08-14-2021, 11:28 PM   #47
fastboatster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky0u View Post
Plot twist: it's a CVT hybrid
How about this plot twist - it would use some BMW Mini engine in the same fashion Toyota used b58 in the Supra) Probably not gonna happen but would be kind of funny.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 11:57 PM   #48
qusainshirazi
IG: excuz.m3
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I can see the Integra making a major comeback, may hurt the CTR’s sales a bit but at least looks to be much better looking
      08-15-2021, 06:38 PM   #49
RMachuca3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Msport

Garage List
fwd=yawn.....
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 06:46 PM   #50
BavMachina
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 430GC, ‘21 X3 30i

Had a couple Integras back in the 90’s and had a blast driving them. Hope they make the new one fun to drive!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 08:15 AM   #51
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJVegita View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post
Back in the day, I could make this argument as well. Manuals were cheaper, had better gas mileage, and in general were faster.

When I found that I could shift my GT-R at full throttle in the middle of "hogpen" at VIR without upsetting the balance or handling of the car, all that faded away.

Since then, especially the BMW automatics from ZF, the automatics are just as reliable, get great gas mileage, and shift better and faster than manuals. Don't get me wrong...manuals are more "fun". But modern auto's are so good, it's hard to take a manual over an automatic for a daily driver or purposed car.

Shawn
You mentioned it but yea it's the fun factor....there are always cars faster than yours regardless. if that is all you care about then great for you. Most of us want to have fun driving. Not just sit there and basically let it do everything for you
There's so much more to driving than just shifting. Saying an automatic "does everything for you" is a bit of a reach. But to each his own. I don't criticize those who want a manual, but head to head if dollars are the same, the automatic will retain value better, be faster at the drag strip, and be easier to sell in the private market. Oh, and have better gas mileage. That's not true for really low power cars (Miata), but the reasons for that are many. Anyway, people who love manuals, more power to you. But the world is shifting to automatics (no pun intended, but it's pretty neat)

Shawn
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 09:08 AM   #52
Sublime00
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Back in the day, I could make this argument as well. Manuals were cheaper, had better gas mileage, and in general were faster.

When I found that I could shift my GT-R at full throttle in the middle of "hogpen" at VIR without upsetting the balance or handling of the car, all that faded away.

Since then, especially the BMW automatics from ZF, the automatics are just as reliable, get great gas mileage, and shift better and faster than manuals. Don't get me wrong...manuals are more "fun". But modern auto's are so good, it's hard to take a manual over an automatic for a daily driver or purposed car.

Shawn
You mentioned it but yea it's the fun factor....there are always cars faster than yours regardless. if that is all you care about then great for you. Most of us want to have fun driving. Not just sit there and basically let it do everything for you
There's so much more to driving than just shifting. Saying an automatic "does everything for you" is a bit of a reach. But to each his own. I don't criticize those who want a manual, but head to head if dollars are the same, the automatic will retain value better, be faster at the drag strip, and be easier to sell in the private market. Oh, and have better gas mileage. That's not true for really low power cars (Miata), but the reasons for that are many. Anyway, people who love manuals, more power to you. But the world is shifting to automatics (no pun intended, but it's pretty neat)

Shawn
Disagree, A manual will actually retain a higher resale value and be easier to sell vs an auto. And when I say auto I'm including dual clutch options.

Even in a covid economy, where everything is selling like hot cakes.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 11:28 AM   #53
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Shawn

Shawn
Disagree, A manual will actually retain a higher resale value and be easier to sell vs an auto. And when I say auto I'm including dual clutch options.

The resale is true only if it's a classic car, rare, or collectible. The manuals have higher value - but that's because automatics from way back were not long lasting or durable.

If it's not some collectible or special edition, that hasn't held true. The automatics have a higher resale. I dunno about the integra. The type R was the highest stolen vehicle for many years despite being a manual.

Shawn
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 12:19 PM   #54
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusainshirazi View Post
I can see the Integra making a major comeback, may hurt the CTR’s sales a bit but at least looks to be much better looking
They sold every single Civic Type R they made and a lot of them over MSRP. I don't think this car will have any affect on Civic Type R sales.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 02:41 PM   #55
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

So, just going to be a three door version of the ILX, which is just a slightly faster Civic.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 03:26 PM   #56
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

I get the whole nostalgia thing with the Integra name, but wouldn't it make more sense to bring back the RSX name? After all, it was the successor to the Integra name anyway, and the name would fit in with their other model names. They could even do a Type S (like the original RSX) and give it the Si engine.
      08-18-2021, 05:46 PM   #57
Sublime00
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Shawn

Shawn

The resale is true only if it's a classic car, rare, or collectible. The manuals have higher value - but that's because automatics from way back were not long lasting or durable.

If it's not some collectible or special edition, that hasn't held true. The automatics have a higher resale. I dunno about the integra. The type R was the highest stolen vehicle for many years despite being a manual.

Shawn
Disagree again. There are fewer new automobiles w/ manuals being produced. I still stand by my original argument. Every new car with a stick is going to be a modern classic in this weird era as everything goes towards electrification and fewer and fewer manuals produced.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Appreciate 1
Bumpinjeep5363.50
      08-18-2021, 05:54 PM   #58
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Shawn

Shawn

Shawn
Disagree again. There are fewer new automobiles w/ manuals being produced. I still stand by my original argument. Every new car with a stick is going to be a modern classic in this weird era as everything goes towards electrification and fewer and fewer manuals produced.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
A friend of mine is selling a B5 S4 Avant. It's crazy to see the price differential for manuals vs autos. Manuals are worth double what autos are worth.

Then let's talk about 550 and 575 Ferrari's, manuals are 4-5x the price of autos, but to be fair, that's a crappy single clutch auto.

I'd actually be surprised if manuals don't outlive automatics. We're all headed for single speeds anyway and I could see the last ICE cars being manuals just for the fringe weirdos that stick (intentional) it out that long.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 03:39 PM   #59
Nashville
BMW Sales
Rep
Drives: G20 Msport, 1996 Civic DX

now I really can't wait till my 3 series lease is up!

my biggest pet peeve with these cars is the MF that call them teggys.

take my money!
      08-23-2021, 08:10 PM   #60
CDN-Driver
Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 Porsche 718 Cayman

Owned of a 1994 GS-R, then a 2002 RSX Type S.
Really hope they get this right!
      08-23-2021, 10:02 PM   #61
AlpineBoost
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 Civic Type R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN-AWD View Post
Same, I had a '95 and a '02. After the Type S I went to a '07 350Z, but I did own the RSX and Z at the same time for a bit. What did you go to next?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 08:14 AM   #62
CDN-Driver
Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 Porsche 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineBoost View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN-AWD View Post
Same, I had a '95 and a '02. After the Type S I went to a '07 350Z, but I did own the RSX and Z at the same time for a bit. What did you go to next?
I was living in a very northern climate and moved to a 2006 Audi A4 quattro, which was a very good car, my only 4 door sedan.
      08-26-2021, 11:31 PM   #63
AlpineBoost
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 Civic Type R

Garage List
It's only for apparel so far, but Honda trademarked Integra Type S on 8/20/21. Should see a trademark for vehicles other than the one for just Integra on 8/12 in the coming months.
Attached Images

Last edited by AlpineBoost; 08-26-2021 at 11:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 01:13 AM   #64
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
I get the whole nostalgia thing with the Integra name, but wouldn't it make more sense to bring back the RSX name? After all, it was the successor to the Integra name anyway, and the name would fit in with their other model names. They could even do a Type S (like the original RSX) and give it the Si engine.
because it was only north america that called it the RSX

the rest of the world still sold it as the 4th gen honda integra.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 01:23 AM   #65
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
A friend of mine is selling a B5 S4 Avant. It's crazy to see the price differential for manuals vs autos. Manuals are worth double what autos are worth.

Then let's talk about 550 and 575 Ferrari's, manuals are 4-5x the price of autos, but to be fair, that's a crappy single clutch auto.

I'd actually be surprised if manuals don't outlive automatics. We're all headed for single speeds anyway and I could see the last ICE cars being manuals just for the fringe weirdos that stick (intentional) it out that long.
completely agree. modern DCTs are nice, but lets be real on why people buy them: its either for convenience... or speed/laptimes/quarter mile. What happens when EVs become more mainstream and toast ICE engines in performance metrics and daily drivability ?

people who are looking for that nostalgic drivers car will gravitate toward the car with the most interaction and feel.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 07:31 AM   #66
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
because it was only north america that called it the RSX

the rest of the world still sold it as the 4th gen honda integra.
I know that, but this "announcement" came from Acura USA. Honda trademarked the Integra name in the US only this go around, so it leads me to believe this could be a North American model only. In which case, they could have gone with the RSX model and used the Type S designation as well to pair up with the rest of the lineup. In my opinion, that would make more marketing sense.