BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

10-28-2022, 05:56 PM   #67
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
You constantly go off topic when you have no where to go in your argument dude lol.
What is the topic?

Quote:
In the real world, the model s plaid shits on the taycan turbo s everywhere. From a stand still, a roll, 1/4.
Quote:
And a full second slower in the 1/4 mile. And it runs 7.7 60-130 lmao Model s plaid does it in 4.x seconds.
Quote:
The taycan is dog shit slow in comparison to the model s plaid.
::

Quote:
And the EV hummer is sold out and so is the EV lightning. And are people going to be racing those? Or actually use them for what those cars in ICE form were used for?

People buy EV's for it's simplicity. The perks are instant acceleration, quieter ride, charging at home. Tesla does well in all that, plus their network is great. And at a great price point when you consider all that. When you look at other EV's that are competing with tesla, they fall short in almost everything.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 07:10 PM   #68
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
What is the topic?

Idk you tell me.

I clicked on this thread initially because i was curious on this 1000hp taycan. Again i'm a porsche fan.

Saw there's not much info about it yet.

Then we use the taycan turbo s, since that's already out, and we compare it to another super ev 4 door. The model s plaid.

Model s plaid is cheaper but also faster in the real world or in every metric of straight line acceleration cars can be measured by.

Then someone mentioned the taycan turbo s is 2 seconds faster than the plaid at the ring. Which is cool. I would hope so. Porsche lives at the ring. Elon introduced the model s to public roads back in like 2012. Fast foward 10 years everyone is trying to catch the plaid in terms of it's acceleration and the it's cost for performance, whether it's EV or even ICE. Porsche has been doing this for DECADES.

Elon? ONE DECADE it took. And everyone is playing catch up.

It's ok though, car makers will catch up i'm sure. The problem with being at the top for so long is that one of these days you get knocked off the top.

So far tesla is still the top.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 07:25 PM   #69
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
What is the topic?

Idk you tell me.

I clicked on this thread initially because i was curious on this 1000hp taycan. Again i'm a porsche fan.

Then we use the taycan turbo s, since that's already out, and we compare it to another super ev 4 door. The model s plaid.

Model s plaid is cheaper but also faster in the real world or in every metric of straight line acceleration cars can be measured by.

Then someone mentioned the taycan turbo s is 2 seconds faster than the plaid at the ring. Which is cool. I would hope so. Porsche lives at the ring. Elon introduced the model s to public roads back in like 2012. Fast foward 10 years everyone is trying to catch the plaid in terms of it's acceleration and the it's cost for performance, whether it's EV or even ICE. Porsche has been doing this for DECADES.

It's ok though, car makers will catch up i'm sure. The problem with being at the top for so long is that one of these days you get knocked off the top.

Yawn
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7837.00
      10-28-2022, 10:30 PM   #70
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Idk you tell me.

Corvette, Tesla... what else? Tell us the exact cars and topics we should avoid mentioning in the future.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 08:45 AM   #71
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Corvette, Tesla... what else? Tell us the exact cars and topics we should avoid mentioning in the future.
Discuss what you want.

Using emotions when posting about it will get those posts destroyed. As I’ve done numerous times already.

Or you can put me on ignore so you can’t read what I type. I already put like 4 people on ignore so I don’t have to read their bullshit. Shooting down posts is easier the less nonsense you have to read.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 12:22 PM   #72
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Using emotions when posting about it will get those posts destroyed. As I’ve done numerous times already.

Or you can put me on ignore so you can’t read what I type. I already put like 4 people on ignore so I don’t have to read their bullshit. Shooting down posts is easier the less nonsense you have to read.
Shooting down posts with facts?

Quote:
tesla is still the top.
The 3rd vehicle in the OP is the Lucid Saphire. We don't have all of it's specs, but we do have some:

Lucid Sapphire is faster then Plaid 0-60. Lucid Sapphire is also faster than the Plaid 0-100, It seems it may be faster than Plaid in the 1/4 mile. It's rated 0.1 seconds slower than Plaid's 1/4 mile rating, but extensive real world testing has shown Teslas claims difficult to trust. Lucid has not demonstrated this tendency to over-state.

It also has a nice interior and tech, but we won't bother with subjective measures, as you clearly don't care.

Quote:

Then someone mentioned the taycan turbo s is 2 seconds faster than the plaid at the ring
The Plaid is out, the Tycan Turbo S is out. The Taycan is about to get a new model with 25% more power. The lesser Taycan Turbo S that is already out is already faster than the plaid on a track, and not far behind it in other measures. The Plaid is currently faster in a straight line. Cue 25% power boost for the Taycan. That's a large of what the topic was supposed to be about : the already close competition (better in some, worse in others) is about to get a lot more where it currently falls short.

The Plaid is already not the fastest EV by some your cherished measures, and now we may find it in the #3 spot soon.

And yes, we all agree the Plaid is already cheaper than the Taycan, just look at it (inside and out) and you can see why. I think until Tesla makes really nice cars, they will always win on price. Good for them for serving the non-enthusiast and non-luxury market. Lucid and Porsche won't have to worry about tesla fans in their showrooms. Given sales numbers for all 3, there seems to be a market for all of the above. It's likely the Plaid will continue to lead in the bargain shoppers segment for a while.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 12:43 PM   #73
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Lucid air is double the price of the plaid. Tesla still has a better network.

Until lucid air tops that, it’s still inferior to the plaid.

Taycan, again is slower everywhere than the plaid except 2 seconds faster at the ring. A single track thousands of miles away. And the plaid is cheaper. With a better network.

I already said car makers will catch up I’m sure. Said that numerous times. Until then Tesla is still the top of the EV chain.

Those are facts.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 04:57 PM   #74
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Lucid air is double the price of the plaid. Tesla still has a better network.

Until lucid air tops that, it’s still inferior to the plaid.

Taycan, again is slower everywhere than the plaid except 2 seconds faster at the ring. A single track thousands of miles away. And the plaid is cheaper. With a better network.

I already said car makers will catch up I’m sure. Said that numerous times. Until then Tesla is still the top of the EV chain.

Those are facts.
I hear there is a meth-head at the homeless camp a few miles from my house with a $20 special, and I hear she's the fastest in town too. She is the fastest and cheapest there is, and is available 24 hours a day. Until any woman can beat that, every other woman is inferior. The rest are all playing catchup, and my wife has no hope.

Last edited by chad86tsi; 10-29-2022 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 07:12 PM   #75
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
lol just as i thought.

Let me know when your side of the discussion holds any water.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 09:02 PM   #76
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Guys, it’s a thread about a car that hasn’t been released yet, and that we won’t be able to buy anyway…
Why the animosity over a car you will rarely even see, comparing with cars you won’t even own? This spec sheet racing needs to stop lol
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7837.00
Cos270608.50
      10-30-2022, 06:11 AM   #77
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Guys, it’s a thread about a car that hasn’t been released yet, and that we won’t be able to buy anyway…
Why the animosity over a car you will rarely even see, comparing with cars you won’t even own? This spec sheet racing needs to stop lol

I'm sure the car would surprise many when it's finally released. Again i'm a porsche fan so i would hope it does well.

Just stating facts here that's all. It has nothing to do with being a fanboy when you're just relaying the truth.

I was just saying tesla is the leading car maker when it comes to EV technology. That's fact. When it comes to sales figures, cost to purchase, power, simplicity, range, and the network. The totality of all that all belongs to tesla. When one car maker can do one of those things better than tesla, falls short on the rest.

Tesla is the leader of ALL of it when you look at an entire package.

I know people hate tesla which is fine. Some "car buddies" of mine didn't like the idea i got a model 3. They said i was a traitor lol. Those guys are so fucking stupid
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 09:52 AM   #78
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

BGM-M3COMP, do you own Tesla stock or are you employed by Tesla?
Appreciate 3
________4158.50
x622962.00
Cos270608.50
      10-30-2022, 10:39 AM   #79
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
BGM-M3COMP, do you own Tesla stock or are you employed by Tesla?
I actually don't. Although i should've years ago.

That's funny you mention employment. My friend actually does work for tesla lol.

They're just at the top still, that's all i'm saying.

Until a car maker can knock it off when you talk about every single factor, then it will remain at the top.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 11:28 AM   #80
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Until a car maker can knock it off when you talk about every single factor, then it will remain at the top.

What are those factors?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 12:19 PM   #81
________
________
Rep

Quote:
I actually don't. Although i should've years ago.

That's funny you mention employment. My friend actually does work for tesla lol.

Thread is about the Taycan, not Tesla.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7837.00
      10-30-2022, 01:52 PM   #82
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s

Garage List
2024 G87 M2  [0.00]
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Don't tell him that.

Has anyone driven the current gen Turbo S Taycan? I've only had seat time in a 4S and it was nice, but definitely a bit expensive for what it was.
      10-30-2022, 01:58 PM   #83
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Totally. And I’m sure it’ll be a great car. Porsche knows what they’re doing.

Until then Tesla is the leader in this technology when talking about the whole package.

But yeah let’s go Porsche!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 02:03 PM   #84
________
________
Rep

Quote:

Until then Tesla is the leader in this technology when talking about the whole package.

But yeah let’s go Porsche!
Hahahaha dude you’re annoying af lol you must be jesting.

It’s like those threads about an M3 that people keep saying “my car has nicer looking grilles!”
Appreciate 3
x622962.00
AlexFL7837.00
Cos270608.50
      10-30-2022, 02:36 PM   #85
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:

I thought it was superior in every single factor? are you changing your mind?

Quote:
Best "Whole package", or best on "every single factor"? You keep moving the goal, so I'm curious where the goal even is these days.

You are here to bring the facts, and are clearly "wining the debate" so lets hear all about it.

Quote:
the only ones winning these arguments are people like me
Quote:
You're not winning these arguments.

Quote:
So i guess i win at the end

Last edited by chad86tsi; 10-30-2022 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 05:50 PM   #86
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

It’s like those threads about an M3 that people keep saying “my car has nicer looking grilles!”
Yet you keep responding though lol

A quick add to your ignore list and you won't have to see my annoying posts.

Sometimes when people state the truth, people get annoyed.

Again i am rooting for porsche. I am a porsche fan. I was just stating facts that tesla is still the leader in this technology. It was clear the topic of this thread is the taycan no? Who is it trying to go against? The model s plaid no?

So it was inevitable someone will mention tesla. I just so happen to do it. Because i'm stating facts.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 06:28 PM   #87
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Quote:

Again i am rooting for porsche. I am a porsche fan. I was just stating facts that tesla is still the leader in this technology. It was clear the topic of this thread is the taycan no? Who is it trying to go against? The model s plaid no?

So it was inevitable someone will mention tesla. I just so happen to do it. Because i'm stating facts.
Copy/paste/submit
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 08:00 PM   #88
________
________
Rep

Quote:

I get it. It’s just that usually you post your opinion and move on… you repeated yourself endlessly!

And I don’t find you annoying and I’m not adding you to my ignore list!! Far from it. Just bantering.

You guys get too worked up on spec sheets! Lol
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7837.00