BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-19-2020, 02:34 AM   #23
m6vdm
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F06

Hi M6Roar, I also found exactly the 3 intercoolers. Would also be interested in whether it is useful and which of those 3 is best.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 04:15 AM   #24
M6Roar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M6GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbi_m6vdm View Post
Hi M6Roar, I also found exactly the 3 intercoolers. Would also be interested in whether it is useful and which of those 3 is best.
There is a 4th one belongs to projectgamma, the most used in my opinion is CSF.

The reason I was looking for chargcoolers is because my climate is hot and it would lose efficiency during pulls. It depend on your climate and how much boost you are going for, higher boost = higher temps.

You can datalog IAT and see if replacing your intercoolers worth it or not, if your car is pulling timing due to high IAT then you should go for it.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 02:08 PM   #25
Aliendex
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: M6 F06

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6Roar View Post
Unfortunately VRSF kept changing the availability date. So I decided to take it to a different route. I would like to thank Golan from AutoTalent & my buddy Aliendex for his brilliant ideas and support.

Here is what I have ended up with since i am not pushing above 22PSI.
You did a pristine job, as always

Let's see if I'm able to follow you and complete my WMI before next summer

Thank you for your help and suggestions
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 02:42 AM   #26
m6vdm
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbi_m6vdm View Post
There is a 4th one belongs to projectgamma, the most used in my opinion is CSF.

The reason I was looking for chargcoolers is because my climate is hot and it would lose efficiency during pulls. It depend on your climate and how much boost you are going for, higher boost = higher temps.

You can datalog IAT and see if replacing your intercoolers worth it or not, if your car is pulling timing due to high IAT then you should go for it.
What do you think, its csf better than vrsf or as well
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 08:04 AM   #27
M6Roar
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6vdm View Post
What do you think, its csf better than vrsf or as well
I can't comment on which is better because I didn't used any.

However CSF is the most used in the M6/M5 community, at the end they will all server the same purpose and its matter of preference.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 08:31 AM   #28
m6vdm
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
I can't comment on which is better because I didn't used any.

However CSF is the most used in the M6/M5 community, at the end they will all server the same purpose and its matter of preference.

I ordered the intercooler from VRSF and I hope I haven't made a mistake. Have you received one yet?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 09:06 AM   #29
M6Roar
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I ordered the intercooler from VRSF and I hope I haven't made a mistake. Have you received one yet?
Unfortunately the delivery date kept changing since Oct so I requested a refund, purchased two used OEM coolers and tapped them for meth.

Goodluck with your purchase, please share your experience when they arrive.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 05:18 AM   #30
KSA.m6
Private
Rep
Drives: M6 14 GC frozen grey & 21 M2C

Garage List
  [0.00]
+1
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 11:13 AM   #31
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
I talked with a couple people who have them on their M5 and did independent testing and seen a good decrease in IAT's. I plan to go with these intercoolers as well early spring pending availability.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 08:46 AM   #32
m6vdm
Switzerland
Rep

Hi Bro,
I received my coolers, the meth kit is coming soon. I'm curious what's going on in April / May.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 11:38 AM   #33
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Hi Bro,
I received my coolers, the meth kit is coming soon. I'm curious what's going on in April / May.
Wow, maybe they're a little ahead of schedule now then. I'll have to check in with them & see. Let us know how you like them.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 06:45 AM   #34
KSA.m6
Private
Rep
Drives: M6 14 GC frozen grey & 21 M2C

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Hi Bro,

Hi,
can we have an update about fitment and benefits you've seen other the past period ?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 06:49 AM   #35
jjgrizz73
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

I went with the CSF coolers after hearing of some figment issues. They fit perfectly and I'm glad I spent a couple bucks more for the quality. I believe I paid 1800usd for them.

Went with the Snow Performance meth kit, stainless braided lines under the car and the VC50 controller I still need to figure out how to mount on the dash haha.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 09:45 PM   #36
yifuuX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgrizz73 View Post
I went with the CSF coolers after hearing of some figment issues. They fit perfectly and I'm glad I spent a couple bucks more for the quality. I believe I paid 1800usd for them.

