BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-01-2021, 02:57 PM   #1
Harnoor1234
Rep
Drives: BMW m6 f12

Transmission Help. Mechatronic Unit?

Alright Guys,

I have a 2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

I'm going to try and make a long story short. October I got a drivetrain malfunction while having some fun with the car. Car wouldn't go in reverse or 1st gear. Took it to BMW and they said clutches.

I figured why go with OEM clutches and instead got some aftermarket clutches put in from Kris @ SSP Performance. I got the transmission taken out and shipped to him. He did the clutch install, I got the trans back and put back in and adapted.

Went to go get the new clucthes adapted there was a pan leak along with a crankshaft sensor that got replaced. I figured oh well I just want the car back now.

They did the adaption and said it was running fine and all of a sudden they said it went into "Limp Mode". Ran it through ISTA software and is saying mechatronic fault. The guy said it was a 7500 DOLLAR PART....

When I first took it to BMW wouldn't they have known if the mechatronic was bad. I think something fishy is going on here. Car sat at Troy Jeup's garage for like a month before he was like I don't have the time.

Aren't there repair kits for a mechatronic?

https://www.bmwpartsnow.com/oem-part...le-12148630492

^ What is that

What are my options?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 10:45 AM   #2
Spacecpe
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Msport

I would have a talk with SSP.. They're the last to touch the inside of the Trans.
Appreciate 0