BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      04-04-2020, 09:26 PM   #1
F1nchy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

F12 M6

Hey guys, I've had a issue with my M6 for a while now struggling to find the cause and issue. Sooo here is a little run down of what's going on, randomly it started to hold revs at like 3/5k the needle would just stick there and then after a few seconds would go down as normal. It's very strange. A friend logged the car and said the throttle is getting stuck at 30% more than it should, the car has been modded but also been put back to stock to try find the cause, has anyone else ever had this kind of issue, it's so strange, I know throttle bodies are common on this and that could be cause but so could ecu or a simple sensor. Making me to not want to drive it as it's so annoying and messes with the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 01:22 AM   #2
936F06
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

I assume there is a throttle body pedal dance or reset by computer have you tried that?
Coming from the nissan platform, there was a pedal dance to make the throttle bodies relearn or reset.
Anyone else that has more experience could chime in?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 10:22 AM   #3
NytWolf
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10, 2015 F30, 2008 E60

I don't know specifically for the M6 since I am new to the platform also. However in Japanese cars, the symptom your car exhibits usually point to a faulty Throttle Position Sensor. A lot of other ECU programming depends on the TPS voltage feedback. If the main ECU does not receive proper feedback from the TPS, it will not idle properly.
Appreciate 0