BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

12-27-2017, 07:59 AM   #1
Danny1388
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 M

Windows frozen

Hi guys,

Just curious if anyone has the same issue.. the windows on my convertible won't budge this morning so opening the door was a pain to watch. I can manage to open the window without it going down a bit, but the main issue is when closing the door. The window will hit the outside of the rubber seal rather than the inside, where it should be.

Every window is frozen on the car and the weather was about 5 degrees Fahrenheit.

I understand that it was cold out, but I feel that a window should at least be able to open enough to clear from hitting the frame regardless of the weather...any solutions?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2017, 03:44 PM   #2
Angry Ketchup
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 650i (F12)

Lightbulb

This used to happen to my e92 335xi in The States all the time. I'd just smack the window "flat-palmed" and it would retract per normal. Just everything getting frozen up.

The mild UK weather now doesn't necessitate this.
Appreciate 0