12-01-2020, 06:24 PM   #1
xxTHIR13ENxx
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6GC

Job Hunting - need your support

Hey BMW family,

So it's very sad, but I was recently let go from my 8+ year position at a dream firm.
Covid must have played a role, but they didn't really go into much detail as to why the decision was made.

Still, I learned a tremendous amount from them and thanked the Principals for their time and education. So now I'm back on the hunt for my next dream job.
So far I've updated my LinkedIn profile and Resume & Portfolio. My last position was Sr. Project Manager / Landscape Designer.

I love the work, love the field and have become quite efficient through the years. I have a few companies in my radar, but wanted to also add it here, just in case someone is in the field and looking for help (South Florida area), or just to get some positive vibes and feedback.

Please PM with any leads on Landscape Architectural jobs/openings or if you'd like to check out my Resume + Portfolio.

Thanks, all.
- Leo.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 06:29 PM   #2
swhat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 MW E92

Sorry to hear. Goodluck in your search.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 08:07 PM   #3
rebekahb
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Tough year for a lot of folks. I hope you're able to find something soon. Best of luck to you!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 11:06 AM   #4
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG MT M2

I was a Operations Manager at a body shop and we shut the doors in march and I have been looking ever since. It is really tough out there right now, especially around the holidays. It's even worse if you are trying to go corporate. They are all taking resumes and not bothering to get back to you, or you get an interview and they keep stalling you out. I am waiting on my 3rd interview with one company, but they keep telling me "next week" and then I don't hear back. It is extremely frustrating.

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 12:40 PM   #5
chassis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 X3, M-B GLE350W4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxTHIR13ENxx View Post
Hey BMW family,

So it's very sad, but I was recently let go from my 8+ year position at a dream firm.
Covid must have played a role, but they didn't really go into much detail as to why the decision was made.

Still, I learned a tremendous amount from them and thanked the Principals for their time and education. So now I'm back on the hunt for my next dream job.
So far I've updated my LinkedIn profile and Resume & Portfolio. My last position was Sr. Project Manager / Landscape Designer.

I love the work, love the field and have become quite efficient through the years. I have a few companies in my radar, but wanted to also add it here, just in case someone is in the field and looking for help (South Florida area), or just to get some positive vibes and feedback.

Please PM with any leads on Landscape Architectural jobs/openings or if you'd like to check out my Resume + Portfolio.

Thanks, all.
- Leo.
Sorry to hear. When one door closes, others open. Work your network, as you are doing here. Use the phone, meet for coffee/lunch, apply to lots of jobs. Persistence and perseverance are the skills needed for this.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 07:02 AM   #6
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '19 X6M/'13 HP4

OP, sorry you have to deal with these unfortunate events.

Keep in mind, the Military is ALWAYS hiring...
      Yesterday, 05:44 PM   #7
The Libertine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5

Sorry to read about this. Networking gives you the most leverage, and Linkedin is a tremendous platform to utilize. Try to connect with as many recruiters as possible on Linkedin and enable the “open to opportunities” feature. Make sure you profile is “All Star” status, and take advantage of the “premium” option. Linkedin usually offer a 30-day free trial if not already a member. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about what I just noted.

Good luck with your search. Don’t be discouraged. Persistence pays off.
Appreciate 1
chassis643.00