BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      06-13-2020, 07:11 AM   #1
chris771275
Rep
Drives: M6 GC ZCP 6MT

6MT Comp Roll Call

Hi all,

Have been around for ages but never post. One of the things I've come to realize is just how rare the manual cars are with the competition pack - a spec I had spent a year looking for before finding one a couple years ago - with only 23 F06 6MT Competition Packs built over the production run (wasn't available on LCI).

Not sure on the numbers for F12s/F13s but I'd imagine they are similarly low.

I've been compiling a registry - anyone else on here have one these unicorns?

Looks like I'm the only Space Gray and only Zandvoort Beige interior one
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
EnVe461037.50
Flying Ace4982.50
      06-13-2020, 04:54 PM   #2
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

You're right, it's very rare on the F06. That combo (ZCP + 6MT) is only available on pre-LCI.

Also your car has the xenon headlights which is also rare. At one point LEDs were standard, and most owners built their cars with LEDs. Space gray and zandvoort were only offered up to 2015.

Looks like your car's a bare bone stripper. Standard audio, 6MT, xenon, doesn't look like you even have HUD. I'm curious how much your car weighs. Have you tried to put it on a scale? It's as light as you could possibly build a f06.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 06-13-2020 at 04:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 06:45 PM   #3
chris771275
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
You're right, it's very rare on the F06. That combo (ZCP + 6MT) is only available on pre-LCI.

Also your car has the xenon headlights which is also rare. At one point LEDs were standard, and most owners built their cars with LEDs. Space gray and zandvoort were only offered up to 2015.

Looks like your car's a bare bone stripper. Standard audio, 6MT, xenon, doesn't look like you even have HUD. I'm curious how much your car weighs. Have you tried to put it on a scale? It's as light as you could possibly build a f06.
Indeed - the first owner definitely picked an unusual spec - the only option (other than 6mt and comp) on it is full leather - no executive package (I think this included the lights, HUD, etc), no drivers assistance, BO, etc. I never seem to see cars without the exec package (don't mind the lights or HUD but the cooled seats would be been nice!) Totally bare bones except for the leather upgrade. Haven't weighed it but would be curious - imagine only the CCB option would drop the weight.

Last edited by chris771275; 06-13-2020 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 07:29 PM   #4
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris771275 View Post
Indeed - the first owner definitely picked an unusual spec - the only option (other than 6mt and comp) on it is full leather - no executive package (I think this included the lights, HUD, etc), no drivers assistance, BO, etc. I never seem to see cars without the exec package (don't mind the lights or HUD but the cooled seats would be been nice!) Totally bare bones except for the leather upgrade. Haven't weighed it but would be curious - imagine only the CCB option would drop the weight.
Correct, CCBs would drop about 200 lbs. The 343s are the lightest wheel for the F06. Though theoretically you can fit the 344m 19 inch wheels from a F12/13 M6 for the light as possible OEM wheel. From time to time you'll see a car without B&O.

Most owners leased their cars. So ticking all the boxes didn't really have that big of difference on the monthly payments. It's really hard to find a car without the executive package.

I agree though, the cool seats are a must. I use it all the time. Also the driver assistance package which comes with all the safety stuff has the overhead cameras, which is the must if you do a lot of street parking. Find site detection is also pretty useful for a car of the size and with terrible c pillars.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 03:22 AM   #5
Marcus Frost
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: Various

Quote:
Hi all,

Have been around for ages but never post. One of the things I've come to realize is just how rare the manual cars are with the competition pack - a spec I had spent a year looking for before finding one a couple years ago - with only 23 F06 6MT Competition Packs built over the production run (wasn't available on LCI).

Not sure on the numbers for F12s/F13s but I'd imagine they are similarly low.

I've been compiling a registry - anyone else on here have one these unicorns?

Looks like I'm the only Space Gray and only Zandvoort Beige interior one
Checking in. I have a 6-Speed 2014 F13.

Sakhir Orange / Black
Executive Package
Drivers Assistance Package
Bang & Olufsen
Carbon Ceramics

These cars are absolutely unicorns and totally unappreciated in the marketplace, but I am confident that has been and will change. These cars are such great to drive with 3 pedals.
Attached Images

1969 Lincoln Continental Sedan
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 12:15 PM   #6
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost View Post

Sakhir Orange / Black
Executive Package
Bang & Olufsen
Carbon Ceramics

These cars are absolutely unicorns and totally unappreciated in the marketplace, but I am confident that has been and will change. These cars are such great to drive with 3 pedals.
What's your IG Mr Frost?
      06-14-2020, 06:01 PM   #7
chris771275
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost View Post

Sakhir Orange / Black
Executive Package
Bang & Olufsen
Carbon Ceramics

Amazing spec and what a beauty! And I agree - it's a thin market but I think the appreciation is already starting to show. I've been watching the BAT auctions for 6mt M5s and it's shown a pretty meaningful premium to DCT. For those interested, there's few true luxury GTs left with a stick.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 01:14 AM   #8
Marcus Frost
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
What's your IG Mr Frost?
@marcusfr0st
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 01:16 AM   #9
Marcus Frost
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Amazing spec and what a beauty! And I agree - it's a thin market but I think the appreciation is already starting to show. I've been watching the BAT auctions for 6mt M5s and it's shown a pretty meaningful premium to DCT. For those interested, there's few true luxury GTs left with a stick.
I don't think this is the place to have the 6MT vs DCT debate... cause it's tired and has been beaten to death. That said, I agree wholeheartedly with you - the spread between the two is visible and I think as time goes on, these cars will be in a very special category as clearly BMW has no intention of making the new M5/M8 in 3 pedal so we are the last of the breed.
Appreciate 1
MMMM6GC275.00