BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-29-2021, 10:06 AM   #1
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Monroney Label Reprint?

Is there anyone in here connected with BMW that would be able to find out if it is possible to get a reprinted copy of the original window sticker that would have come with the car new?

I know when I was with Porsche, sometimes we would have cars come in new from transport with torn window stickers and we could file a request to have them reprinted.

Bought my car CPO but never had the original window sticker, figure it would be nice to have. In the event that someone here is able to commit some time to this, I'm happy to compensate for the effort.
      03-29-2021, 10:42 AM   #2
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

I'd be willing to pay for this as well if at all possible.
Appreciate 1
MMMM6GC275.00
      03-29-2021, 02:13 PM   #3
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

+1

I did look into this extensively when I first got my car. Had no joy at any BMW dealer unfortunately. Best I found was through monroney labels directly where you get a generic one for like $7 https://monroneylabels.com/ or from a 3rd party company like stuttgart studios (http://www.stuttgartstudios.com/). The latter can be made to look exactly like factory window stickers down to the finest detail. However they are REALLY pricey (starting at $130+) and they're classed as "novelty reproductions" meaning they have a water-mark which they will not remove under any circumstance (check their FAQ).
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 08:49 AM   #4
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMM6GC View Post
+1

I did look into this extensively when I first got my car. Had no joy at any BMW dealer unfortunately. Best I found was through monroney labels directly where you get a generic one for like $7 https://monroneylabels.com/ or from a 3rd party company like stuttgart studios (http://www.stuttgartstudios.com/). The latter can be made to look exactly like factory window stickers down to the finest detail. However they are REALLY pricey (starting at $130+) and they're classed as "novelty reproductions" meaning they have a water-mark which they will not remove under any circumstance (check their FAQ).
Thanks for providing these resources -- the latter seems like the best option. A quick glance at their website shows that they essentially recreate the design and format of the original monroney within Photoshop which is something that I could probably tackle with my years of graphic design experience. I may toy around with it and perhaps come up with a 'template' that can be used to provide these to other forum members
      03-31-2021, 08:16 PM   #5
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

I've also followed the latter path, recreating the Monroney myself using Illustrator and Photoshop. My understanding is that legally, only one per car may be printed, even inquiring while at a tour of the Port Newark VDC, they were not able to help.

However, I think it all turned out well in the end.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-31-2021, 08:26 PM   #6
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Also did one for my friend's 911
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      04-01-2021, 08:29 AM   #7
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Cincinnatus great looking work! Would you be willing to PM me the fonts used for the BMW Monroney? That would give me a big head start on the project
      04-01-2021, 10:32 AM   #8
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep

This would be awesome if you guys could re-create! I'd be happy to pay a little too for the all the effort involved (just not $130+ lol)

LJohnson32 The OEM sticker looks to have simpler graphics and no background:

http://gtcarlot.com/data/BMW/M6/2014...-84558655.html
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 12:47 PM   #9
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJohnson32 View Post
Cincinnatus great looking work! Would you be willing to PM me the fonts used for the BMW Monroney? That would give me a big head start on the project
Let me think about that. It's a fair amount of work, even with the head start I have.

Quote:
This would be awesome if you guys could re-create! I'd be happy to pay a little too for the all the effort involved (just not $130+ lol)

LJohnson32 The OEM sticker looks to have simpler graphics and no background:

http://gtcarlot.com/data/BMW/M6/2014...-84558655.html
Not necessarily. I think it all has to do with whatever stickers the VDC has at any given time, which is where the Monroney laels are printed before the car arrives at the delaership. For example, most OEM BMW labels have the 'Open Road' art in the background that looks something like this:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-01-2021, 01:14 PM   #10
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
Let me think about that. It's a fair amount of work, even with the head start I have.
Understandable, I know there is time and effort involved even in identifying the proper fonts to be used, so I don't necessarily blame you for wanting to keep it close to chest.

PSA: If anyone has a 2016 M6 Gran Coupe that does have their original window sticker, it would be a huge help if you could PM me a high res photo of it for reference

Last edited by LJohnson32; 04-01-2021 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 07:25 PM   #11
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Understandable, I know there is time and effort involved even in identifying the proper fonts to be used, so I don't necessarily blame you for wanting to keep it close to chest.

