BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      03-08-2018, 09:36 AM   #1
SGent
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '14 BMW X5 M Sport

640i Quad Exhaust Setup- HELP!

Trying to decide on a quad exhaust setup.

Need recommendations on exhaust options...not trying to break the bank, but also want decent sound.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 10:54 AM   #2
jonM511
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 640i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGent View Post

Need recommendations on exhaust options...not trying to break the bank, but also want decent sound.
This past weekend i installed a Megan Supremo Burnt Tip Dual tip exhaust. Was not pricey bought it on ebay for about $500 and change. Looks great on the car and sounds good for my purpose. Im not looking for a loud obnoxious sound, just a bigger growl than factory. Had it installed by a local muffler shop, came out great i am happy.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 10:55 AM   #3
jonM511
Enlisted Member
Rep

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 11:00 AM   #4
jonM511
Enlisted Member
Rep

Megan Supremo installed on 640i GC

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FMLZj90WFWwrAuVF3
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 10:22 AM   #5
$howtime456
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i

nice. loving the carbon fiber m6 piece
Precision 6266 On Steroids
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 07:05 PM   #6
MSUGOGRN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Black X3MC

Quote:

Been lots of discussion regarding quad tips on this forum. Definitely do some searching. I love my set up. Swapped my mufflers for M6 and then had burnt blue 4.0" tips welded on. I am incredibly happy with that set up. Now, you have a 640 so I don't think you have the vacuum line to hook up to the M6 mufflers. Not sure if that is a big deal. Also, not sure how the M6 mufflers sound on a 640. I love the sound on my 650 though. Best of luck. See post below for how my car ended up.

http://www.6post.com/forums/showpost...2&postcount=11
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 04:31 PM   #7
F06msportmia
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmahes View Post
Quote:

This past weekend i installed a Megan Supremo Burnt Tip Dual tip exhaust. Was not pricey bought it on ebay for about $500 and change. Looks great on the car and sounds good for my purpose. Im not looking for a loud obnoxious sound, just a bigger growl than factory. Had it installed by a local muffler shop, came out great i am happy.
Regarding he Megan exhaust, how is the sound inside the cabin? Is it to loud? Drone? Any insight would be great. On the fence about getting the same setup.

Thanks.
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2018, 03:34 AM   #8
jonM511
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F06msportmia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmahes View Post
Quote:

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/FMLZj90WFWwrAuVF3[/img]
Regarding he Megan exhaust, how is the sound inside the cabin? Is it to loud? Drone? Any insight would be great. On the fence about getting the same setup.

Thanks.
Inside the cabin it sounds awesome, not loud, but noticable. When you drive is sport mode you get a louder sound, but still not obnoxious. Any exhaust there will be drone, but not loud again, if you have music on you will not even notice it
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 06:44 PM   #9
RJV3
Customize Everything!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F06 Gran Coupe/ 16 F10 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonM511 View Post
I actually am waiting for a pair of the Megan racing supremo exhaust for m6 f06 to install on my 640. I picked up the black with chrome black tips.
Upper diffuser painted and ready to install once the megans arrive. I also have a parson 3 pc diffuser I'm painting as well. My only concern is the length of the exhaust pipes.
Looking at your pics of your car, the exhaust placement is nice and flush. Tips don't stick out too far as I see on other setups. To me, quad tips that stick out too far look tacky.

Anything I should mention to my exhaust shop when installing? Or any tips you can share from experience I should be on the look out for during install?
Appreciate 0