BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-15-2019, 05:24 PM   #1
15Geez
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Carbon Fiber Installation - GC

Hello folks,
So, I've been researching the V Style carbon fiber kits (front/side skirts/rear diffuser) offered on alienexpress, ebay, etc. but have been reluctant to pull the trigger because of the limited amount of information available on how these parts are installed.

Does anyone know how the V Style Carbon Fiber side skirts are installed on the GC? Will I have to drill holes into my OEM rocker panels?

Any insight would help. Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 06:38 PM   #2
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

I would take it to a good body shop that will line everything up correctly, but yes most likely will have to drill holes and use 3m double sided or adhesive. The front one i bought had tabs that you drilled for the OEM holes that were holding those rubber flaps under the bumper
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 06:40 PM   #3
ByronUT_M6
Private
Rep
Drives: '13 Sakhir Orange M6

In my experience you definitely get what you pay for when it comes to eBay and similar sites, the fitment usually is not great and the parts are typically only carbon fiber overlaid and not manufactured of full carbon fiber. I'd check out RW Carbon or JL Motoring they have quality full carbon products but are still reasonably priced.
Appreciate 0