BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

07-19-2020, 08:36 PM   #23
patchesj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

$50 deductible on those prices. They don't offer any financing or payment plan options, so it's all up front (but remainder refundable if you cancel).
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 10:06 PM   #24
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchesj View Post
$50 deductible on those prices. They don't offer any financing or payment plan options, so it's all up front (but remainder refundable if you cancel).
Same as the warranty I took out then. I just used a 0% card and took advantage of the points/perks. Doubt I'll keep my car for the 5 year duration of the warranty (will have paid it off easily by then) so will be taking up the refund.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 10:18 PM   #25
maxxxmagnum
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i conv

There seem to be so many variations from state to state. I checked out the following:

- CARCHEX

- ENDURANCE

- Easy Care (through my dealership)

- BMW extended warranty (offered by both dealers and BMW Financial Services). The only one that guarantees OEM parts, even if they have to shipped from Germany at no cost to you.

- Veritas (offered by BMW Financial Services who claim that they have excellent experience and customer rating with many years in business)

The covered period goes from as short as 2 years (BMW and Easy Care) to as long as 7 years (Endurance). The latter offers the best bang for the buck (80K miles/7yrs) including tire and wheel protection for just a little over $5,300. Similar Carchex plan is over $8,000. Next best was Veritas at under $5000 for 5yrs, but I don't think they cover tires and wheels. Other more expensive and shorter term plans don't offer tire and wheel protection either.

The quotes are for a 3y/o BMW650 with less than 25,000 miles. Of course, over time as the car gets older those will change.

Anyone had experience with Endurance or any of the above? Years ago I got extended warranty from BMW directly on an old 7 series and it was well worth the money, but those were different times and everything was a lot cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 01:34 PM   #26
jeffvb9
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW x4m comp

Has anyone worked with Ideal Auto Protection? I also got a quote from Freedom. Freedoms was $3300 for 5 yr/100K miles and the usual perks, $100 deductible. Ideal was $3000 for the same and $400 in tire/rim coverage per incident and zero deductible. I've called all over and everyone is right its tiring.
Appreciate 0