BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      07-23-2020, 11:21 PM   #1
Mhnd198502
Private First Class
Canada
26
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: 640i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver BC

iTrader: (0)

Help! AC problem 2018 640i GC

Hi guys,
I have a 2018 with about 40000km on it.
I had the car since new.

About 1 month ago i noticed that if the AC is on, blowing through front vents and windshield vent at the same time, with the AC set on 19-22 degrees C, the front vents blow cold air, but the windshield vents blows warm air, like the AC would not be on.

I had the car at the dealership twice for this problem and they`re saying this is normal!
Car is still under warranty.
I know 100% this is not normal! I had BMW for the past 10 years (530i, x5, 335i m performance) and none of them had this problem.
I also checked the loaner they gave me. Ice cold air!

They don`t even have an explanation "why is normal".
Drives me crazy!!!!


Is there a number for BMW Canada that i can call and talk to one of their tech guys?

Can you guys check if your cars blow hot air by the windshield and cold air on the front vents (set them up so both blow at the same time) after you drive the car for about 10min?


Please, i really need help.
I know taking the dash out is a freaking hard job to do...but this needs to get fixed.
They`re saying all flaps work fine.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 10:12 AM   #2
AccordTR
Private First Class
AccordTR's Avatar
Canada
49
Rep
153
Posts

Drives: 2015 650i XDrive Gran Coupe M
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Winnipeg

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhnd198502 View Post
Hi guys,
I have a 2018 with about 40000km on it.
I had the car since new.

About 1 month ago i noticed that if the AC is on, blowing through front vents and windshield vent at the same time, with the AC set on 19-22 degrees C, the front vents blow cold air, but the windshield vents blows warm air, like the AC would not be on.

I had the car at the dealership twice for this problem and they`re saying this is normal!
Car is still under warranty.
I know 100% this is not normal! I had BMW for the past 10 years (530i, x5, 335i m performance) and none of them had this problem.
I also checked the loaner they gave me. Ice cold air!

They don`t even have an explanation "why is normal".
Drives me crazy!!!!


Is there a number for BMW Canada that i can call and talk to one of their tech guys?

Can you guys check if your cars blow hot air by the windshield and cold air on the front vents (set them up so both blow at the same time) after you drive the car for about 10min?


Please, i really need help.
I know taking the dash out is a freaking hard job to do...but this needs to get fixed.
They`re saying all flaps work fine.

Cheers
Good luck my man. My 650i has had ac issues and been in twice. First time the o-rings were leaking, second time the evaporator. My wife's 2019 X3 has also been in twice, o-rings and basically a form of your problem. Her issue was the dash blew ice cold but the rear blew super hot air even thou the system was synced. They said it was a firmware update for the ac module which since done does seem to be working fine as of now. Also in Canada FYI.
__________________
2015 Bmw 650i xDrive Gran Coupe
M Sports Edition
Carbon Wing
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
Powder Coated 373m Triple Bronze
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Custom Snow Performance methanol injection
Custom exhaust, straight pipes to quad tips
Bootmod3 Stage 2
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 11:02 PM   #3
Mhnd198502
Private First Class
Canada
26
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: 640i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordTR View Post
Good luck my man. My 650i has had ac issues and been in twice. First time the o-rings were leaking, second time the evaporator. My wife's 2019 X3 has also been in twice, o-rings and basically a form of your problem. Her issue was the dash blew ice cold but the rear blew super hot air even thou the system was synced. They said it was a firmware update for the ac module which since done does seem to be working fine as of now. Also in Canada FYI.
Can you please check the windshield and front vents ?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 06:58 AM   #4
Opie55
Captain
262
Rep
838
Posts

Drives: '15 650i Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhnd198502 View Post
Can you please check the windshield and front vents ?
I'm happy to check mine, but tell me exactly what setting I'm supposed to use so I'm sure that I'm duplicating your situation. I have never thought of the AC coming out by the windshield so when you say to set it so it comes out the front vents and the windshield at the same time I'm not totally sure how to do that. Maybe it's obvious but I'm not sitting in the car right now.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 01:47 PM   #5
Opie55
Captain
262
Rep
838
Posts

Drives: '15 650i Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

OK, I checked. I manually selected the air outputs - which I never usually do - and in all three settings where the little up arrow for the windshield vents is lit I get cold air at the windshield. It's cold with the up arrow alone, the up arrow and the down arrow together, and the up arrow and the dash vent arrow together. You need to go back to your dealer and tell them they are full of it and need to fix your car.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 11:25 PM   #6
Mhnd198502
Private First Class
Canada
26
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: 640i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
OK, I checked. I manually selected the air outputs - which I never usually do - and in all three settings where the little up arrow for the windshield vents is lit I get cold air at the windshield. It's cold with the up arrow alone, the up arrow and the down arrow together, and the up arrow and the dash vent arrow together. You need to go back to your dealer and tell them they are full of it and need to fix your car.

Thank you sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really really appreciate your help! Monday ill get my car back in.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST