BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

07-07-2020, 03:32 PM   #1
sixfiftyay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw 650I Gran Coupe

F06 Front Jack Point Location

hey everyone.

with my car recently lowered, getting my jack underneath the side of the vehicle has become a challenge, which i realized when i attempted to lift the car to change the oil.

has anyone jacked up the car from the front and if so where did you place the jack?

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 04:12 PM   #2
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfiftyay View Post
hey everyone.

with my car recently lowered, getting my jack underneath the side of the vehicle has become a challenge, which i realized when i attempted to lift the car to change the oil.

has anyone jacked up the car from the front and if so where did you place the jack?

thanks!
My car has been lowered recently too. I found driving the wheels onto some blocks of wood helps raise the chassis and gives you enough room to get a jack under.

I already have a low entry jack and thought about buying a flatter jack now. But instead I'm going to make some 2 level timber ramps. More cost affective as a 4.8m length of 2" x 8" C16 timber is around £20.

G30 540i xDrive / Stage 3 via BM3 / xHP Stage 3 / Pure 800 Cast Turbo / 5" Catted Downpipe / MST Intake / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / 19" JR SL01 & Conti SC7 / 20" BBS CI-R & Michelin PS4S / F90 Sway Bars & Braces / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2020, 08:45 PM   #3
AccordTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i XDrive Gran Coupe M

Quote:
hey everyone.

thanks!
Do not jack from the front. As said drive on to some wood and use the jack points. You can also buy ramps if needed.
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
Powder Coated 373m Triple Bronze
CPG intakes
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Custom Snow Performance methanol injection
Custom exhaust, straight pipes to quad tips
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps
xHP Stage 3
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2020, 05:27 PM   #4
jjasonSU
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 650i, NSX

Yes but I believe it's covered by plastic
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-09-2020, 12:36 PM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
hey everyone. ..has anyone jacked up the car from the front and if so where did you place the jack?

thanks!
Yes...and ditto jjasonSU...I used the front/center jack point identified in the TIS illustration (#1)...and the pic with the red arrow below...of where to jack when using a trolley lift. I then placed jack stands under the two front jack lift pad positions. Also as mentioned...depending on what model 5/6/7/X5 you have...there may be padding covering the lift location...but in those cases if you look close, there’s usually an indentation in the padding that indicates where you can lift:

Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1
jjasonSU194.00
      07-10-2020, 06:30 PM   #6
DRock3d
Kraut Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i GC/2011 335is DCT

Garage List
2014 650i Gran Coupe  [0.00]
2011 335is  [1.00]
2007 328i  [2.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordTR View Post
Do not jack from the front. As said drive on to some wood and use the jack points. You can also buy ramps if needed.

There is a front jack point, it's much better than the side jack points which are better suited for a lift. BMW is great for providing this on almost all models. Please do not spread bad information.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 09:11 PM   #7
AccordTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i XDrive Gran Coupe M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRock3d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordTR View Post

There is a front jack point, it's much better than the side jack points which are better suited for a lift. BMW is great for providing this on almost all models. Please do not spread bad information.
What bad information? He is extremely low. The front jack point is in a bad spot when lowered and it is very easy to slip off the exact pad. There is also a lot of plastic around the point on many models. He probably can't see the front pad if he's on h&r springs etc. It is always safer to jack on the sides where you have better control and line of sight. If your low either drive on to some wood or get ramps. I guarantee I've had my 6 on jacks and lifts more than 99% of the people on here.
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
Powder Coated 373m Triple Bronze
CPG intakes
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Custom Snow Performance methanol injection
Custom exhaust, straight pipes to quad tips
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps
xHP Stage 3