PSA: If anyone has a 2016 M6 Gran Coupe that does have their original window sticker, it would be a huge help if you could PM me a high res photo of it for reference
It wasn't even the font or size, so much as having to also recreate the graphical elements like the gas tank, EPA/DEP symbols, efficiency scale, and so on. Each of those is its own element, including the QR code that is absolutely correct - try it yourself! ;-)
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 09:00 AM   #12
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It wasn't even the font or size, so much as having to also recreate the graphical elements like the gas tank, EPA/DEP symbols, efficiency scale, and so on. Each of those is its own element, including the QR code that is absolutely correct - try it yourself! ;-)
Just so there's no misunderstanding I wouldn't expect you to have shared the entire source file with me as that's essentially giving all of your work away -- rather just the font files that were used. Nonetheless, I've got the EPA / Governmental labeling all finished, I just need higher resolution of the standard features box, maintenance plan fine print, and the bottom right section of the window sticker to be able to tell what the specific language is in there. All of the reference photos I find are either extremely shaky or low resolution

04-02-2021, 11:11 AM   #13
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep

Are these of any use? They're not from a '16 GC but they might give you some of the graphics/detail you need
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-02-2021, 11:23 AM   #14
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are these of any use? They're not from a '16 GC but they might give you some of the graphics/detail you need
This is helpful for sure! Thanks for posting. Hoping to get a few of each year so that I can assist others with this. The EPA numbers in the finer print seem to be different year to year, and the maintenance plan as well
      04-02-2021, 12:42 PM   #15
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep

NP. I'll post any more I come across
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 12:19 PM   #16
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Alright after recreating this thing to the finest detail of language used specific to 2016 cars as well as numbers / price figures at every point of the monroney, I can see why Stuttgart Studios charges what they do -- it's no small task to build these.

What I've found is the language and figures used throughout the monroney for various boxes changes slightly from year to year and model to model (F12, F13, and F06) so it really does become a painstaking process if you do want it 100% accurate to what your real monroney would have included down to the letter.

Here is the result with my car:

04-03-2021, 01:42 PM   #17
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep

Looks excellent mate great job! Have you thought about getting it printed in the original style/size/material?
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2021, 09:01 PM   #18
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Alright after recreating this thing to the finest detail of language used specific to 2016 cars as well as numbers / price figures at every point of the monroney, I can see why Stuttgart Studios charges what they do -- it's no small task to build these.

What I've found is the language and figures used throughout the monroney for various boxes changes slightly from year to year and model to model (F12, F13, and F06) so it really does become a painstaking process if you do want it 100% accurate to what your real monroney would have included down to the letter
Well done, it looks great! Agreed, there's a lot of research that goes into one of these things. It's easy to criticize a price when you don't know what's involved.

I'd suggest you send the finished work to a photo finishing lab like AdoramaPix and have it printed professionally, then frame it.
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2021, 09:20 AM   #19
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Looks excellent mate great job! Have you thought about getting it printed in the original style/size/material?
Thanks! Couldn't have done it without those references you posted, that was a huge help. Feel free to PM me any others you find in the future just in case other folks would like this done as well.

Yes at some point I would like to print it in the original size and material, just need to do some more research on what the closest material would be

Quote:
Well done, it looks great! Agreed, there's a lot of research that goes into one of these things. It's easy to criticize a price when you don't know what's involved.

I'd suggest you send the finished work to a photo finishing lab like AdoramaPix and have it printed professionally, then frame it.
Thanks! Yeah face value it really isn't that 'difficult' to do besides having accurate reference material but it was very tedious for sure.

I think what I'll do is have one printed to keep in the car with the owner's manual, and then print another one to frame or something
      04-28-2021, 06:24 PM   #20
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Updating this thread as I finally got around to getting some prints made. I did two non laminated and two laminated because they were so inexpensive. I think the two non-laminated at FedEx was something like $1-2 each and the two laminated were ~$5 each. Glad I worked in high resolution (800 dpi) as the prints came out very crisp at the 11x17in size. Top photo is the laminated and the bottom is non to illustrate how the finish looks up close. With the lamination done it looks identical to how the original monroney would look if you laminated it -- the only way you can tell on the non laminated is because the weight of the paper feels a little off. I printed on 32lb laser paper but might try 64lb to see if that's closer.

04-28-2021, 06:52 PM   #21
arucano
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Grand Coupe CP

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 GC  [10.00]
Smile

Nice job. I am jealous
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2021, 07:11 PM   #22