley knife and scrape off the glue until you can remove the lid. Wrap the lid and push the trim back in place and glue with a hot glue gun.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Junebug851615.00
      05-27-2020, 07:08 AM   #260
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, a few more things to do (drop to 19"s, Maxton front splitter and Apple Car Play). I haven't done the re-alignment, would you recommend to do it as the garage guy said it doesn't need one?
in regards to the cup holder silver trim, see the photos I took at the time. After you take of the cup holder part push forward (see the arrows in the photo) very hard and the lid will come off. In the third photo I highlighted the three little bits that the lid is held in with glue. Take a Stanley knife and scrape off the glue until you can remove the lid. Wrap the lid and push the trim back in place and glue with a hot glue gun.
Thanks for the detailed pics!

I've got the Wood Poplar Grain Grey Trim. I quite like it - nice contrast against the black leather.

I have my car booked in with Deutsch Tech soon and they said that it's up to me to have the alignment done or not.

They recommended to do it to so i leave there with everything straight and true. It was a no pressure thing - but i opted to go for it.

Some say that after the springs have settled then its best to get it done as the ride height has been altered. Some also say that its needed after installing spacers as the cars geometry has changed. Opinions differ a lot online

Previously, On my F30 335d xDrive, when I had ACS springs put on, the garage carried out the alignment straight afterwards. Drove the car for 2.5 years and had no issues with alignment - this is why i'm going to to get it done straight after. Probably doesn't need it or just minor adjustments but it's more for piece of mind etc.

Your car will look good with the front splitter. You going for the Gloss one or Carbon?

I was thinking about a rear spoiler - I bought one in Spacey Grey (M Perf Style) but I decided to leave it. Like to look of the car without it. I was lucky to get a full refund as the fitment wasn't 100% and the seller agreed there was issues with their molds. Couldn't fault the paint finish though.

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 07:55 AM   #261
alehax
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the detailed pics!

I've got the Wood Poplar Grain Grey Trim. I quite like it - nice contrast against the black leather.

I have my car booked in with Deutsch Tech soon and they said that it's up to me to have the alignment done or not.

They recommended to do it to so i leave there with everything straight and true. It was a no pressure thing - but i opted to go for it.

Some say that after the springs have settled then its best to get it done as the ride height has been altered. Some also say that its needed after installing spacers as the cars geometry has changed. Opinions differ a lot online :rolleye

Previously, On my F30 335d xDrive, when I had ACS springs put on, the garage carried out the alignment straight afterwards. Drove the car for 2.5 years and had no issues with alignment - this is why i'm going to to get it done straight after. Probably doesn't need it or just minor adjustments but it's more for piece of mind etc.

Your car will look good with the front splitter. You going for the Gloss one or Carbon?

I was thinking about a rear spoiler - I bought one in Spacey Grey (M Perf Style) but I decided to leave it. Like to look of the car without it. I was lucky to get a full refund as the fitment wasn't 100% and the seller agreed there was issues with their molds. Couldn't fault the paint finish though.
You're welcome!
I will leave the re-alignment for the moment as I am thinking of adding 15mm spacers front and back and maybe do it after. As i have high gloss shadow line pack and gloss black spoiler I believe that the gloss splitter will look better (!?). Yours will look very nice with a splitter, it's just the case of finding the right one. I do like the way it lifts up the back on mine and at the same time makes it look lower (if it makes sense).
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 12:05 PM   #262
pdubq
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘15 650ix GC, ‘14 X35i MSport

Quote:
in regards to the cup holder silver trim, see the photos I took at the time. After you take of the cup holder part push forward (see the arrows in the photo) very hard and the lid will come off. In the thirdd photo I highlighted the three little bits that the lid is held in with glue. Take a Stanley knife and scrape off the glue until you can remove the lid. Wrap the lid and push the trim back in place and glue with a hot glue gun.
Good luck getting the front splitter... my order has been unfulfilled for the past 4 months or so... supposedly it was created but stuck in Poland due to covid constraints...
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 02:59 PM   #263
alehax
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdubq View Post
Good luck getting the front splitter... my order has been unfulfilled for the past 4 months or so... supposedly it was created but stuck in Poland due to covid constraints...
Four months! Well, if nothing changes I will have to put this back a little bit...
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 03:46 PM   #264
Thewrench86
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 \M sport. F06 640d M Sport

[QUOTE=alehax;26226781]

Looks really good lowered. Spacers are an essential purchase on these cars once I saw Mark's car with them I couldn't unsee the issue on my own car lol.

Trim looks cool too I haven't quite got round to wrapping my trim yet as I'm afraid I'll break something. But I guess I need to give it a go soon as I want hopefully install a mmi prime myself!
Appreciate 0