Went with the Snow Performance meth kit, stainless braided lines under the car and the VC50 controller I still need to figure out how to mount on the dash haha.
Hi bro, do you remember where did you get this for 1800? Cause the listing price is like 2400
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 09:49 PM   #37
BBHMM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 550i

Yeah where you get them for $1800??
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 10:02 AM   #38
jjgrizz73
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

Guy I met online. They were drop shipped. Yes just went back and looked and they were 1950 with shipping, still was much better on the price that I didn't want to take the chance on the cheaper intercoolers since there's not a lot of reviews or info on them.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 12:20 PM   #39
yifuuX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgrizz73 View Post
Guy I met online. They were drop shipped. Yes just went back and looked and they were 1950 with shipping, still was much better on the price that I didn't want to take the chance on the cheaper intercoolers since there's not a lot of reviews or info on them.
mind drop a link? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 11:18 AM   #40
ThatKidDavid
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Subd
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 12:50 PM   #41
blazarov
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5; F15 X5

Quote:
Unfortunately the delivery date kept changing since Oct so I requested a refund, purchased two used OEM coolers and tapped them for meth.

Goodluck with your purchase, please share your experience when they arrive.
Hi,
I am planing on going the same route.
I am finding hard to justify 2-3k$ for aftermarket charge coolers (supposedly more 30% more cooling capacity). With the added cooling from water-meth, i suspect the extra capacity is even more unnecessary and not yielding any real benefits.

Can you share some more details, and hopefuly pics of your modifications?
Looking at the pics you shared, it seems you drilled the plastic cap on the exit side, is that correct? Is the material thick enough there?
How do you find it in terms of quality and reliability, has it worked so far?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 01:23 PM   #42
M6Roar
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazarov View Post
Hi,
I am planing on going the same route.
I am finding hard to justify 2-3k$ for aftermarket charge coolers (supposedly more 30% more cooling capacity). With the added cooling from water-meth, i suspect the extra capacity is even more unnecessary and not yielding any real benefits.

Can you share some more details, and hopefully pics of your modifications?
Looking at the pics you shared, it seems you drilled the plastic cap on the exit side, is that correct? Is the material thick enough there?
How do you find it in terms of quality and reliability, has it worked so far?

Thanks in advance!
Aftermarket coolers doesn't worth it, I got a reputable brand used it for 6 months and went back to stock but that is just my opinion. They are currently collecting dust lol.

Stock ones are holding up great for almost 2 years now. where I tapped and made the 1/8th npt thread is the strongest location in the Charger coolers, scratched the surface with sanding paper and glued an M8 to 1/8th npt adapter with Gorillaweld for extra assurance and I use Aquamist nozzles that fits perfectly in the adapter and I can change the nozzle size anytime I want.
(Be careful when drilling, you will need a stopper or a machine drill so you don't hit the inner parts of the charge coolers)

BTW I purchased used OEM coolers you can find them around 50 to 100 USD
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 11:24 PM   #43
blazarov
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5; F15 X5

Thanks for your prompt and valuable input! I will definitely go in that direction too!
Which meth controller are you using and does it need an analogue boost reference - as in a tube that you need to plug somewhere where it can measure the boost. If yes where did you plug it?

This is the other prerequisite for my WMI setup which i want to setup securely and reliably before i jump into the install.

Thanks again!

Last edited by blazarov; 07-31-2022 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: Typos
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 12:12 AM   #44
M6Roar
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I am running Torqbyte CM5-LTS, it reads directly from the Charge Cooler MAP or intake manifold(Intake manifold will give you higher accuracy. I.E. during shift car cuts power, throttle closes charge pipe boost is too high to stop spraying meth but the intake manifold will drop the pressure due to the throttle closure and you will stop spraying), you can go with check valves or solenoids I run check valves with 15 psi cracking pressure. You will need to calculate the pump PSI - your boost target - (if you will go with check valve) to get the prefect nozzle size and the amount you will need to spray.

If you need any wiring schematics or help with installation don't hesitate to contact me.
Appreciate 0