BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-28-2020, 10:50 PM   #1
e90coast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: m4

Any engineers in SoCal looking for an entry level mechanical engineer?

Kinda bummed after a few interviews fell through, any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 08:17 PM   #2
mecheng77
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i JBlk

I'm a mech eng but I'm doing civil engineering because in my area infrastructure is booming so you may want to broaden your search
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 08:05 AM   #3
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [5.00]
do you have indeed or Linkedin?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 02:55 PM   #4
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

i'll take the M4, at a discount of course
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 3
Dpc2u4115.50
Dang3r4452.00

08-31-2020, 05:30 PM   #5
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: JTR

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
i'll take the M4, at a discount of course
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 05:52 PM   #6
e90coast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
do you have indeed or Linkedin?
Yes I do, man I've applied to more than 500 jobs. All vanished
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 11:38 PM   #7
smrtypants44
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i

If you don't mind relocation, looks like we have an entry level engineering job opening....

https://careers-spiritaero.icims.com...-defense-1/job
      Yesterday, 08:21 PM   #8
e90coast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtypants44 View Post
If you don't mind relocation, looks like we have an entry level engineering job opening....

Thanks man, relaxation is not on my interest. I do fortunately qualify for this position. Is there a location in California?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:28 AM   #9
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtypants44 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90coast View Post
Thanks man, relaxation is not on my interest. I do fortunately qualify for this position. Is there a location in California?
I don't know - someone asks you if you have LinkedIn and you take a month and a half to respond...you'd think if you were putting feelers out, you'd check your lines a little more frequently to see if you caught anything.

Then, this dude tells you about an opportunity, and requires relocation, and you say "relaxation is not on my interest", which I'm guessing is autocorrect, but again, think you'd look at least before posting as an engineer.

Then again, it took me literally 2 minutes to follow the link and learn about the company and its locations which are:

About Spirit AeroSystems
Spirit AeroSystems, with headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, USA, is one of the world’s largest non-OEM designers and manufacturers of aerostructures for commercial and defense aircraft. In addition to its Wichita facilities, Spirit has locations in Tulsa and McAlester, Oklahoma; Kinston, North Carolina; Biddeford, Maine; San Antonio, Texas; Prestwick, Scotland; Subang, Malaysia; and Saint-Nazaire, France. The company’s core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components. Additionally, Spirit provides maintenance, repair and overhaul services.

Again, you could have done this yourself. All this suggests to me you aren't really a self starter or someone who can work independently. Maybe I just expect more from engineers, I don't know. Maybe I'm unrealistic. But based on this thread, I wouldn't have hired you if I were an employer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Joe's mind and vocabulary are much like being served something that you don't want to swallow on a 24k gold platter.....with 5 star service.
Appreciate 3
jmack139.00

Today, 08:30 AM   #10
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

what are you trying to focus on?

industrial and municipal construction is always looking for mechanical engineers. have you tried hitting up some of those type of engineering firms?

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:56 AM   #11
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [5.00]
could be the same reason OP hasnt done well with interviews.
OP sending bad vibe to possible employers, looking for someone with more of go getter, self motivated individual, work independently etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I don't know - someone asks you if you have LinkedIn and you take a month and a half to respond...you'd think if you were putting feelers out, you'd check your lines a little more frequently to see if you caught anything.

Then, this dude tells you about an opportunity, and requires relocation, and you say "relaxation is not on my interest", which I'm guessing is autocorrect, but again, think you'd look at least before posting as an engineer.

Then again, it took me literally 2 minutes to follow the link and learn about the company and its locations which are:

About Spirit AeroSystems
Spirit AeroSystems, with headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, USA, is one of the world’s largest non-OEM designers and manufacturers of aerostructures for commercial and defense aircraft. In addition to its Wichita facilities, Spirit has locations in Tulsa and McAlester, Oklahoma; Kinston, North Carolina; Biddeford, Maine; San Antonio, Texas; Prestwick, Scotland; Subang, Malaysia; and Saint-Nazaire, France. The company’s core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components. Additionally, Spirit provides maintenance, repair and overhaul services.

Again, you could have done this yourself. All this suggests to me you aren't really a self starter or someone who can work independently. Maybe I just expect more from engineers, I don't know. Maybe I'm unrealistic. But based on this thread, I wouldn't have hired you if I were an employer.
Appreciate 2
jmack139.00
vreihen162584.00