BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-12-2021, 11:48 PM   #1
Msparta
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

F06 m sport seats vs m multi function seats

So any of you have the m sport seats for your F06 vs the m multi function seats?

My F06 individualized has m multi functional seats but found out recently that there was another option called the "m sport seats".

Does anyone have these and can you share what features it has and some pictures please?
Is it a lesser functional seat compared the the m multi functional seat? Is it an upgrade as such or was the m sport seat the lesser of the two?

After looking at the schematic pics I was under the impression it looked cooler but still have tons of questions but not finding a lot on the topic. Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 01:53 AM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
I think m sport seats were/are an option of the non M 5 and 6 series but I think they were a mix of fabrics/materials.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 02:13 AM   #3
Msparta
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
I think m sport seats were/are an option of the non M 5 and 6 series but I think they were a mix of fabrics/materials.
See attached was and def an option and part #s are available…

[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 11:24 AM   #4
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Kind of hard for me to tell from the photo but this might be ventilated vs non ventilated seats. I think the active seat feature was an option that might have set a different option code.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 02:59 PM   #5
MelbourneFinn
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 G30 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [9.00]
I assume you by multi function seats you mean comfort seats, the ones that have head rests separate from the back rest. These were standard in Australia, but I believe at some stage (early in the life cycle) they were optional in some other markets, and the sport seat was the standard one. I think the sport seats were standard in the "lesser" 6-series models. So from that perspective, the comfort seats are considered as the "better" option, but I suppose everyone can establish their own opinion. But here we don't have that choice, except I have seen one private import M6 for sale with the sport seats, from memory this was originally a UK car.

Hope this helps? From memory, there was another thread about sport seats on this forum not that long ago.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 03:12 PM   #6
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msparta View Post
So any of you have the m sport seats for your F06 vs the m multi function seats?

My F06 individualized has m multi functional seats but found out recently that there was another option called the "m sport seats".

Does anyone have these and can you share what features it has and some pictures please?
Is it a lesser functional seat compared the the m multi functional seat? Is it an upgrade as such or was the m sport seat the lesser of the two?

After looking at the schematic pics I was under the impression it looked cooler but still have tons of questions but not finding a lot on the topic. Thanks again!
I'm not sure how to respond to your question because I can't tell what BMW model 6 series GC you have...or where you're located. Do you have the M6 GC or the 640/650 GC?

The US market did not get the "sport seats" for the regular 6 series (f06/f12/f13) or M6 variants. We only got the comfort seats or the basic seats. If you have an M6...that model had similar designed comfort seats but with a different design in the leather.

The Fxx six series M6 sport seats have a headrest that is similar to how the rear headrests in the f06 GC is designed. I always thought it was odd how the rear headrests in the GC didn't match the front comfort seat headrests like it does in the 2 door coupes/verts (rectangular). But when I saw the actual "sport seats" (that weren't offered here)...the GC's rear seats made more sense. See pic below:
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 10-13-2021 at 03:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 04:13 PM   #7
Msparta
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Quote:

I'm not sure how to respond to your question because I can't tell what BMW model 6 series GC you have...or where you're located. Do you have the M6 GC or the 640/650 GC?

The US market did not get the "sport seats" for the regular 6 series (f06/f12/f13) or M6 variants. We only got the comfort seats or the basic seats. If you have an M6...that model had similar designed comfort seats but with a different design in the leather.

The Fxx six series M6 sport seats have a headrest that is similar to how the rear headrests in the f06 GC is designed. I always thought it was odd how the rear headrests in the GC didn't match the front comfort seat headrests like it does in the 2 door coupes/verts (rectangular). But when I saw the actual "sport seats" (that weren't offered here)...the GC's rear seats made more sense. See pic below:
As you noted the rear seats are m sport seat design whereas the front is comfort seats noted I was not aware that the sport seat was not a US option.

In my opinion it looks way nicer with the sport front seats… having said this perhaps the comfort seat is well much more comfortable … it seems the parts are available if anyone wanted to retrofit the sport seats in place of the comfort seats… wonder if anyone has effectively done that…
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 08:59 AM   #8
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

In regard to the sport seats operations...I've never been sure if they come with the 22-ways that the multi-contour comfort seats have because pics of the sport seats are so hard to find. And when you do see them (like the 2 pics I have that was posted above)...there are no shots of the control panel.

But looking at the sport seats...I struggle to see if they have the upper articulating back like the comfort seats have...and are the head rests stationary...or can they move up/down...and if they can move up/down...is it done electronically or manually?

The electrically powered multi-contour comfort seat's 22-ways include:
  • 2-way thigh extension (fore/aft)
  • 8-way bottom seat movement (fore/aft/up/down/front tilt up/front tilt down/rear tilt up/rear tilt down)
  • 2-way upper seat (tilt forward/tilt backward)
  • 2-way upper articulating back (forward/backward)
  • 2- way head rest (up/down)
  • 4-way lumbar support (upward/downward/forward/backward)
  • 2-way side bolsters (inward/outward)

The other thing about the M-sport seats is the height of the headrests not working well if you are a hat wearer...especially if the hat has a brim (I'm thinking of you cowboys & cowgirls...or dapper ladies & gents ). You would always have to take your hat off because the headrest knocks it off if you lean back into the seat.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 04:33 PM   #9
BLACK KILLER
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW'16 M6GC

Garage List
Quote:

I am the owner of M6 F06 2016 with sports seats. They are much more comfortable than comfortable seats. These seats will make you feel like one piece with the car.
look much better.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 11:41 PM   #10
Mandrake
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6GC MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK KILLER View Post
I am the owner of M6 F06 2016 with sports seats. They are much more comfortable than comfortable seats. These seats will make you feel like one piece with the car.
look much better.
I've loved your build in previous posts. Can you post some pics of your interior? Would really like to see how the sport seats look. Here in the US we did get the manual transmission as an exclusive north American option, but somehow no sport seats. Show us!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 02:37 AM   #11
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

I remember flicking back and forth on the configurators when they were available online, the sports seats do have slightly bigger thigh and side bolsters compared to the comfort seats.

For me the big deal was that the Comfort seats can come with ventilation which the Sport seats can't - note that Comfort can come without ventilation as well.

For F12/13 owners - the Comfort seat headrest matches the rear seats. For F06 owners the Sport seat matches the rear seats. As a massive OCD sufferer, this was a big deal to me and one of the reasons why I got an F13
      10-27-2021, 07:30 AM   #12
BLACK KILLER
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW'16 M6GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake View Post
I've loved your build in previous posts. Can you post some pics of your interior? Would really like to see how the sport seats look. Here in the US we did get the manual transmission as an exclusive north American option, but somehow no sport seats. Show us!
I took some photos for you
Attached Images

Appreciate 1