BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

09-29-2019, 07:01 PM   #1
finalfan7asy
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Grand Coupe

Garage List
Door Panel Leather Discoloration

Hey everyone,

New owner of a 2014 BMW M6 and new to the forum! Anyone experience leather discoloration, speficially with their door panels? My leather appears to be two different finishes (matte and glossy). I'm not sure if the previous owner used a harsh chemical on it or if it's from something else (see photos). I've tried leather cleaner and conditioner with no luck. The interior is in beautiful condition except for this issue. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 02:40 AM   #2
JBF650
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F13 LCI 650i Coupe

Looks like either a harsh cleaning agent has been used and discolouration has occurred or some nitwit has used a scourer or harsh sponge to clean it..... either way it’s goig to stand out , perhaps seek the guidance of a good auto trimmer who maybe able to blend the finish again.... good luck
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 07:00 AM   #3
Airz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Sakhir Coupe

That looks like someone has put something on it which has made it shiny. The matt finish is how it should look so I'd think about using some kind of cleaner to see if I could take the rest of it off. Something like this would be worth a try https://gyeonquartz.com/product/leathercleaner-strong/
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 02:41 PM   #4
finalfan7asy
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Grand Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBF650 View Post
Looks like either a harsh cleaning agent has been used and discolouration has occurred or some nitwit has used a scourer or harsh sponge to clean it..... either way it’s goig to stand out , perhaps seek the guidance of a good auto trimmer who maybe able to blend the finish again.... good luck
It definitely stands out, especially on a sunny day. I've tried using Chemical Guys leather cleaner and conditioner with no help. Like you said, maybe it needs a professional touch. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 11:39 AM   #5
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

If you decide against the professional route, I would suggest Swissvax products. Although rather expensive (subjective) it's no doubt that the quality is there. You get what you pay for type of thing...Check out post #41 on my thread of a few before & after's: https://www.6post.com/forums/showthr...1565194&page=2
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 12:37 PM   #6
plm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
If you decide against the professional route, I would suggest Swissvax products. Although rather expensive (subjective) it's no doubt that the quality is there. You get what you pay for type of thing...Check out post #41 on my thread of a few before & after's: https://www.6post.com/forums/showthr...1565194&page=2
By all account Swissvax is made by ColourLock, who manufacture leather and interior cleaning/refurbishment products for a number of OEMs and brands.

Take a look at their website and maybe email them these pictures. They are great as reviewing your specific scenario and recommending a treatment plan.
Appreciate 0