BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      07-23-2020, 01:44 PM   #1
Anmolbains23
Enlisted Member
Anmolbains23's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 M40i
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Thoughts on the car?

Was taking one of my BMW's for service and saw this parked outside the dealership.

Pretty damn sweet if you ask me
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 03:00 PM   #2
Msane
Private First Class
40
Rep
110
Posts

Drives: Bmw M4
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Not as attractive as the f06 back in 2012 imo
Still looks decent but a little too thick and jap looking for me.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 04:25 PM   #3
NorthCountryGuy
The Quiet One
NorthCountryGuy's Avatar
1658
Rep
603
Posts

Drives: M6, E70, E71
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Iím right here...

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 X6 M  [0.00]
2013 M6  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i Spo ...  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i  [0.00]
Is handsome.
Not crazy about the wheels though.
__________________
2013 M6 Coupe Sakhir Orange Metallic / Sakhir Orange \ Black Merino - The Prince
2013 X5 LCI 35i Jet Black / Black SensaTec - The Horse
2013 X5 LCI 35i Space Grey Metallic / Black Nevada // Sport Pkg - Daughterís
2013 X6 M Sapphire Black Metallic / Black Merino \ Carbon Fiber - Sonís
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 04:27 PM   #4
Anmolbains23
Enlisted Member
Anmolbains23's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 M40i
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msane View Post
Not as attractive as the f06 back in 2012 imo
Still looks decent but a little too thick and jap looking for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCountryGuy View Post
Is handsome.
Not crazy about the wheels though.

Color combo had me.
But I'm still perfectly fine with my 6GC
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2020, 02:12 AM   #5
rasa bmw
Lieutenant Colonel
168
Rep
1,652
Posts

Drives: space grey 640d sport e90 330d
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: northumberland

iTrader: (0)

wheels are gash
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 06:30 AM   #6
mjposner
Colonel
mjposner's Avatar
United_States
503
Rep
2,777
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i F12
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (3)

Seriously, "and jap looking for me." Wrong on many levels and not even clear whether insulting Japanese design or Jewish American Princess design. If you are going to be derogatory, get it right or go home.
__________________
Previous BMW: 16 M4, 13 M6; 14 M235i, 12 BMW M3; 11 BMW M3; 08 BMW M3; 08 BMW Z4M; 04 X3; 02 M3 Convertible; 02 M3; 00 M Roadster; 94 325 convertible; 92 325i Convertible; and 85 635csi
My other rides: 1965 Chevrolet Corvair Corsa and 2007 Porsche 911s
My Car Photo Blog: http://carfisheye.blogspot.com/
Appreciate 2
debdoub22.00
jjasonSU130.00

      07-24-2020, 10:02 AM   #7
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
388
Rep
594
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

This, along with all of the new BMW cars (Except the 5...) is a disappointment to me. What bugs me is this: For years, the Japanese emulated the German designs nearly to the point of copying them. It seems now - what with the over busy rear ends and gaping maws (HUGE grills), that BMW is emulating the Japanese designs. Take a look at the back ends of the new BMWs and then compare them to Toyotas. As for the gaping maw, look no further that the vomit spewing maws of the new Lexus cars.

That being said, I test drove both the 850 and the 840 gran coupes. They are MONSTROUS and a great improvement over our beloved 6s - driving wise. That being said, I doubt that I would be tempted to look back at an 8 GC three or four times after I parked it. The 6 GC was a design miracle, and shall remain one of the most beautiful road cars ever produced. I do not believe that the same can be said for the 8 series.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 12:18 PM   #8
rasa bmw
Lieutenant Colonel
168
Rep
1,652
Posts

Drives: space grey 640d sport e90 330d
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: northumberland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frupal View Post
This, along with all of the new BMW cars (Except the 5...) is a disappointment to me. What bugs me is this: For years, the Japanese emulated the German designs nearly to the point of copying them. It seems now - what with the over busy rear ends and gaping maws (HUGE grills), that BMW is emulating the Japanese designs. Take a look at the back ends of the new BMWs and then compare them to Toyotas. As for the gaping maw, look no further that the vomit spewing maws of the new Lexus cars.

That being said, I test drove both the 850 and the 840 gran coupes. They are MONSTROUS and a great improvement over our beloved 6s - driving wise. That being said, I doubt that I would be tempted to look back at an 8 GC three or four times after I parked it. The 6 GC was a design miracle, and shall remain one of the most beautiful road cars ever produced. I do not believe that the same can be said for the 8 series.
even better looking with 2 less door's
Appreciate 2
      07-24-2020, 02:27 PM   #9
hugo_nz
Second Lieutenant
New Zealand
97
Rep
263
Posts

Drives: F12 650i
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

I've seen a couple in person and they just don't do anything for me. I am not a great fan of BMWs new design direction. The Fxx 6-series evoked an emotional response when looking at it which is incredibly rare (think Jaguar F-Type, XJ, Merc S-Class Coupe). The 8-series is just meh looking outside and super meh inside. The 6-series interior is going to remain hard to beat in my opinion. Sure, it may not have any of the fancy new touch controls or cutting edge iDrive, but it's still one of the best interiors to be in. The 8-series is over styled, it's looks will fade quickly and ultimately is a quite forgettable car.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 06:15 PM   #10
rxryanm.
Enlisted Member
24
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: 650xi GC
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: KY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjposner View Post
Seriously, "and jap looking for me." Wrong on many levels and not even clear whether insulting Japanese design or Jewish American Princess design. If you are going to be derogatory, get it right or go home.
You're kidding, right? As opposed to getting offended and flying off the handle, why not ask what he meant?
Appreciate 2
      07-25-2020, 03:26 AM   #11
Anmolbains23
Enlisted Member
Anmolbains23's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 M40i
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_nz View Post
I've seen a couple in person and they just don't do anything for me. I am not a great fan of BMWs new design direction. The Fxx 6-series evoked an emotional response when looking at it which is incredibly rare (think Jaguar F-Type, XJ, Merc S-Class Coupe). The 8-series is just meh looking outside and super meh inside. The 6-series interior is going to remain hard to beat in my opinion. Sure, it may not have any of the fancy new touch controls or cutting edge iDrive, but it's still one of the best interiors to be in. The 8-series is over styled, it's looks will fade quickly and ultimately is a quite forgettable car.


Agree with you on this, saw a 840GC on the road the other day and wasn't breaking my neck or anything.
Love the S Class coupe.
Was a big fan of the CL back then as well.
Appreciate 2
MMMM6GC84.00
jjasonSU130.00

      07-25-2020, 03:11 PM   #12
Qsilver7
Colonel
Qsilver7's Avatar
United_States
1165
Rep
2,327
Posts

Drives: F06 650ix GC / E53 X5 4.4
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Indiana, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anmolbains23 View Post
Was taking one of my BMW's for service and saw this parked outside the dealership.

Pretty damn sweet if you ask me

Well..I’m glad others knew what it was. I thought it was one of the BMW models that I don’t follow (anything with a nomenclature below 5...I don’t know much about because I just don’t follow them or pay attention to them much). Until I started reading down through the thread and others knew it was an 8 series...I didn’t have a clue as to what it was from a side profile.
__________________
2006 E53 X5 4.4 | 2013 F06 650ix Gran Coupe`
BMW CCA Member #191509
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST